Platinum Member

Re: Japanese CD + DVD

Post by TullyBascombe »

It could be a heroic love song, sort of a lyrical "Evangeline."
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I'm re-watching The Lord of the Rings and all this talk of quests and wilderness made me picture Frodo and Sam in Libera robes :)

I still think that 'Santa' is probably Sanctus, especially with FDL's in-depth reasoning :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The cover is unveiled on the Facebook page of Libera in Japan "Libera Records" :)

Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote:The only concern I have is with regard to region encoding. Japan is DVD Region 2 along with the UK and continental Europe. While we in North America are Region 1.
Sadly it's confirmed that the DVD will be set as Region 2.

This selling Japanese website says :
Comes with a bonus DVD with a music video for the title song and "LIBERA in Universal Studio Japan."
*The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote:The cover is unveiled on the Facebook page of Libera in Japon "Libera Records" :)
Interesting how they use the snowflakes (no doubt because it's a Christmas album) intermixed with light emanating from above (as they have done before) to create that ethereal image. :)
fan_de_LoK wrote:
Surpinto wrote:The only concern I have is with regard to region encoding. Japan is DVD Region 2 along with the UK and continental Europe. While we in North America are Region 1.
Sadly it's confirmed that the DVD will be set as Region 2.

This selling Japanese website says :
Comes with a bonus DVD with a music video for the title song and "LIBERA in Universal Studio Japan."
*The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.
Thanks for the information :(

It's a shame that no subtitles are included and that they chose to regionally encode it. Free ripping software should be able to bypass that, but it's still a major inconvenience.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Intriguing cover, it's recognisable as Libera but at the same time quite different. It's only the second time they pictured just one boy on the cover. The first time was Cassius for the Song of Life collection. His pose makes you think: maybe he is hearing the music of the angels. I'm now trying to guess his name - is it Oliver Mycka?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The case of the song "Santa" is solved, it's a new song !! :D

Its full title is "Santa will find you"

This comes from Libera Records, the Japanese communication branch of Libera.
I asked them yesterday about that song, on their FB page.
They replied this morning : "Santa's original title is "Santa will find you". It's a new song!"

A mini-album that has two new songs, that's great !! 8)
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Might it be a Libera version of this?

henrylonghorn

Post by henrylonghorn »

fan_de_LoK wrote:The case of the song "Santa" is solved, it's a new song !! :D

john45 wrote:Might it be a Libera version of this?

Thanks for the clarification! I'm guessing it could be a remake of the original song. But we all know how wonderfully talented Mr. Prizeman is at "liberizing" music. :wink:
maartendas wrote:Intriguing cover, it's recognisable as Libera but at the same time quite different. It's only the second time they pictured just one boy on the cover. The first time was Cassius for the Song of Life collection. His pose makes you think: maybe he is hearing the music of the angels. I'm now trying to guess his name - is it Oliver Mycka?
Same thoughts here. It reminds me of the Song of Life cover, but I'm still a little surprised at the choice of Oliver. If I remember correctly, by the time of the SoL album release (Nov 2012), Cassius had toured for 3 years and had an album solo (While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks). By contrast, Oliver has had much less public exposure until now. It leads me to wonder if Oliver will take on more visible roles in the near future.
Hark, we hear a distant music and it comes with fuller swell
’tis the glorious song of heaven and our fears it will dispel.

Concerts attended: 8 | Last concert: NYC (2023)

https://twitter.com/HenryLiberaBlog
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOluil ... dUezvPVhDA
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

henrylonghorn wrote: Same thoughts here. It reminds me of the Song of Life cover, but I'm still a little surprised at the choice of Oliver. If I remember correctly, by the time of the SoL album release (Nov 2012), Cassius had toured for 3 years and had an album solo (While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks). By contrast, Oliver has had much less public exposure until now. It leads me to wonder if Oliver will take on more visible roles in the near future.
I suspect "the cute factor" is/was a major consideration.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Possibly it's more a choice from the USJ marketing service that from RP ;)
muffin818

Post by muffin818 »

What a beautiful cover. I'm starting to feel Christmassy already (I have actually been listening to their 2011 Christmas album recently! :wink: )
henrylonghorn wrote:Same thoughts here. It reminds me of the Song of Life cover, but I'm still a little surprised at the choice of Oliver. If I remember correctly, by the time of the SoL album release (Nov 2012), Cassius had toured for 3 years and had an album solo (While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks). By contrast, Oliver has had much less public exposure until now. It leads me to wonder if Oliver will take on more visible roles in the near future.
Perhaps if Oliver is at St George's in December we might get to hear him sing then.
"And I saw a new heaven
For the first heaven
And the first earth
Are passed away.

Illumina perpetua.

And there shall be no more death
Neither sorrow
Nor crying
For these are passed away."
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

fan_de_LoK wrote:The case of the song "Santa" is solved, it's a new song !! :D

This comes from Libera Records, the Japanese communication branch of Libera.
I asked them yesterday about that song, on their FB page.
They replied this morning : "Santa's original title is "Santa will find you". It's a new song!"

A mini-album that has two new songs, that's great !! 8)
"Santa Wll Find You"? Sounds creepy.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Excited for new music even if it's Christmas related .
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

"Santa will find you" is probably an excellent choice for the Japanese market, where Christmas is very popular, but definitely not from the religious aspect.

When I look at Oliver's pose for the cover of the album it reminds me of videos of Michael Horncastle singing "Far Away". The semblance might have been a major factor for choosing that boy and that pose.