Libera to tour USA - Summer 2017

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Libera to tour USA

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:28 pm">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:46 pm">6 years ago</span> Maybe a Gregorian chant would help. :P
I'll have to take a Stabat stab at finding an appropriate one. :roll:
I hope your attempt will not be melonfruitless.

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:38 pm">6 years ago</span>
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:32 pm">6 years ago</span> Surpinto and filiarheni Where are you having your next gig? I want to come watch! :lol:
It's the Surpinto & Filirheni Libera Comedy Hour. We promise excitement, laughter, and pun for the whole family. Come for the giggles, stay (with me) for the Libera. The only thing greater than the laughter you will experience at the show is the cost of admission!
... for premium seats.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Jay_S
Silver Member

Post by Jay_S »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:44 pm">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:46 pm">6 years ago</span> Maybe a Gregorian chant would help. :P

Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:32 pm">6 years ago</span> Surpinto and filiarheni Where are you having your next gig? I want to come watch! :lol:

It's the Surpinto & Filirheni Libera Comedy Hour. We promise excitement, laughter, and pun for the whole family. Come for the giggles, stay (with me) for the Libera. The only thing greater than the laughter you will experience at the show is the cost of admission!
... for premium seats.
I feel a {wonderful) world tour coming!
"with a down derry, derry down down"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

We are all out of control! :D :lol: :lol:
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

*A day has come to an end without my checking on this forum until now, and things have escalated quickly :lol: :lol: :lol: *
Jay_S wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:46 pm">6 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:44 pm">6 years ago</span>

... for premium seats.
I feel a {wonderful) world tour coming!
I laughed so hard reading these puns, you guys must have quite a sense of humor to reach this far (away) :D
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:51 pm">6 years ago</span> *A day has come to an end without my checking on this forum until now, and things have escalated quickly :lol: :lol: :lol: *
That will teach you to check the forum more often. :lol:
kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:51 pm">6 years ago</span> I laughed so hard reading these puns, you guys must have quite a sense of humor to reach this far (away) :D
:lol: The jokes are unstoppable as we are all crazy. I will greatly lament when these jokes come to their inevitable end.

But so as to keep this thread on topic the final installment of the blog was fun to read. They need to come back again. This tour was a big success and I believe that they could have a great repeat again next summer (fingers crossed!).
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:10 pm">6 years ago</span> :lol: The jokes are unstoppable as we are all crazy. I will greatly lament when these jokes come to their inevitable end.

But so as to keep this thread on topic the final installment of the blog was fun to read. They need to come back again. This tour was a big success and I believe that they could have a great repeat again next summer (fingers crossed!).
I recommend to already blogck holidays time for their next summer tour!
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:10 pm">6 years ago</span> But so as to keep this thread on topic the final installment of the blog was fun to read. They need to come back again. This tour was a big success and I believe that they could have a great repeat again next summer (fingers crossed!).
For me, the last blog entry surely seems memorable and like a wish/promise to return again. They've found so much joy, courage, friendship, love (and mercy - sorry I just couldn't hold back). We know pretty well that all these things are not totally dependent on their wishes, but it feels super heart warming knowing that they did like everything about the tour and the places. :wink:

I really hope they will come to other places in the USA - the East for example. Although that has nothing to do with me because I cannot come to see them anyway, I really want more & more people to know about this group. :D

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:20 pm">6 years ago</span> I recommend to already blogck holidays time for their next summer tour!
And so it continues...
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Run out of colour??? :shock: Here is support: giggles. You are welcome.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:03 pm">6 years ago</span> Gallery now up for this tour!

https://libera.org.uk/gallery/usa-tour-2017/
Just a few things that popped into my head, back when this gallery was posted -

Evidently "projecting thoughts", or whatever Oliver's doing, has been popular since the days of Mini-Ben and another Oliver (Cole).
2 mind melds.jpg
2 mind melds.jpg (76.25 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
2 mind melds.jpg
2 mind melds.jpg (76.25 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
And Oliver looking up reminded me of the CD cover.
2 Olivers looking up.jpg
2 Olivers looking up.jpg (121.21 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
2 Olivers looking up.jpg
2 Olivers looking up.jpg (121.21 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
And Matthias reading made me think of others like Isaac and MJ. (Wonder how many pics there are of boys reading . . .)
3 reading.jpg
3 reading.jpg (130.41 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
3 reading.jpg
3 reading.jpg (130.41 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:31 am">6 years ago</span> And Matthias reading made me think of others like Isaac and MJ. (Wonder how many pics there are of boys reading . . .)

3 reading.jpg
There are a lot of photos, and video clips, where they are reading. Remember this clip? Go to 3:18. You can see them all reading. It was mentioned in a few other videos as well that they are to read a book to relax before the show so as to rest their voices.

Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I think Oliver was just pushing his hair back :lol:

Surpinto, this clip reminded me a mysterious thing I've always wondered about... does someone know why the boys have some strange strings around their heads ? Some appear to wear it even during the concerts... (it's quite obvious whith Bertie for example on the DVD). Is it holding mics or something ?
Last edited by Padmachou on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 pm">6 years ago</span> Surpinto, this clip reminded me a mysterious thing I've always wondered about... does someone know why the boys have some strange strings around their heads ? Some appear to wear it even during the concerts... (it's quite obvious whith Bertie for example on the DVD). Is it holding mics or something ?
Yes, microphones. They mostly tried to hide them in their hair, but with some boy's hair they were more difficult to hide than in others. Of course you have the inevitable shifting of the straps and the microphones as the boys move around which causes them to become exposed.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Evidently "projecting thoughts", or whatever Oliver's doing, has been popular since the days of Mini-Ben and another Oliver (Cole).
Let's hope not projecting thoughts. Maybe trying to concentrate on remembering lines or having a headache?
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:31 am">6 years ago</span> Evidently "projecting thoughts", or whatever Oliver's doing, has been popular since the days of Mini-Ben and another Oliver (Cole).
I would call it 'relaxing in a Chinese royal way'. :lol:

hiskeys wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:31 am">6 years ago</span> And Oliver looking up reminded me of the CD cover.
This looks JUST THE SAME oh dear. 8)

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:09 pm">6 years ago</span> There are a lot of photos, and video clips, where they are reading.
The boys seem to enjoy reading, which is obviously a good thing - one will benefit a lot from reading (not just relaxation). Music & reading - I can't think of anything better (besides family & friends, of course) that can have positive effects on a child's development. :roll:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kinda_k00l wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:08 am">6 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:09 pm">6 years ago</span> There are a lot of photos, and video clips, where they are reading.
The boys seem to enjoy reading, which is obviously a good thing - one will benefit a lot from reading (not just relaxation). Music & reading - I can't think of anything better (besides family & friends, of course) that can have positive effects on a child's development. :roll:
I think it is actually encouraged (required?) by RP prior to a performance for them to have a 'quiet period' to relax and prepare - I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned a few times over the years and reading was one of teh things mentioned (not sure if the other wan't listening to music via headphones, I might be making that up).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love