Beyond

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Beyond

Post by dani »

It will be interesting to see how many new songs go on the album compared to how
many songs are simply remixed. The reworked songs we heard sounded really good.

The hardcore fans will buy anything Libera release but to make a album successful you need a lot more than us buying the album.

So how many casual fans will be willing to buy a album that is the same songs with a few lyrics altered if there is not 3/4 new songs also included?
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

:lol: We have some kind of telepathy, dani, as I have been wondering very similarly during the morning:

Will it be a full album or more an EP?

Will they take more old songs and work something new out of them and if so, which songs could that be?

Will there also be old songs simply re-recorded and not modified in the way we heard it in Ely?

Or has that been it about existing songs what we already know and they will surprise us with some more new songs?

Will they collect the songs we have never got on a CD like "Nearer My God To Thee", "The Moon Represents My Heart", "Arirang" (if they get the rights of course) - and what more songs? - to use the opportunity to ban them on CD?

So .. will they dig out some songs that had been sleeping in their drawers?
(How much I long for more solo recordings of Liam Connery!! And Jakob de Menezes-Wood and Joe Snelling would also be good! Yes, yes, the horses bolt with me again, as we say, it's so long past, but there I go again with my "Secret" wishes without actually counting on fulfillment ... :wink: )

Definitely and seriously, they are so right to utilise the fantastic pool of soloists, which they currently have at their disposal, and save these voices on a CD. I am super-glad about that! :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 pm">6 years ago</span> I am a bit worried about a future confusion with the song titles of the modified songs and so I hope that they will rename them like they did with "Sanctus" and "Sanctus II". Since the new "Sanctus" again is different, I find it justified to call it "Sanctus III" - although this looks quite crazy to my eyes :lol: - and I hope for "Voca Me II" and "Ave Maria II".
I forgot "In Paradisum". What will happen with this title? It's not possible to just call it "In Paradisum II", if the above songs are being named like that, because in this case the two of them are different songs. Now it proves disadvantageous that "Lux Aeterna" was renamed as "In Paradisum". :wink:

A special sort of Babylon. :mrgreen:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I think In Paradisum is fine as it’s a completely different song to the previous In Paradisum so that there is no confusion.

I think instead of renaming songs the album will be sold as a album that’s remixed old classics to give them a fresh appeal.

I think it would be too confusing to rename all the songs. It makes more sense that the album is marketed as such.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

The confusion will be there the moment we talk about the songs just by their title.

- Do you like "In Paradisum"?
- I don't like it, I love it!
- How about the solo?
- Very good soloist. I dream myself away when I listen to him.
- Indeed. I wish we could turn back time to see him on stage again. But all must leave one day ...
The other one goes away in tears and tells everyone that Rocco has left Libera.
:? :lol:

It's not a big deal to fix that with small means. We'll simply have to use a small distinguishing mark, like the "II" for the second "Sanctus", to make clear which one we are talking about. For "In Paradisum" it's easy, just adding the composer's name of course. But this will remain with us, like with the "Ave Marias", which have already caused confusion as long as the composer was not mentioned in a conversation.
I find it much easier to say "Voca Me" and "Voca Me II" instead of "The 'Voca Me' of the 'Free' or the 'America' album" or "The 'Beyond' 'Voca Me'", e. g., moreover since not everyone can assign every song to the right CD, but normally everyone knows the exact song titles.

Again, no big deal, I was just hoping for clarity directly from Libera's side.

Although ... Libera and the titles ... Confusion was already created when one and the same song received a completely new title. Why do they do that? It's unique. :mrgreen:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Actually I wouldn't mind hearing Lux Aeterna again. There is a version with Adam Harris I believe sung for Remembrance Day that was out of this world:
PaulWSpaceRockDodger

Post by PaulWSpaceRockDodger »

Thanks for posting this older video of "Lux Aeterna" by Libera. It's hard to believe that so many years have passed since this brilliant solo performance by Adam Harris!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The video goes very well with the song. I wonder if Libera will ever do another Remembrance Day video?
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

An Adam Harris and joshua Madine Duet as a Bonus hidden track!!! :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Joshua Wake wrote: <span title="Wed May 23, 2018 5:22 am">6 years ago</span> An Adam Harris and joshua Madine Duet as a Bonus hidden track!!! :)
Are hidden tracks on CDs still a thing? I thought those went the way of the dinosaur with digital downloads overtaking physical CD sales. Hard to hide a hidden track on a download.
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun May 20, 2018 10:56 am">6 years ago</span>
Will it be a full album or more an EP?

