USA spring tour 2015...

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Sanctus

Re: USA spring tour 2015...

Post by Sanctus »

:D :D Thanks so much everyone for the reviews especially the one where it stated a few lines on each chorister. I guess sometimes it is hard to not just focus on the amazing soloists like Isaac but we need to remember that each and every boy who sings with Libera is very talented as they sing other harmony parts and give Libera the so ethereal and rich sound that it does. I guess that if a boy was not so talented and such a good singer they would not be part of the group. We heard in a n interview that being a mini boy does not necessarily mean that you stay on in the group and that it is sort of an "audition period" in both ways. Libera is a change of life for the boys and some may not be cut out for it. I feel that this bunch of boys seem to be very talented indeed and I admire Robert Prizeman so much and I believe him to be a musical genius. I saw on one of the signed programmes from SA that someone had written "jeff" ???!!! what is that :D :D :D :lol: :lol: Yes I agree that it would have been great to hear a solo from Matthew Madine though it is not too late :) welldone to Gabriel, Camden and Merlin for their first solos !!! may there be many more to come and congratulations to all the other soloists of course who performed so exquisitely. Libera are truly sent from heaven. It would also be nice to hear from relatively new boys such as Alex G, Marc and Tim who all performed with smiles and confidence and who were all wearing microphones showing promising talent. Congratulations to the boys such as Shay, Michael M, Rocco and all the others who did so well in singing and provided excellent strength and support. Finally the newbies also have done a smashing job and Taichi especially who spoke brilliantly. The older boys now with Sam :( also did amazingly and the songs woundt be the same without them.
I will try and do a full review about the Guilford concert later on in May :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

john45 wrote:
Surpinto wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Thanks to everybody for taking the time to write about your experiences, it is much appreciated for those of us who didn't get to go. For those of you who were going for the first time I'm glad the concert was everything you hoped it would be.
I second this sentiment. It was a pleasure to read all of these wonderful reviews. Sometimes I read things here but forget to say "thank you" while the original posters are probably wondering if anyone read or appreciated what they took the time to share. The answer is a resounding yes!
Here's a nice review from the Yahoo group (link didn't seem to work).
Thanks Frank.
Thank you, John. Good read. :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Sanctus wrote:
tom413 wrote: What do you mean Alex G is emerging? did he have any solos ? :)
No solos for Alex G yet. I realize in retrospect that my Dylan comparison may have been too obscure. Sorry.
What I meant is that Alex is singing lead supporting parts. His positioning is more prominent in their formations.
If he wants it, I'm sure some solo work is going to open up for him some time in the future. He has a very
engaging stage presence.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thunderhawk261 wrote:
Despite being in the program, Lucas is not present on tour. I don't know the reason for his absence but I understand there is no cause for concern, though we will,of course, miss his presence on tour.
I didn't notice until after I had left the venue, but some cheeky boy had written "Secret Moose" as an autograph under Lucas' photo in my program.

Camden was the official Moose signer in my program (though he told me about it, nothing stealthy). You can probably make an educated guess by comparing the color of mooses's signature to that of the other signers.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Sanctus wrote:Thanks so much everyone for the reviews especially the one where it stated a few lines on each chorister. I guess sometimes it is hard to not just focus on the amazing soloists like Isaac but we need to remember that each and every boy who sings with Libera is very talented as they sing other harmony parts and give Libera the so ethereal and rich sound that it does.

One of the benefits of seeing so many shows is that you have the luxury to watch every member of Libera individually at one time or another. While the soloists are amazing and command attention, there are many memorable individual notes and supporting harmonies that are worth a look as well.

Apart from the singing, some kids just entertaining to watch due to their great enthusiasm or facial expressions.
Though watching without listening can be misleading. When I first saw Camden at St George's in 2013, I thought he was a power singer - perhaps a future Myterium soloist, but his solo in Lullabye has been quite gentle as the song requires.
Sanctus wrote:I will try and do a full review about the Guilford concert later on in May :)
I look forward to reading your first review about Guildford. The San Antonio concertgoers have set a high standard with some very entertaining reads.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Surpinto wrote:The answer to your question can be found here and here.

So it will probably be announced in the program.

If unsure, just follow the crowd :wink:
Oh my gosh, I read those posts but they must not have computed in my poor, mushy brain. Thank you for replying, lol. Two days until Chicago, oh boy oh boy!!!!!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote:
Sanctus wrote:
tom413 wrote: What do you mean Alex G is emerging? did he have any solos ? :)
No solos for Alex G yet. I realize in retrospect that my Dylan comparison may have been too obscure. Sorry.
What I meant is that Alex is singing lead supporting parts. His positioning is more prominent in their formations.
If he wants it, I'm sure some solo work is going to open up for him some time in the future. He has a very
engaging stage presence.
I believe that Alex G did the solo on "Away in a Manger" in Moscow and St John's :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

You are correct! Bummer that it's a Christmas song, it's hard to hear those performed live unless
you go to the British shows.

One more day of work and back on the trail I go. I can hardly wait.
Sanctus

Post by Sanctus »

ah okay thanks Tom :) I guess most libera boys have the potential of soloing ? :D Yes can hardly wait till Guilford and will try to give an as detailed as possible report as I know how much people love to read them when they don't get the chance to go themselves. Guilford is always such a good concert and it seems to be nearly sold out :) !
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thunderhawk261 wrote: I remarked to Matthew and Cassius about all the new faces, and theirs being the "old boy" veterans in the back row. They quickly added that they have 129 and 124 concerts under their respective belts so far!
You may have mssiheard something. They started singing in concerts at Spring and Summer 2010. Since, libera produced about 70 concerts.
Sanctus

Post by Sanctus »

Hahaha yes although that would be quite an achievement :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

So it looks like boys are taking a well earned break to relax. A helpless pinata was also involved.

[thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/n7in6d90l/CCA2_G ... _large.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/c0m7hcwyt/CB_pl_ ... _large.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/ejchvs82t/CB_pkj ... _large.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/r0j5iy38l/CB_pl_ ... _large.jpg[/thumbnail][thumbnail]http://s16.postimg.org/j6ijxjvfp/CB_pks ... _large.jpg[/thumbnail]
Last edited by Surpinto on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

[quote="Surpinto"]So it looks like boys are taking a well earned break to relax. A helpless pinata was also involved./quote]

I spy beach towels and snorkels on the table in the background. :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
Surpinto wrote:So it looks like boys are taking a well earned break to relax. A helpless pinata was also involved./quote]

I spy beach towels and snorkels on the table in the background. :)
Didn't notice that at first. It appears they like to give the boys a sort of "summer camp" day with swimming, sport, and pinatas. :) Which is a good thing for kids that age for sure.

Also, the US affiliate just posted a video capturing the demise of the pinata as well as an accompanying blog post

[BBvideo 420,315][/BBvideo]

Since we can't see the face of the boy it's hard to tell who it was that terminated its existence, but I think that it is Ciaran based on the photos we have seen and process of elimination.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Oh my gosh, I can't even begin to review the St. Charles (aka Chicago) concert, so I won't... I will say though that the boys did a spectacular job despite the fact that, as people have said, many of the boys were suffering from colds. I was amazed at how well they did, and how many young ones were along this time!

As interesting coincidence would have it, my sister, brother-in-law, and their kids ended up staying at the same hotel as the Libera boys and we ran into a few (almost literally!) a couple times earlier today as we were leaving. My brother-in-law texted once saying, "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG, there are Libera boys all over the place!" He's not a fan, but he knows I am so it was kinda funny. We almost got bowled over by several obviously excited boys who were on their way to the pool, running of course, lol.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther