Collaboration with Mao Asada

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Collaboration with Mao Asada

Post by dani »

Isaac at the end and I am 100% sure it's him :)
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

After Isaac, you can hear Taichi sing the final three words (from 5.00 to 5. 05 on Jimmy's video). Credit goes to FDL for spotting this. A very soft sweet voice. I hope we hear more of it soon.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Thanks for posting. The Libera boys done incredibly well, as always. The ice skating was great too.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Yorkie wrote:Thanks Patrick and Jimmy for posting those links so we can get a flavour of the performance. I would agree that it sounded like one of the older boys to me at the end Jimmy and I would go with Isaac.
That's my opinion. There was one quiet phrase of music after Isaac sang, which may have been sung by Taichi, but it's hard to even to tell if it was one boy or several, in the low quality recording.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yes, I see now what is meant by Taichi at the end - I was focused on the part where the song swapped to Japanese which I think is Isaac, but that very faint part right at the end could well be Taichi given how soft it is.
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes FDL and John were correct, I initially watched on my mobile but now watching on the PC and with thanks to TygrHawk for tweeting the link and of course the original uploader hana02014 who has provided a great quality video at (grab it while you can!) http://keepvid.com/extensions

...I can now hear better Tiachi's solo at the end. Very touching performance by Mao Asada and Libera. My very minor grumble is although I know they needed to concentrate on what was happening on the Ice, just a couple of seconds of filming the boys singing would have been nice. It also brought to me just how much I'm going to miss Isaac's voice when he develops his new range, but I've no doubt his post-treble voice will be equally great.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:My very minor grumble is although I know they needed to concentrate on what was happening on the Ice, just a couple of seconds of filming the boys singing would have been nice
There's the one hour 'behind the scene' show that will be broadcast next Sunday (January 17).
Perhaps they will be a bit more exposed ? Nothing sure though...
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:There's the one hour 'behind the scene' show that will be broadcast next Sunday (January 17).
Fingers crossed they might be featured...
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes FDL and John were correct, I initially watched on my mobile but now watching on the PC and with thanks to TygrHawk for tweeting the link and of course the original uploader hana02014 who has provided a great quality video at (grab it while you can!) http://keepvid.com/extensions

...I can now hear better Tiachi's solo at the end. Very touching performance by Mao Asada and Libera. My very minor grumble is although I know they needed to concentrate on what was happening on the Ice, just a couple of seconds of filming the boys singing would have been nice. It also brought to me just how much I'm going to miss Isaac's voice when he develops his new range, but I've no doubt his post-treble voice will be equally great.

The performances Mao Asada & Libera was just a perfect match. Stunning would be an understatement. The boys of Libera in their best voice, and the mesmerizing performance of Mao Asada. Well done to all. :D

Thanks Jimmy for the link and also to the original uploader.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Excellent performance by Libera and by Mao Asada.
I wonder what it took to be selected as one of the children skating with Mao Asada?
Why is it that "I Vow To Thee My Country" is being labelled "Jupiter" in Japan?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: Why is it that "I Vow To Thee My Country" is being labelled "Jupiter" in Japan?
The music is an adaptation of Gustav Holst's The Planets - namely the Jupiter movement :D I assume that the Japanese people love classical music and therefore would be familiar with the tune, but their knowledge of British patriotic hymns may not be quite as good :lol:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I am not questioning anybody here, but how are we sure it is Tiachi at the end? Is this coming from someone who was at the skating rink or someone familiar with his voice to be able to recognize it immediately? With Isaac his voice is very unique and recognizable as he has sung many solos, etc but the quality of that sound recording does not lend itself to identifying so quickly and unequivocally that Tiachi does the part at the end. Does it?
JimmyRiddle wrote:It also brought to me just how much I'm going to miss Isaac's voice when he develops his new range, but I've no doubt his post-treble voice will be equally great.
Full agreement with you on that point. Isaac has been their prime soloist for a while now; with good reason. He was already doing major solos like Wexford Carol when he was only 10 or something, he will be difficult to replace.
paul wrote:The performances Mao Asada & Libera was just a perfect match. Stunning would be an understatement. The boys of Libera in their best voice, and the mesmerizing performance of Mao Asada. Well done to all. :D

Thanks Jimmy for the link and also to the original uploader.
Here here!
fan_de_LoK wrote:There's the one hour 'behind the scene' show that will be broadcast next Sunday (January 17).
I hope that someone captures it so we can all see and enjoy it. Hopefully they will be featured prominently. :D
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yuki was there.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

john45 wrote:Yuki was there.
Oh I had not realized that this particular piece of information came from her. Thank you John for clearing this up for me. :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

More photos from Libera Records taken after the events.