Will they take more old songs and work something new out of them and if so, which songs could that be?

Will there also be old songs simply re-recorded and not modified in the way we heard it in Ely?

Or has that been it about existing songs what we already know and they will surprise us with some more new songs?

Will they collect the songs we have never got on a CD like "Nearer My God To Thee", "The Moon Represents My Heart", "Arirang" (if they get the rights of course) - and what more songs? - to use the opportunity to ban them on CD?

So .. will they dig out some songs that had been sleeping in their drawers?
(How much I long for more solo recordings of Liam Connery!! And Jakob de Menezes-Wood and Joe Snelling would also be good! Yes, yes, the horses bolt with me again, as we say, it's so long past, but there I go again with my "Secret" wishes without actually counting on fulfillment ... :wink: )

Definitely and seriously, they are so right to utilise the fantastic pool of soloists, which they currently have at their disposal, and save these voices on a CD. I am super-glad about that! :D
I think it will be a full album with several new songs and some re-recordings of prior songs; maybe even some repeats of the exact same recordings from "Hope". I cannot imagine that Libera could make enough new song recordings to create a new album with as many new pieces as "Hope" had. I very much hope that they do but that seems to be beyond what they have ever done in the past so quickly after a previous album. I pray that I am wrong, but if not the album will still be great.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I wonder if we'll finally get a new version of one of the Luminosa tracks (other than tracks that already have new versions of course) that many of us have long been hoping for. I would also like to hear at least one duet with Rocco and Alex G. Also, I definitely want to hear their take on "Nearer My God to Thee." I'm guessing that we won't hear treble solos from Gabe or Taichi, unless a track was recorded a while before Libera's main recording session.
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat May 26, 2018 12:52 am">6 years ago</span>
Joshua Wake wrote: <span title="Wed May 23, 2018 5:22 am">6 years ago</span> An Adam Harris and joshua Madine Duet as a Bonus hidden track!!! :)
Supinto-"Are hidden tracks on CDs still a thing? I thought those went the way of the dinosaur with digital downloads overtaking physical CD sales. Hard to hide a hidden track on a download."

LOL, brand new Libera albums ARE being recorded on old school Vinyl Records, Analog Tape, and CDs... even today!!! Because Music Download's audio quality are total Shit.... but yeah there could totally be a hidden track on an mp3 download! Just have to triple click the icon really fast and the secret track will be triggered to play!!! Brilliant! LOL, my apologies we need a font for "Sarcasm" :D :D :D
Joshua Wake

Post by Joshua Wake »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat May 26, 2018 1:36 am">6 years ago</span> I wonder if we'll finally get a new version of one of the Luminosa tracks (other than tracks that already have new versions of course) that many of us have long been hoping for. I would also like to hear at least one duet with Rocco and Alex G. Also, I definitely want to hear their take on "Nearer My God to Thee." I'm guessing that we won't hear treble solos from Gabe or Taichi, unless a track was recorded a while before Libera's main recording session.
That would be Sooo Awesome!!! What if Libera came out with with a computer program on their website that will let you choose the song and the voice of each individual Libera to sing it for you?? Choose a solo, a duet, or a choir of your choosing??? :D :D :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

It's funny how this title has everyone wondering about the meaning. Maybe the title causes some wonder because we are used to seeing the word "beyond" combined with other words: "beyond the horizon", "beyond compare" and so on. Now we are left to fill in the gap.
I go with both the idea of changing old songs into new and the idea of "the great beyond". A lot of Libera's songs deal with the notion of heaven so it would fit perfectly. We'll see :)

I think in conversations we can simply refer to "[song title], Beyond version" ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

I understand that some of the recording might have been done in St. Philip's. Could "Beyond" mean that some tracks include adult voices? Also interesting that "Beyond" will be, in temporal terms, beyond "Hope" - but surely not hopeless!!