2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

enjaysea

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by enjaysea »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:52 pm">5 years ago</span> Bless your heart, I've got seats on the aisle in Row J. Thanks so much for the offer. What I'm working on now is a ride down from Sonoma County.
There's a seat in Row A with your name on it, assuming you find your ride from Sonoma County :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

enjaysea wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:57 am">5 years ago</span>
Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:52 pm">5 years ago</span> Bless your heart, I've got seats on the aisle in Row J. Thanks so much for the offer. What I'm working on now is a ride down from Sonoma County.
There's a seat in Row A with your name on it, assuming you find your ride from Sonoma County :wink:
Fantastic Nick thank you for that generous offer for Amie - her history of the group is encyclopedic and for anybody that wants to know anything about Libera its the fist and last place you need to look.

Amie - I can't believe this will be your first time seeing them live. Wow, you're really going to be on cloud 9 if they are half as good as they were in Ely last month. Enjoy experiencing the group live and of course now we all want to read YOUR review :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:30 pm">5 years ago</span> Nope, I've never seen them live before (don't travel much). It's only folks like you that keep the timeline going and well-reviewed, so thanks!
:shock: Wow! I echo Yorkie's sentiment that your review will be extra special given the time and effort and devotion you have put into the timeline. It had not occurred to me that you had never seen them live and I hope that it is extra extra special for you. :D
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

I'm grateful to Nick for his generosity. I probably won't be writing a review, as I much prefer other people's observations, and I plan to just sit and enjoy. Thanks for all the kind words!
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:55 am">5 years ago</span> Fantastic Nick thank you for that generous offer for Amie - her history of the group is encyclopedic and for anybody that wants to know anything about Libera its the first and last place you need to look.
I agree Andy! I've been following her site for years. She does a great job compiling everything Libera.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Sorry I can't make it from Florida, but if I were coming, I'd offer to buy Amie a nice meal (or whatever she prefers), after all she's done for the history of Libera.

I echo the sentiments here - SUPER glad that you get to see them. And if they have a meet-n-greet after, be sure to introduce yourself to the staff - I'm sure they appreciate your efforts.
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:06 pm">5 years ago</span> I'm grateful to Nick for his generosity. I probably won't be writing a review, as I much prefer other people's observations, and I plan to just sit and enjoy. Thanks for all the kind words!
I also wanna join the line & give you proper thanks as well as congratulations, as I've been enjoying your Libera historical timeline ever since I discovered them. Too bad I can't go this time or else I would thank you in person. :D
I can only assure you that being in front rows at Libera concerts really IS something! :wink:

P/S: I wonder when the album Beyond will be released - before they came to the US perhaps (so that they can sell the CDs as merch)? Now is exactly one month left until the first concert already...
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Thank you, everybody! It seems illogical to announce a new album and a tour simultaneously and then not release the album, but we'll have to wait and see.
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

Hello!

Any news on what the group will be doing during the several days between the San Antonio Concert and their Dallas Appearance? That's a five-day break. In fact, they seem to have a lot of downtime on this trip between concerts. Hope they will have plenty of activities scheduled to keep them occupied!
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

I'm sure they will be kept busy. How their downtime is spend while on tour is always a closely guarded secret for obvious reasons. We'll find out what they've been up to after the tour when they post their snaps. I always look forward to seeing their snaps. :)
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

If you look at the latest posting by Libera of the US on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk5yP8ZBedG ... y=uslibera), there is a comment from the Oakland-based Pacific Boychoir which suggests that at least some of them plan on attending Libera's concert in San Francisco. According to their website, they are "the only North American boychoir school outside the East Coast."
frankstuart

Post by frankstuart »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:32 pm">5 years ago</span> I'm sure they will be kept busy. How their downtime is spend while on tour is always a closely guarded secret for obvious reasons. We'll find out what they've been up to after the tour when they post their snaps. I always look forward to seeing their snaps. :)
And of course, the wonderful reports that they post detailing their adventures they get up to while on tour. I love reading those on the website!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:15 am">5 years ago</span> If you look at the latest posting by Libera of the US on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk5yP8ZBedG ... y=uslibera), there is a comment from the Oakland-based Pacific Boychoir which suggests that at least some of them plan on attending Libera's concert in San Francisco. According to their website, they are "the only North American boychoir school outside the East Coast."
I hope that members of the two choirs are able to interact. I think it's probably a valuable and fun cultural exchange for both groups.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Also bought a ticket for the Garden Grove concert. Can hardly believe I'll be seeing them twice in one week! So excited :D Looking forward to meeting other fans as well :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 am">5 years ago</span> Also bought a ticket for the Garden Grove concert. Can hardly believe I'll be seeing them twice in one week! So excited :D Looking forward to meeting other fans as well :)
So glad to hear that you'll be able to make two concerts! That is a great opportunity. I hope that you'll write a review for us afterwards, they're always so enjoyable to read.