St George's 2015

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

St George's 2015

Post by Surpinto »

The events page has added a new UK concert at St George's Cathedral for December 11. Tickets will go on sale the 3rd of October.

Very exciting! I think they have an extremely full schedule near and around Christmas time this year between this concert and the Japan tour! :D
Choirfan
Silver Member

Re: St George's 2015

Post by Choirfan »

Yippee :D A Christmas concert in St George. The one they had back on 2011 was wonderful.

Can't wait to see them again. I wonder if they'll have the new numbered seating policy with this one, or will it revert back to the long time queuing system (they can be enjoyable too for the chatter, but not if it's freezing or raining outside)!
"You are not alone"
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Choirfan wrote:Yippee :D A Christmas concert in St George. The one they had back on 2011 was wonderful.

Can't wait to see them again. I wonder if they'll have the new numbered seating policy with this one, or will it revert back to the long time queuing system (they can be enjoyable too for the chatter, but not if it's freezing or raining outside)!
I hope they use the numbered seating. I've heard stories of pushing, shoving, and worst of all, stealing seats at intermission, when using a "first come first serve" system.
muffin818

Post by muffin818 »

Yay!!! :D I finally get to go to a Libera Christmas concert! I'm so glad its on a Friday because I have the day off from work. Can't wait to see the boys again after the amazing time in Guildford.
"And I saw a new heaven
For the first heaven
And the first earth
Are passed away.

Illumina perpetua.

And there shall be no more death
Neither sorrow
Nor crying
For these are passed away."
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

I see that the date for start of ticket sales is now put back a week until 10th October.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I am not going to this concert but I was online at the sale time and watched the seats fill up. Premium seats all disappeared in quite literally 5 minutes :shock:
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

...and 5 minutes later all the premium tickets gone :D almost failed to get one :D
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

There are people with very quick fingers - I was on the ticket site the second it went live, and twice my choice of seats in rows 1 and 2 had gone before I could confirm them :( . Happy to have row 3, and so much better having allocated seating - roll on December :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

It was quite a fight - I had two front row seats in my basket but when I clicked next they evaporated and I had to go back to the start :( The premiums were gone in 4 minutes by my clock and they sold 200 tickets in under 15 minutes - almost Japan like with the fervour!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I have a spare premium seat ticket if anybody missed out , it's 5 or 6 rows back far left side . I am being sent the tickets so can post the ticket out if anybody is interested .
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

the seats are numbered and reserved, it's a huge improvement in comfort compared to previous years. :)

I think everyone will agree that it's better to have a 4 minutes mouse battle at sales opening rather than hours of queuing in the cold and rain to finish in atrocious jostling as we lived them by past :wink:

Thank you very much to Libera to have been able to organize this seats numbering despite the fact that St George is composed of pews and not individual chairs.

Thank you also for being able to preserve 50% of the golden seats for the public.
The seats blocked for the sale were was limited to the left side, leaving the right side fully available for the public, it's very appreciated :)
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Well first post and yes it was hectic for a few minutes but got a premium seat row E, Glad I did not book flights or hotel until it was all booked and confirmed got it on the second try after the first got taken before I could get to the check out.

Regards

Steve
muffin818

Post by muffin818 »

Managed to book two tickets. A bit disappointed not to be nearer the front but I was at work and couldn't get on break till 3. I couldn't believe how quickly they had sold. I guess that shows how dedicated Libera fans are! Still, should be a very special evening.
"And I saw a new heaven
For the first heaven
And the first earth
Are passed away.

Illumina perpetua.

And there shall be no more death
Neither sorrow
Nor crying
For these are passed away."
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

So busy, I forgot to book a ticket. All gone now.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Ticket sorted.

See you all there.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato