3. Canada 1,756
4. Philippines 1,187
5. France 1,186
6. Netherlands 1,150
7. Switzerland 743
8. Germany 728
9. Japan 680
10. Belgium 474
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: How are we doing.

Post by maartendas »

Heh heh, I guess I qualify for a lot of those Netherlands visits :P :oops:
But look - We're way above Japan - Libera, you guys have no excuse anymore not to come back to us :D :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm surprised there aren't more viewers from Japan, though i suppose they have their own websites. Wouldn't it be great if someone were to design a truly accurate translation program, Goggle translate has enough trouble translating between german and English or French and English - it generally turn the message into gibberish.
livysmithy

Post by livysmithy »

paul30003 wrote:We have had quite a few new members in recent month, I'm sure this is partially because we are now an open forum. I thought it may be interesting to some of our members to show the Website stats for the past few months.

http://www.libera-dreams.com/stats.html

I think the link is dead.

Check out my Facebook & Twitter!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Just a little update on how Libera Dreams is doing.

It seems that the recent forum update has boosted visits, the search engines are certainly indexing the site much more now. This has led to around 30% new visitors coming mainly from Google.

This has definitely got to be good for Libera as it gives them a little more exposure. Maybe not a lot, but any new exposure is always good for them.

Not forgetting the regulars as well, you all make this community. The last few months, especially this month of December has really made my sleepless nights worthwhile. Although there has been a concert, and increases of visits generally follow the trend, there was without a doubt an increase in the couple of months before.

I believe that in time, we can grow this forum exponentially by posting anything of interest in the choral / classical genre. Ultimately, this will be read by Google and others, and may bring new fans to Libera. They may search for Beethoven, and end up landing here.

My TODO list is growing slightly faster than I am working through it, but I will get there. It has once again become a labor of love, I do enjoy sitting down for a couple of hour a week with a bit of Libera on doing a little house keeping

Thanks

Paul :D

The Google stats for the last quarter.

(The screen capture may be a little hard to read, but if your click with your right mouse button, you can choose to open in a new tab / window at full size.)
GA1.jpg
GA1.jpg (261 KiB) Viewed 8406 times
GA1.jpg
GA1.jpg (261 KiB) Viewed 8406 times
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

This is fantastic, Paul. Having this forum available is wonderful and the work you put in is appreciated greatly. Let's hope that this place attracts lots of new visitors and participants. Having a vibrant fan community can only be an asset. :)
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Surpinto wrote:This is fantastic, Paul. Having this forum available is wonderful and the work you put in is appreciated greatly. Let's hope that this place attracts lots of new visitors and participants. Having a vibrant fan community can only be an asset. :)
Hear hear!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The other day I clicked on the "Members" tab and looked through all 36 pages. It appears that 80% or more of our members never post at all. It would be nice if we could figure out how to entice more to stay and post.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Good news that the forum has experienced an upward trend in recent months. Thanks for the hard work you have put into it Paul. To keep it going. The drop-off was always going to happen after the renaissance years of 2007-2010, internet traffic for Libera across all platforms, in all forums and social media was peaked during this period. Although the temps have gone, it's nice to know the core support has remained, to rebuild and set the foundation for a new phase of popularity for the white robed wanderers.

Next year will mark the 10th anniversary of my Libera discovery. It was just after they made their first tour of Japan, and posted the very first interview videos on the old Japan EMI website. Libera official at that time had the old visions website which had text updates on average every 3 months or more. Momentum gathered pace quickly after that. I guess most of us will be entering or coming up their own 10 year anniversaries soon, as it was around this time that Libera became more visible.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks for extending the number of private messages Paul - very useful for me!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Thanks for extending the number of private messages Paul - very useful for me!
I completely forgot I done that, thanks for reminding me. We have ample storage on this server and currently using less than 1% of whats available. I also increased the size of attachments as well. I may actually look into allowing attachments in private messages as well.

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

paul wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Thanks for extending the number of private messages Paul - very useful for me!
I completely forgot I done that, thanks for reminding me. We have ample storage on this server and currently using less than 1% of whats available. I also increased the size of attachments as well. I may actually look into allowing attachments in private messages as well.
:oops: I have already done that.

I've actually increased the limit further to 1500, I can't see that limit ever being reached, but I can increase it again later if needed.

- Plato