Philippines Tour 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Philippines Tour 2016

Post by Surpinto »

Hope whoever goes to this enjoys their concert in Vanilla Manila :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLibera ... 712432992/
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lots of media posted so far from their trip. Here are some photos and videos from the Libera Philippines Facebook page :D . Is it my imagination or are there new members on this tour?

Click the videos to view

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Any news on the set list, yet?
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:Any news on the set list, yet?
I think we all eagerly await news of the set list, but I fear it will still be another 10 hours and 42 minutes at time of posting this :(
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, as nobody else has yet posted the set list I'll crib from Patrick's Twitter account:

1. Joyful Joyful
2. Sanctus
3. The Prayer
4. Salva Me
5. Stay With Me
6. Wexford Carol
7. Amazing Grace
8. How Great Thou Art
9. Angel
10. Exultate
11. Orinocco Flow
12. Angels We Have Heard On High
13. Song Of Life
4. Wayfaring Stranger
15. Wonderful World
16. Sacris Solemnis
17. Nearer My God To Thee replaced by Filipino love song - Usahay
18. Libera
19. Bayan Ko

Boys on tour

Marc Alveres
Shay Baleskar
Leo Barron
Ciaran Bradbury-Hickley
Merlin Brouwer
Benedict Bywater
Gabriel Collins
Henry Cullinan-Hollihead
Tadhg Fitzgerald
Alexander Gula (liste din programme but did not appear in Manila)
Adam Izghouti
Peter Kielty
Timothy Lee
Issac London
Gregor Lumsden
Alessandro Mackinnon-Botti
Matthew Madine
James Menezes
Michael Menezes
Alexander Montoro
Oliver Mycka
Arthur Palmer
Taichi Shinokubo
Camden Stewart
Rocco Tessei
Samuel Wiggin
Finn Wood
Lucas Wood

In addition Kavana & Eoghan were there as stage managers
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
muffin818

Post by muffin818 »

There are quite a few new boys on this tour! Just when I think I've learnt all their names! It's great to see some of the others returning too, especially Matthew Madine, James and Michael and Shay but sadly still no Tom D-L :( I see there's no Matthew Jansen or Cassius either. They've been members for so long now it seems strange without them. But I guess they must be coming up to GCSE age. Maybe they're too busy with school work?
It's nice to have Eoghan and Kavana as stage managers. I always love it when the older boys come back and help out behind the scenes.
"And I saw a new heaven
For the first heaven
And the first earth
Are passed away.

Illumina perpetua.

And there shall be no more death
Neither sorrow
Nor crying
For these are passed away."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

muffin818 wrote:There are quite a few new boys on this tour! Just when I think I've learnt all their names! It's great to see some of the others returning too, especially Matthew Madine, James and Michael and Shay but sadly still no Tom D-L :( I see there's no Matthew Jansen or Cassius either. They've been members for so long now it seems strange without them. But I guess they must be coming up to GCSE age. Maybe they're too busy with school work?
It's nice to have Eoghan and Kavana as stage managers. I always love it when the older boys come back and help out behind the scenes.
I know, it's ever changing but that's the way it goes. I think Matthew and Cassius would be in the same year at school, but I'm not sure that they take their GCSE's this year; I'm thinking it would be next year??? Thomas is younger and would not be due to take his exams this year. Make of that what you will.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Compared with 2013, it was a very different Libera that performed at the PICC here in the Philippines on Tuesday evening and again tonight before a full house at the SM Seaside City Mall. Of the 28 on stage only 11 were also part of the 2013 tour group. Seventeen were new to the Philippines and six “newbies” were new to all of us. However, the quality of performance remains of the same superlative standard. It is difficult to believe that Sam is now the oldest boy on tour. It seems like only yesterday that he was himself a “newbie” who we had no idea would prove to become such a star performer. The youngest of the group was eight year old Mathias – though Tadhg was quick to point out that he too was eight.

The concert list has been reported elsewhere so will not be repeated here. Of note was the omission of “Nearer My God” at both shows and the addition of a new song, the ancient Filipino love song ”Usahay” (translation, courtesy of Yuki, is here and of course the expected encore of Bayan Ko – performed exquisitely and received, as usual, with rapturous cheering, applause and standing ovations.

Highlights for me were:

Isaac’s perfect rendition of “The Prayer, one of his best performances ever in my opinion. Applause (Bayan Ko style) in recognition and appreciation during the performance did not put him off his stride.

Alex Montaro’s effortless Salves.

Taichi’s goodbye speech in Tagalog, very popular at both venues; also some great descants and Ah-Aahs in "Stay with Me".

Sacris Solemnis with high notes from Alex M.

A fine solo performance of “Exultate” by Lucas.

I have not sufficient words to praise Alessandro’s voice as it is now. Such richness of tone and vocal power must surely represent his peak. It could not possibly be bettered.

Watching the broad smiles of Oliver and Leo expressing the sheer enjoyment of performing was priceless (or were they perhaps sharing a private joke?).

Ciaran’s comic timing – not forgetting his “amazing” and impeccable solos.

Finally, Merlin and Camden leading the performance of “Ulahay” sung in the local Cebu dialect which they had only learned a few days before . Needless to say it was received with great enthusiasm and a standing ovation.

Thanks and congratulations to all and especially to the newbies who maintained Libera’s tradition of excellence on and off the stage both as performers and as ambassadors for Great Britain. The signing session at the PICC went on until almost midnight but they had a cheerful smile and a friendly word for all - despite the late hour and inevitable jet-lag. Similarly after a two hour flight delay and horrendous traffic jams they arrived almost 3 hours late (with empty stomachs) for the Cebu M&G. They could have easily cancelled but not to disappoint the loyal waiting fans they cheerfully introduced themselves and happily posed for photographs. Well done all – and also many, many thanks to Roberto de OCampo, OBE, without whom the tour would not have been possible.
Jordy188

Post by Jordy188 »

Does anyone know when Libera are next in Britain? Because I really want to see them live and hopefully meet some of them? :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Jordy188 wrote:Does anyone know when Libera are next in Britain? Because I really want to see them live and hopefully meet some of them? :D
No UK concerts have been announced yet. They don't do meet & greets here in the UK, so you won't get the chance to meet them.

Please keep on topic,

Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
Jordy188

Post by Jordy188 »

Oh.... But they do meet and greets in other countries? :(
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you John for the review, it is always a pleasure to read your highlights. It sounds as if it was an excellent tour for them and for those, like yourself, who managed to attend.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Thank you John for your reviews of the Philippines. Always look forward to your concert posts.

- Plato
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Here's a recording of 'Usahay'--it's a very beautiful song:
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for your report John. I would have much rather been there experiencing it in person but this is the next best thing.

How did the crowd's reaction to Isaac's performance (and his to it) compare to the response he got in Atlanta last year?
I'm really pleased to hear the group is in fiine form right now, I can't wait to see them again next month.

Also, do you know why they performed some Christmas songs in this concert?