New album is called Hope

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

kay
Silver Member

Re: New album is called Hope

Post by kay »

the album is now available on the Official Libera Site for pre order. Ordered ours.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 am">7 years ago</span> Advantage : this version brings two videos, on songs 'Salve Regina' and 'Smile'.
Disadvantage : this version has only 14 songs, it misses the 15th 'Wayfaring Stranger'
... so from what I see here, buying the DVD is kind of a bad deal, knowing that the videos will be available very soon for everyone to see and we lose a song. I consider myself a nerd but that's something I'd rather not spend money on (unless they bring it on the EU market of course).
Karo

Post by Karo »

I just found this on Youtube:
It actually seems to be the new version of Benedictus Deus, solo by TDL :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It's a stunning performance by Tom DL and that's from me who adored Stefan and the first version he did.
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

I am addicted to this song. I can't remember the last time I've been listening to a song over and over again, complete masterpiece!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

A radio interview was conducted with Robert Prizeman about Libera. In it he talks about Libera, their upcoming plans, and forthcoming album. The feature of the interview (aside from a surprise announcement about a summer tour to the US :shock: :shock: :shock:), was the playing of the new song "Smile". I have listened to it several times and it is certainly growing on me. Nicely done. :D

Enjoy:

http://www.ucb.co.uk/catchup/16609494/s ... client=ucb (1:16:50)
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

Thank you for this hint. But if I click on the link, I have many choices. Where exactly can I hear the Interview?
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Yes, the US visit this summer is quite the pleasant surprise. I also heard China (for the first time) later in the year.

Guess we'll need to start a couple new threads.

Libera seems to be busier than we give them credit for much of the time! Of course, once you take into consideration the extensive planning and preparation for tours, CDs, videos, etc., it's probably non-stop. Imagine what it's like to take your own two or three children on a 5-day vacation - now multiply that by half-way round the world with 30 boys (that belong to someone else!) and staff, and you can see why they manage to pull off minor miracles year after year.
hiskeys
Silver Member

Post by hiskeys »

Ludwig,

It's the large black window that pops up at the top (at least today - tomorrow it will be the first one down beneath), and click play.
Robolib7

Post by Robolib7 »

A beautiful rendition of "Smile". It can't help but make you smile!
I hope (some of) you enjoy it live tonight and I look forward to reading the concert reviews.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Coming back to Benedictus Deus once more:

Just like in Smile, there is one part where a boy's voice is added one octave deeper to Thomas's solo part. It is the repetition of the part while the choir is singing that very rhythmical "Gloria in excelsis deo" and Thomas and the other boy sing "Benedictus Jesus Christus" (1:41).

Does anyone of you have an idea whose voice it is? I don't know when it was recorded and who was in the choir at that time. The deeper voice really increases the effect.

I can't stop listening to this song, it captivates me!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It's nice to see Robert Prizeman do at least one vocal arrangement of instrumental music with the Salve Regina. The sample clip would indicate that it's based off of Schubert's Impromptu No. 3, Opus 90 for piano. Here's a Youtube video with Evgeny Kissin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybq6Ea79nZ4
I am curious to see how much material from Schubert's Impromptu is used in Robert's arrangement.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri May 05, 2017 12:53 am">7 years ago</span> It's nice to see Robert Prizeman do at least one vocal arrangement of instrumental music with the Salve Regina. The sample clip would indicate that it's based off of Schubert's Impromptu No. 3, Opus 90 for piano. Here's a Youtube video with Evgeny Kissin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybq6Ea79nZ4
I am curious to see how much material from Schubert's Impromptu is used in Robert's arrangement.
Interesting! I am curious too. "Ave Virgo" was based off of an instrumental piece by Mozart and "Sacris Solemnis" was based on a work by Beethoven. I personally like both songs and there are others were RP has done similar things.

Thank you for the link. :)
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Other classical Libera interpretations from Robert Prizeman:

"Lachrymosa," based on the " Aquarium" section of St. Saens' "Carnival of the Animals"
"Luminosa," based on Claude Debussy's "Claire de Lune"
"Air," based on J.S. Bach's "Air on the G String"
"Gloria," Based on the "Maestoso" second movement of Camille St. Saens' Symphony #3 in C Minor for symphony orchestra and pipe organ
"The Fountain," based on Prizeman's setting of Frédéric Chopin's Prelude op.28 no.20 in C minor
"Sanctus," based on Johann Pachelbel's "Canon in D"

I think there are probably others I'm not recalling.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I was comparing the expanded and original forms of the "Benedictus Deus" (only the parts they share in common), and noticed an interesting difference in how the choir sings. In the new version, the choir sounds more forceful and dramatic compared to the original version, which is a little more restrained and perhaps "sweeter" in tone. I'm not sure whether this is due only to the singing or if the audio engineering played a role. Frankly, I enjoy both versions a lot, so I'm not going to pick a favorite.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Sat May 06, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.