Japanese CD + DVD (Angel)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Japanese CD + DVD

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for the lyrics and translations, nice to have them for those who haven't got the CD/DVD.

Well the USJ shows have started in Osaka and the 'angel' song appears at 12:00 in this presentation...

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Its okay but I think when Libera provide their authentic touch in the one-off special later in Dec; the organisers may be wishing they could have taken up a 6 week residency there.

The real McCoy with their 3 amazing songs back-to-back (SoL, Far Away & now 'Angels') appears in the 'Joy of Lights' presentation.... commences at 2:00;

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

listening to those songs back to back, in a land far, far, away makes you appreciate the global reach 'Libera' now has.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Incredible! Thank you for the finds, Jimmy. :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Great find as always Jimmy.

Thank you.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:

Voces angelorum gloria, dona els pacem
(Voices of angels in glory, give us peace)

It's actually: "give them peace" ("give us peace" would have been: "dona nobis pacem").
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Correct and it should read "eis" not "els".
Personal preference for translation would be "Glorious voices of angels, grant peace"
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Thanks for posting those videos, Jimmy! I'm excited to watch them tomorrow. :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is the background scene all projection? It appears remarkably sharp and bright.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

TullyBascombe wrote:Is the background scene all projection? It appears remarkably sharp and bright.
Yes, projection mapping I think they call it. The Japanese are very good at it, as other tech-savvy countries such as South Korea are too.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Okay, in the first video, who are the two kids singing, and why aren't they Japanese?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

Voces angelorum gloria, dona els pacem
(Voices of angels in glory, give us peace)

It's actually: "give them peace" ("give us peace" would have been: "dona nobis pacem").
john45 wrote:Correct and it should read "eis" not "els".
Personal preference for translation would be "Glorious voices of angels, grant peace"
I'll hold my hands up to the typo, but dodgy translations not my fault!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:Okay, in the first video, who are the two kids singing, and why aren't they Japanese?
The man and woman aren't Japanese either. Maybe Universal Studios wanted to present an "authentic" display of "authentic" westerners celebrating an "authentic" Christmas so they hired some actors. I'm sure that Universal Studios has a few lying around somewhere. For that matter Osaka Is a cosmopolitan city, I expect it probably has several thousand residents from various English speaking nations. If they couldn't find suitable actors from Osaka's English speaking residents Tokyo has over 20,000.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

TullyBascombe wrote:
alcesalcesobservator wrote:Okay, in the first video, who are the two kids singing, and why aren't they Japanese?
The man and woman aren't Japanese either. Maybe Universal Studios wanted to present an "authentic" display of "authentic" westerners celebrating an "authentic" Christmas so they hired some actors. I'm sure that Universal Studios has a few lying around somewhere. For that matter Osaka Is a cosmopolitan city, I expect it probably has several thousand residents from various English speaking nations. If they couldn't find suitable actors from Osaka's English speaking residents Tokyo has over 20,000.
That makes sense. Looks odd, though.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

As you may know I will go to Japan next week.
I'll bring back what I can as goodies, like programs, depending from what will be available.
There's already something we know, it's the USJ Limited Edition of the 'Angel' CD.

The CD is sold only at a shop in the USJ Park, but I was able to order some Cds from a Japanese guy on an auction site.
I received them yesterday so I can see now what is this Limited edition exactly.

It's a normal 'Angel' CD, bagges with a small folded booklet of 8 pages showing a total of 37 photos small but nice Libera photos taken during their concert there this August.
There's 2 pages of photos from the stage, 2 pages of fun in the Park, a double photo on 2 pages, and the covers.

This USJ CD limited edition is proposed at 2160 yens, which is roughly £11,50 according Google.

If you wish that I bring you one of these CD from Osaka, please contact me by PM :)
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Very cool FDL! Thank you so much for sharing these photos. :D :D :D