Angels Sing - Libera in America

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Angels Sing - Libera in America

Post by Surpinto »

It seems we may have a title for the Washington concert (National Shrine) DVD that was filmed this summer; it is supposed to be broadcast in March on PBS.

The title appears to be....
"ANGELS SING, LIBERA IN AMERICA"

All credit for this information goes to fan_de_LoK who posted this find at Libera Passion. The producer Daniel Hart mentioned it at his LinkedIn page. Credit for the screenshot goes to fan_de_LoK as well.

This seems a pretty realistic title considering the titles of their last 2 DVD's.

Hopefully more information will get out about the DVD as we get closer to its release date. I am hoping that all of the songs performed at the concert make it to DVD.
Last edited by Surpinto on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Washington Concert DVD

Post by Surpinto »

Here are the DVD/CD covers:

I apologize for the terrible quality, but it's the best I could do as they are extracted from the videos linked here.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Very nice cover !! :D

It's simple and relax, and it looks beautiful.
The choice of the red and the blue for the texts is clearly in connection with the title.

From left to right it's Alessandro, Ciaran, Ben and on the other side Isaac and Cassius.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yeah, it looks really nice. Thanks for identifying the boys, I couldn't tell who was who. It looks like you and I both extracted that image from the video independently as I saw a different size picture of the same on the French forum you run hahaha :lol: Great minds think alike :D
Last edited by Surpinto on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The Blu-ray, DVD, and CD can now be pre-ordered on Amazon in the United States.

The track listing:

1. Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee
2. How Can I Keep From Singing
3. Morning Has Broken
4. America the Beautiful
5. Wayfaring Stranger
6. Amazing Grace
7. Wonderful World
8. The Prayer
9. Be Still My Soul
10. How Great Thou Art
11. Rest in Peace
12. Sanctus
13. Song of Life
14. Ave Maria
15. Voca Me
16. How Shall I Sing That Majesty
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Pre-order placed.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

PBS have released a video on their channel for "ANGELS SING, LIBERA IN AMERICA" It's a full length showing from Libera's opening number - "Joyful, Joyful"

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Thanks for posting the video! :) I think I must have watched it 30 times already. I love how all the verses are slightly different, especially with the high notes in the third verse.

On Twitter, a few people were mentioning that there is now a preview for How Can I Keep from Singing on iTunes, and also a soon-to-come single (Feb. 6) for It's a Wonderful World, which has a sample that's longer than in the preview video. Other good news - on iTunes, I Vow to Thee My Country is listed as the 17th track, so it looks like that one will be available after all. :D

So far everything is sounding fantastic. Up until now Peace has been my favorite by far, and possibly still will be, but this album might come pretty close. :D Also, I think the harmonies are easier to hear than in the last album - maybe because all the boys had mics, if I remember right. That's a big plus for me also, because I loved the live sound in the last album, but I did have to listen harder for the harmonies in some songs.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

chris17 wrote:Also, I think the harmonies are easier to hear than in the last album - maybe because all the boys had mics, if I remember right. That's a big plus for me also, because I loved the live sound in the last album, but I did have to listen harder for the harmonies in some songs.
Agree from the clip it feels like the vocals are more distinctive and isolated well from the main harmonies - I wonder if the overall sound has been dampened down a little for example you can hear the difference in audio level from Cassius's voice over at the beginning to the live song. It might be different on the DVD/CD. For overall comparison to previous albums, I'll only be inclined to compare like with like, i.e. studio produced, and recorded as 'live'...
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks, Jimmy, for the video! I also agree with Chris that it seems like it is easier to hear the harmonies. Indeed we would have to compare a studio album to this live recording to make any final conclusions on the matter as you say, but I do hear a difference.
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

Looks like March 10 is the release date for the DVD in the US. Audio CD is available March 3.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

There are 3 annoncements by Amazon Germany for 'Libera in America': 2 CD's and 1 Blu-ray
I am surprised about the price of the second CD...what can this be?
labbie

Post by labbie »

Hi, Sue,
I think I know why one CD costs more than the other. We have the same situation with Amazon Canada. One CD is $18.25, and the other more expensive CD is $69.57, both amounts in Canadian dollars. The more expensive CD is an import, and the less expensive CD would be produced in Canada, therefore less of a cost to ship. It would be the same with Amazon Germany, except that the CDs would be produced in different parts of Europe. I hope my answer was helpful.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Thank you labbie, but both CDs are announced as 'imports'. The second & very expensive one is announced to come one month later in April. Maybe a 2 CD-version or a special tour version, we will see...
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

for those in the UK - this is the cheapest I've seen the CD, DVD & Blu-Ray in one place...

http://shar.es/1o9Ci1

Edit: http://www.mdt.co.uk/libera-angels-sing ... ssics.html (looks like amazon's previous crazy import price on UK site has come down to more realistic levels too)

Also amazon has now updated the back of the CD cover image...

Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez