2018 US Summer Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: 2018 US Summer Tour

Post by filiarheni »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:55 pm">5 years ago</span> The one to follow now is Plano and afterwards San Antonio, and if it's the other way round, they hopefully can serve with a decent apology for disturbing such nice order.
:shock: San Antonio announced first! :P

So glad it's there at last! Maybe I should have said something earlier. :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Lucas wrote:Per twitter:
Tickets for our San Antonio concert will go on sale at 10am CDT on 18th June. https://t.co/lkVLCrMUZL

There seems to have been some confusion somewhere :lol:
On the Tobin Center website the sale start date is announced for Friday, June 22, not for today Monday, June 18

[attachment=0]Tobin Opening Sale.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Tobin Opening Sale.jpg
Tobin Opening Sale.jpg (49.52 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
Tobin Opening Sale.jpg
Tobin Opening Sale.jpg (49.52 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Ticket sale starts completed (as long as it stays with 5 of them) - for Plano, 29th July, tweeted by Libera of the US:

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/uslibera

:D :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 pm">5 years ago</span> Ticket sale starts completed (as long as it stays with 5 of them) - for Plano, 29th July, tweeted by Libera of the US:

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/uslibera
I was about to post this here, you're fast! :mrgreen:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

Addressing the confusion about the San Antonio tickets:

I called the box office and they said that Tobin Center Member early access tickets are what opened today. General public access to Libera tickets for San Antonio will be, as the website indicates, on Friday.

If you are SUPER hardcore about getting the exact spot you want, year-long membership for the Tobin Center costs $150, and the orchestra center tickets are $37.50, I believe. Paying for this membership will allow you to buy tickets before Friday. I will be extremely honest and admit that I - perhaps pathetically - took this route for the spot I wanted. I did this all over the phone with the Tobin Center box office and it took about 10 minutes. You can think I'm ridiculous; I'll own it.

If you haven't seen it yet, here is the seating chart for the Tobin Center. I was told that the first two rows closest to the stage will not be accessible for audience members, as requested by Libera: https://www.tobincenter.org/sites/defau ... hestra.pdf

EDIT: Tickets are $42.00 for orchestra center. (36.50 for admission + 5.50 for additional fees)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks for the clarification Lucas :)

Don't be afraid or feel culprit about what you paid in order to secure a very good seat, it is a pretty normal reaction. Quite a few fans here including yours truly spent way more money on some occasions, not speaking about crossing an ocean for a single concert :lol:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Will the official Libera or U.S. Libera websites have official tour posters available for download in the near future? I've only seen poster images on a couple social media sites.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lucas wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:50 pm">5 years ago</span> Addressing the confusion about the San Antonio tickets:

I called the box office and they said that Tobin Center Member early access tickets are what opened today. General public access to Libera tickets for San Antonio will be, as the website indicates, on Friday.

If you are SUPER hardcore about getting the exact spot you want, year-long membership for the Tobin Center costs $150, and the orchestra center tickets are $37.50, I believe. Paying for this membership will allow you to buy tickets before Friday. I will be extremely honest and admit that I - perhaps pathetically - took this route for the spot I wanted. I did this all over the phone with the Tobin Center box office and it took about 10 minutes. You can think I'm ridiculous; I'll own it.

If you haven't seen it yet, here is the seating chart for the Tobin Center. I was told that the first two rows closest to the stage will not be accessible for audience members, as requested by Libera: https://www.tobincenter.org/sites/defau ... hestra.pdf

EDIT: Tickets are $42.00 for orchestra center. (36.50 for admission + 5.50 for additional fees)
Smart strategy! Not ridiculous at all. I have paid lots more for just regular tickets to shows unrelated to Libera! For those of us who post here, music, and particularly Libera's music, is very important to us. When travelling such distances just to see them perform, such sums are understandable and justifiable. FDL's comment about those who are flying in from faraway countries underscores this. Your ticket price is a pittance compared to international travel expenses. :D
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:25 pm">5 years ago</span> Will the official Libera or U.S. Libera websites have official tour posters available for download in the near future? I've only seen poster images on a couple social media sites.
Concert posters have been hit and miss I think. Weren't they once posted at the Libera website? Sometimes we find full PDFs through venues only and at other time posted by Libera itself. I do not think there has ever been any consistently to any of that. The answer to your question would be "maybe" :| .
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Got my Tickets for LA Cathedral (my cathedral!!) and Christ Cathedral, where my mom will once again be joining me. I am on disability and can afford nothing, so she said just to put it on her card, she is paying for all three tickets! She knows Libera has gotten me through some very tough times.

Can't wait to see them! This will be concerts 4 and 5 for me--all in California!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

katyafan wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:28 am">5 years ago</span> Got my Tickets for LA Cathedral (my cathedral!!) and Christ Cathedral, where my mom will once again be joining me. I am on disability and can afford nothing, so she said just to put it on her card, she is paying for all three tickets! She knows Libera has gotten me through some very tough times.

Can't wait to see them! This will be concerts 4 and 5 for me--all in California!
So happy for you :) Maybe we'll see eachother at the LA Cathedral. How wonderful that you get to see them there!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

I'm happy that, after 10+ years of the Libera Timeline, I'll finally get to see them at last in San Francisco. Looking forward to it!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:53 pm">5 years ago</span> I'm happy that, after 10+ years of the Libera Timeline, I'll finally get to see them at last in San Francisco. Looking forward to it!
This is probably a dumb question, but you have seen them live before - just not in San Fran?

Love your timeline by the way, fantastic history of the group :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Nope, I've never seen them live before (don't travel much). It's only folks like you that keep the timeline going and well-reviewed, so thanks!
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:30 pm">5 years ago</span> Nope, I've never seen them live before (don't travel much). It's only folks like you that keep the timeline going and well-reviewed, so thanks!
Amie, if you'd like one of the seats I've saved in the front section, let me know and I'll put your name on it.
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Bless your heart, I've got seats on the aisle in Row J. Thanks so much for the offer. What I'm working on now is a ride down from Sonoma County.