Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Post by Surpinto »

So the Spring tour just ended and the choir is still on the plane returning from Atlanta according to their twitter, but Libera.org is already announcing the next 3 US tours :shock: :shock:

October Tour

Cerritos, CA
October 25 @ 7:30 pm
Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, 12700 Center Ct Dr S, Cerritos, CA 90703
Capacity 1,721

Note: Updated to remove cancelled tours and concerts.
Last edited by Surpinto on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
katyafan
Silver Member

Re: Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Post by katyafan »

oh my gosh!!!!

they are coming close enough to me that I can go to the Cerritos one and the Arizona one! I live in los angeles, and anything too far for car is too expensive for me. I can drive to both those locations, and even better, late october is just after my birthday, so the money i get for that will really help!!!

haven't been to a concert since Crystal Cathedral in 2008/9 was it?

so excited to meet you all!!!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Wonderful news that this tour has been a success for everybody and they now get to go back to America again . The DVD has clearly helped to promote them to a wider fan base as well .
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Interesting - that looks to end the Philippines in October run then which is a shame for the Filipino fans.
katyafan wrote:oh my gosh!!!!

haven't been to a concert since Crystal Cathedral in 2008/9 was it?
Easter 2009 I believe, on the way back from Japan. Lots of changes since then :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Most advance notice to date, large venues again, hope they fill them. It seemed pretty mixed on this tour, with San Antonio reasonably well attended and a large post-concert M&G queue, but then the review on Yahoo Group suggests the Atlanta turnout was a little disappointing. Some of the ticket prices appeared to be twice as much as what we'd pay for a UK concert but perhaps that's related to the costs of hiring out the venues. I'm sure if they performed at similar concert halls in the UK i.e. Royal Albert Hall (Ldn), Bridgewater Hall (Mcr), Symphony Hall (B'ham) then the ticket prices would be higher too.

The West coast of US will be happy that they are going back there. Still leaves July-Aug (Summer tour) to Japan/S.Korea most likely. I think Japan will love the pocket-sized Taichi ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I think I can attend either Connecticut or Pittsburgh or maybe both :D That's so exciting.

As always, I am apprehensive about cancellations after having been burned twice in the past; especially seeing that the Connecticut concert is over 2600 seats :shock: which I don't see them filling. I want to be optimistic and not pessimistic, and I say this with no disrespect toward Libera intended, but I just don't see them filling that many seats even if the tickets are inexpensive. I just don't think they can get that many people to come out for them. I know that some see the high numbers of CD/DVD purchases as an indicator that there is pent up demand to see them - and there most certainly is - but getting a download of music onto ones home computer or mp3 player is many degrees of separation from actually taking the time to travel, possibly long distances and with accommodations, to a live concert. For those of us posting here, Libera is special enough to travel long distances to see; assuming the logistics and personal finances allow it. But I can think of many groups I would not be willing to drive more than an hour or two to see. I like those other groups, I own their music, but my interest in seeing them live just isn't great enough to take time off from work just to drive to see them.

Anyway, if those two concerts happen I could totally see myself going to see at minimum one and possibly both concerts :D

What I wonder about are their usual plans to travel to SE Asia and their other usual concert locations around the world. They have loads and loads of dedicated fans in those countries who have been waiting a long time to see them live again and I would hate for them to be disappointed. Hopefully Jimmy is right and they will tour there in summer.

In any case, congratulations to them on a successful 2015 Spring tour and a thank you to the US affiliate for such an early announcement giving us so much time to plan and prepare :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I learned about most of these dates while out on tour. JR seems committed to bringing some organizational change to the way Libera has previously scheduled their shows. Perhaps things are now being done on a first come first served basis and he is locking his dates in to secure the touring slot for the US. Selfishly, I'm happy about this as it is easier to attend when they are playing in your own country. Like Yorkie though, I do hope there are still some slots available for the group to tour other places and offer fans in other regions the opportunity to enjoy these shows. The consensus speculation was that Korea and perhaps Japan will happen this summer, though possibly with more USA following. It's odd that the next tour slot is in flux while the fall, Christmas (and seemingly next spring) slots are already locked down.

One sure reason that shows are being announced so far in advance is to allow for enough time to build ticket sales and to allow for marketing.
Cerritos is near Los Angeles (I stayed there when I attended the Crystal Cathedral show) and Tucson has had a very supportive PBS station. I think the group will sell out west. Connecticut is JR's home territory and I believe Pittsburgh did okay in 2008 (I didn't attend that one so I don't know for sure).
The venue I am wondering about is Van Wert, Ohio. One thing I'll say about this concert now, book your hotel early! :)

Some fans have been suggesting that Libera would do okay in small towns where there is less competition for the citizens entertainment dollars. This will be a test of that idea. Van Wert has reasonable proximity to Fort Wayne, Indiana but anyone from another population center is going to be facing a long drive to get to the show.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Finally! A few venues within driving distance for me!
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I'm happy for those on the west coast who will have a chance to attend concerts! I do hope that these next three tours will be well attended, and that word will spread about how great Libera really is. :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
henrylonghorn

Post by henrylonghorn »

tom413 wrote:Cerritos is near Los Angeles (I stayed there when I attended the Crystal Cathedral show) and Tucson has had a very supportive PBS station. I think the group will sell out west. Connecticut is JR's home territory and I believe Pittsburgh did okay in 2008 (I didn't attend that one so I don't know for sure).
The venue I am wondering about is Van Wert, Ohio. One thing I'll say about this concert now, book your hotel early! :)
Thanks for this information; the locations make sense now. I am also a little confused about Van Wert - it's more than two hours drive from any of the major cities. Fans from other regions will be challenged to make extensive travel arrangements. Mr. Rexroad seems to be testing our loyalty with this venue choice. If it all works out though, it will likely be a financial success because of the low cost to Libera.
Surpinto wrote:For those of us posting here, Libera is special enough to travel long distances to see; assuming the logistics and personal finances allow it. But I can think of many groups I would not be willing to drive more than an hour or two to see.
Indeed, I hope there will be enough dedicated fans by that time to fill up the more remote venues. It will take a lot of personal selling to convince the newcomers to possibly drive for a couple of hours for a concert.

They should consider Texas for a Christmas tour. The mild winter will be good for the boys' health. :D
Hark, we hear a distant music and it comes with fuller swell
’tis the glorious song of heaven and our fears it will dispel.

Concerts attended: 8 | Last concert: NYC (2023)

https://twitter.com/HenryLiberaBlog
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOluil ... dUezvPVhDA
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Another potential problem with the Van Wert concert might be that the finances of the region won't allow it. Ohio isn't a very wealthy state overall. Once you add in gas, food, possible lodging, a ticket, and incidentals, the cost can be prohibitive. If my family is struggling to pay the mortgage and put food on the table--as so many families are-- I won't be going.
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

I’m excited to hear about the upcoming US concerts. From my perspective, it makes a lot of sense to announce as far in advance as possible. I was really frustrated when I found out about the spring concerts this since I had already made firm reservations in Florida that conflicted with the concerts. Had I known about the Libera concerts, I would have made different plans and gone to the Chicago concert. {Truth be told, I might have missed the Chicago concert anyway as I took sick and even had to postpone the Florida trip. Fortunately the cost of changing my reservations wasn’t too high.}

I’m kind of excited about the Ohio location. I live about three hours away in the Flint, Michigan area. That’s close enough to drive and return without an overnight stay. The driving is pretty easy in this part of the country (when there’s no snow), so it’s a reasonable trip. Using my logic, you could attract people from eastern Indiana, central and southern Lower Michigan, and much of Ohio. I made the one day trip to Guelph, Ontario to see Libera in 2011. The Ohio trip would take about the same time with no worries about border crossing hang ups.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Surpinto wrote: Tucson, AZ
October 27 @ 7:30 pm
Fox Tuscon Theatre, 17 W Congress St, Tuscon, AZ 85701
Capacity 1,197

[hr]
December Tour

Pittsburgh, PA
December 20 @ 7:30 pm
Carnegie Music Hall, 4400 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Capacity 1,721

Tucson currently offering tickets for sale for membership and password only options at the moment....
https://foxtucsontheatre.ticketforce.co ... sp?evt=694

Pittsburgh holding page suggests Promo tickets will be made available for sale on June 11th and general sale opens June 15th..

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/even ... =172912931
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for that information Jimmy! Wonder how one is able to qualify for the presale in Pittsburgh?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote:Thanks for that information Jimmy! Wonder how one is able to qualify for the presale in Pittsburgh?
Yes, thank you very much indeed Jimmy. I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't state what the requirements are for the "Promo tickets". Probably one of those deals where you have to have a promo code of some sort that is given to you. What I want to know is whether the promo is intended for subscribers/patrons of that venue, or whether this is intended to be a way of raising donation monies through Libera.org (i.e. a donation of a certain amount at Libera.org gets you the promo code).

Between now and the time the tickets go on sale I will have to make a decision whether or not to attend Storrs, Pittsburgh, or both. I'm leaning towards Storrs only at the moment because it is on a Saturday and I would not have to miss work to attend, while Pittsburgh is on a Sunday night. Traveling to both would be very exhausting since they are back to back. This is a good problem to have because it means I will see them no matter what assuming nothing is cancelled :D