Bug Reports

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: Bug Reports & Feedback

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

The new header is nice. Is it permanent?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I got used to the snow.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:The new header is nice. Is it permanent?
Unless I get any other ideas or suggestions, then I think so.
TullyBascombe wrote:I got used to the snow.
That's it for now, but it will return next December
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Well I'll have you know that the moment that snow disappeared the temperature here plummeted 20 degrees so I'd deeply appreciate it if you would take it back.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote:Well I'll have you know that the moment that snow disappeared the temperature here plummeted 20 degrees so I'd deeply appreciate it if you would take it back.
:lol:
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

TullyBascombe wrote:Well I'll have you know that the moment that snow disappeared the temperature here plummeted 20 degrees so I'd deeply appreciate it if you would take it back.
:lol: It didsuddenly get a lot colder, now you mention it!
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: Bug Reports

Testing: Image
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Continuing from http://forum.libera-dreams.com/viewtopi ... =45#p47206
paul wrote:
Surpinto wrote:
alcesalcesobservator wrote:Libera has posted five new pictures on their Facebook page. I'd post them here, but I couldn't figure out how to make them smaller. :roll: But it looks like the boys had the great time they always have in the Philippines. :)
Forget re-sizing because the current software of this forum does not support it. Here are the originals :P
The forum should re-size the images to fit, can you post an example in Feedback so I can look into this.

Thanks

Paul :)
What I meant was that you can't re-size the imagine through the image tag as in the following

Code: Select all

[img=widthxheight]{img url}[/img]
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

paul wrote:
Surpinto wrote: What I meant was that you can't re-size the imagine through the image tag as in the following

Code: Select all

[img=widthxheight]{img url}[/img]
There is no need to try and re-size the image within the image tag. The forum should do it to suit any browser size or screen resolution. I've tested on a couple of web browsers, even a smartphone.

The following image is large at 1920x1080 and it is being re-sized to fit. As you can see from the tag, I have not specified a size, as its no longer needed.

Please let me know if it does not appear to you correctly.

Paul :)
Everything works and has worked just fine. Sometimes for formatting and appearances sake it is more convenient to link a smaller sized image, but the forum re-sizing it to fit screens of various size by default makes sense too. I assume that alcesalcesobservator wanted to make the images smaller with that in mind much as I used to do with the old thumbnail tag.

Thanks for addressing this :)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Surpinto wrote:
Everything works and has worked just fine. Sometimes for formatting and appearances sake it is more convenient to link a smaller sized image, but the forum re-sizing it to fit screens of various size by default makes sense too. I assume that alcesalcesobservator wanted to make the images smaller with that in mind much as I used to do with the old thumbnail tag.

Thanks for addressing this :)
For those times when you may wish to specify a smaller image, There will be a modification coming very soon. It is currently in development, so at the moment a little unstable.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

This is actually not a bug, but it concerns the countdown clock for the Ely Cathedral concert.

It looks like the clock shows one hour too much. Or am I counting it wrong?

Now it is 6:09 PM CEST, the clock shows the concert in 8 days, 3 hours and 21 minutes. The concert is at 7.30 PM GMT+1 (UK daylight saving time = CEST - 1 hour). The clock should show 8 days, 2 hours and 21 minutes.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Paul just takes care that we arrive at the concert in time! :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I checked what you reported Andmar and I agree with you.
I also think that the forum is 1 hour ahead, and it doesn't seem to be limited to the concert countdown.

In my profile, in the "Board Preferences", I first verified that my Timezone was correctly set.
Already something looks strange there.
I had to set my timezone to GMT+2 in order to have the forum to fit the real time in France, however France is supposed to be GMT+1.

I guess the issue is that the Summer Time shift on March 26 didn't applied automatically to the forum :wink:
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:37 pm">7 years ago</span> Paul just takes care that we arrive at the concert in time! :lol:
It would be a pity, if someone arrived one hour too late. :wink:
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 pm">7 years ago</span> I checked what you reported Andmar and I agree with you.
What a relief :wink:
I just got confused and I thought, I couldn't count anymore.

And I don't like the countdown clock! It says I have to wait one hour longer for the concert. I definitely don't like this. :lol: