Japanese CD + DVD (Angel)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Japanese CD + DVD (Angel)

Post by Surpinto »

There will be a new Japanese CD/DVD to be released November 11th in Japan. The title of this CD/DVD is "Angels Give me was a miracle" (this is per Google Translate so a better translation is requested. Yuki, can you help please?).

This is the track listing of the CD/DVD

Disc 1

CD
01. Angels Give me a miracle was
02. Santa
03. Carol Of The Bell (New Version) 
04. The ends of the wilderness (New Version) 
05. Angels Give me was a miracle (Orchestra Version)

Disc 2

DVD
01. Angels Give me was a miracle (music video) 
02. LIBERA in Universal Studio Japan

This information is courtesy of fan_de_LoK on Twitter.

[hr]

Now the question is how do we who are not in Japan order this item :wink:

First go to this website: tinyurl.com/prn9bzo

Then change your language to English. Register an account. Then order :D

They want you to sign up for some sort of payment card - ignore it and select payments for "overseas customers" at checkout and you can pay with a regular credit card. My American mailing address and credit card worked just fine. I did get a fraud alert from my bank regarding this transaction :shock: :? probably because the transaction got flagged due to this not being a normal merchant American banks deal with, but that was easily remedied online through my bank.

The cost was ¥3,600 which is a little over $30 - this includes shipping to the United States.
Last edited by Surpinto on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dani
Diamond Member

Re: Japanese CD + DVD

Post by dani »

What song is " the only ends of wildness"

It now makes sense the boys will go to Japan to promote the mini album now .
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote:This information is courtesy of fan_de_LoK on Twitter.
Thanks for the 'courtesy' :lol:
It was not a big deal, I was informed this morning by an email, I registered in the automatic alert system on the HMV Japan site in case of new release on artist 'libera' :wink:

About the CD songs, Google translates badly the 4th.

The correct CD songs list is :
01. Angel
02. Santa
03. Carol Of The Bell (New Version) 
04. Angels We Have Heard on High (New Version) 
05. Angel (Orchestra Version)
-------------
'Angel' is the English title of the new song they sung at the USJ in Osaka this August.
The USJ will widely use that song for their Christmas promotionnal campain.

The only new song here seems to be the second, 'Santa' as translated by Google (サンタ in japanese).
I can't link that title to an already known libera song.
--------

On the DVD the two videos are :
01. Angel
02. Libera in Universal Studio Japan

Most probably the Angel video was recorded just before the concert in August :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

fan_de_LoK wrote: The only new song here seems to be the second, 'Santa' as translated by Google (サンタ in japanese).
I can't link that title to an already known libera song.
Sanctus?

(yay, 2000th post! :wink: )
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

maartendas wrote:Sanctus?
Well, I dont think so.

It's true the two words are lookig a bit the same,
'Sanctus' is サンクトゥス
'Santa'    is サンタ
but the 3rd caracter is a bit different, it's not just a miss of the last 3 caracters.

And also a name 'Santa' fits well the concept of an angelic-chrismat themed CD
(more that Sanctus, even though it's could be ok too).

The word サンタ is not just on the HMV site, there's the same songs list on the Tower Records site (http://tower.jp/item/4048748) so I guess there's no mistake.

On the other hand, a title as simple as just "Santa" sounds a bit odd without any adjective or verb, so perhaps you're right after all, perhaps a mistake in the songs list... we will see :wink:

(congrat for your 2000th post :) ! :wink: )
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

How did "Angels We Have Heard On High" become "The Ends of the Wilderness"? Is it possible to order this from the US? How would we pay for it?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote:How did "Angels We Have Heard On High" become "The Ends of the Wilderness"? Is it possible to order this from the US? How would we pay for it?
I can't even begin to tell you how the translator did that :lol:

If you read my original post in this thread you will see that you can order this item from that Japanese site with an American credit card (Visa or MasterCard) and have it shipped to the US. I did! Just change the language in the upper-right hand corner to English, register a user account as you would with any merchant, and voila. It's $30 and change. The only concern I have is with regard to region encoding. Japan is DVD Region 2 along with the UK and continental Europe. While we in North America are Region 1. There are ways around this (multi-region players or ripping software) but this could be a problem for the less tech savvy. A multi-region player is not cheap (I cannot afford one) and not everyone feels comfortable using ripping software. The CD will work fine anywhere, but the DVD may not. It depends on whether the DVD is region encoded - we had this same concern about the Libera in America Blu-ray which turned out to be region-free.

As to whether we will see this CD/DVD released elsewhere other than Japan, I do not believe so for the following reasons:
  1. It's very short; only a few tracks.
  2. Half of the DVD portion is directly related to their trip to Universal Studios Japan.
  3. They had a major music release around the world less than a year ago (Libera in America) and 2 singles on Itunes. So they are probably not yet ready for a full scale, international album.
  4. They are returning to Japan for several Christmas shows not long after the release of this CD/DVD which is very Christmas heavy. So this is likely to be part of that promotion.
  5. They have music label support in Japan through Libera Records (aka Wisteria Project inc).
For these reasons I believe that this is a Japan only thing. If suddenly they release a new studio album internationally with all of these tracks and more, I will be the first to happily admit being wrong :wink:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The CD is now also proposed on Amazon Japan as well as on various other Japanese websites like here or here.

No visual of the cover anywhere so far. It may pass a couple of weeks before the cover is revealed.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I've tried rippers before without success. The ones that can be downloaded "free" from the internet are often useless programs that serve as decoys for malware.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote:I've tried rippers before without success. The ones that can be downloaded "free" from the internet are often useless programs that serve as decoys for malware.
Really? I have used free rippers to rip every BluRay and DVD I ever desired without any adverse effects - Handbrake and Freemake in particular. I have never had to rip anything with region encoding though; but from what I have read that is the easiest part. But since we're not even sure that the DVD will be region coded this may all be a nonissue. If it's got region encoding I can post instructions here once I get it to work.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

maartendas wrote:Sanctus?
Well, I'm changing my mind, the more I think to it, the more I feel you're right :wink:

I agree the second song is more likely to be a mistyped of "Sanctus" than a new song named "Santa".

The reasons for this :
  • That short title "Santa" looks strange by itself,
  • The mini-album is all oriented to Angels.
    A song titled "Santa" is oriented to Christmas, not particularly to Angels.
    Sanctus is way more oriented to be a song sung by angels and it's probably the main Libera's trademark, it should be logical to have it on a mini-album devoted to "Angels".
  • A new surprise song on this mini-album would not be logical.
    Based on its title, the mini-album is devoted to Takatsugu Muramatsu's new song 'Angel', and it's the main song used by the USJ to do the marketing of the end of year celebrations.
    A second completely new song on this mini-album would only dilute the impact of that new song 'Angel'.
  • If we refer to the previous Mini-Album released in Japan "Miracle of life", it had only one new song, "Song of life'.
    See here.
I know it's surprising to think that the songs list transmitted by the promoter to the merchant sites may have a syntax mistake, however, between this hypothesis mistake and the hypothesis of a real new song named "Santa", I now much more think it's a mistake and that the second song is "Sanctus". :)

And you, what is your opinion ?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I did think "Sanctus" when i first saw Santa as i can not see the boys singing a song about Father Christmas , It seems way to Kitsch.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Perhaps it's a lumberjack song to go along with "Ends of the Wilderness."
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote:Perhaps it's a lumberjack song to go along with "Ends of the Wilderness."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

TullyBascombe wrote:Perhaps it's a lumberjack song to go along with "Ends of the Wilderness."
>dies laughing<
Seriously, though. I think "Ends of the Wilderness" sounds like a good song. Sort of in the same vein as "I Wonder as I Wander". Only maybe less wander-ey and more like a march into the wilderness to seek adventure. Like going to the north-pole.