Libera in Moscow - January 2015

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Libera in Moscow - January 2015

Post by Yorkie »

George, a native Russian & huge Libera fan, has posted on the AV group that he has found a site selling tickets to a Libera concert in Moscow on 18th January 2015 at Svetlanovsky auditorium.

Booking page

This is not confirmed and therefore I could not recommend anybody to buy a ticket and give their personal and card details over to an unknown website....
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title editing to add year
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera in Moscow?

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for this information! Looking a little bit more, this is a legitimate website and concert hall. The venue is the Moscow International House of Music and it looks like they have 3 concert halls there: Svetlanov Hall, Chamber Hall, and Theatre Hall.

When you click on the link Yorkie gave you can see that in the upper right hand corner there is the option to view the page in English. When doing so the description about Libera disappears! And when clicking to buy a ticket it takes you to a website that does not seem to load properly, but trying the same for other performances produces a seating map.

Further playing around on the website shows that their concert schedule has a booking for 18:00 (6:00 pm for us Americans) on January 18 but it does not state who exactly is booked - nor for any other concerts that far out. This would indicate that they are not technically selling tickets yet and that we should not be able to see what we are currently seeing at all. :wink:

I think we can infer that the ability to buy tickets will be forthcoming. So it looks like this concert is happening, barring any cancellations. Being in the U.S. such a trip is prohibitively expensive and logistically impossible for me, but I hope that those who go have a great time! :)
Last edited by Surpinto on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viktar

Post by Viktar »

Last edited by Viktar on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

There's nothing about it on the official Libera website. Is this possibly a scam in which someone has copied or "phished" official websites to entice people to purchase bogus tickets?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

No, it's not a scam.
The concert is said on the venue site, http://www.mmdm.ru, it's not something forged.

The rub is that the concert is not yet officially announced by Libera, which means that discussions are still ongoing.
The venue site itself has temporarily put the tickets sale in the hold, in the wait to the concert to be confirmed, or cancelled.

It's sure a bit early for fans to spend anything for an event that is not yet 100% secured.

But on the other hand tickets are still being sold by at least one of the partner sites, ticketland.ru, so waiting for the official announce may result in the lose of the best golden seats.

Look to how many grey seats there's already :

In such case my position is to quickly secure the most important: the best possible seat, and to wait for the rest.
If the concert is confirmed, then perfect, the best possible position is saved.
If the concert is cancelled, the ticket cost will be refunded, so no lose to fear :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:In such case my position is to quickly secure the most important: the best possible seat, and to wait for the rest.
If the concert is confirmed, then perfect, the best possible position is saved.
If the concert is cancelled, the ticket cost will be refunded, so no lose to fear :)
Hmmh, I don't know Moscow in winter??? Added to that the current international climate and the need for visa's I'm not convinced. By the way, what do you consider the best ticket? I see the ones at the front are actually cheaper than many others.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Doesn't seem to fit in with any school holidays either, half-term break runs through 3rd week in Feb..
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Doesn't seem to fit in with any school holidays either, half-term break runs through 3rd week in Feb..
Well remembered Jimmy. I looked the date up earlier at work and saw it was a Sunday...thought it was a difficult time to hold it as they would definitely miss school on Monday. I forgot to post it though when I got home.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It just doesn't seem the right time for this. In the current climate it's hard to know what is really happening. In such a climate almost anything seems possible ...even the sum of all our fears.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I translate here a post I did on the French forum a few days ago.

The concert in Moscow is still untold on the official Libera site but there's movements on the russian venue site that allow to think that the concert is highly probable :)

On Monday 1st December, after 3 weeks of silence since the concert has first appeared on their site, the "Moscow International Performing Arts Center"(http://www.mmdm.ru) now shows the full schedule of the 5th "Moscow Christmas Festival of Sacred Music" --> read here.

Among the 8 events of the festival there's the Libera concert, planned for Sunday 18th January at 18:00.
The day before there's a concert from another world known boys choir, the "Boni Pueri", from the Czech Republic

The page that describes Libera has information accurate enough to say some of the composers and writers of some songs that Libera will sing. It includes: "Beethoven, Pachelbel, Humperdinck, Watts, Prizeman et al., Christmas and folklore songs"

The fact that the venue site has now displayed the full schedule of the festival, and detailed information about the choirs participating, and that this is made suddenly after three weeks of silence, can means only one thing, it's that the discussions between the festival organizers and the invited choirs are now over and that everything is set.

In addition, during the 3 weeks since the concert first appeared, some partners tickets like ticketland.ru were selling tickets for the libera concert. Now the venue site mmdm.ru sells itself too the tickets, we can see that all seats already allocated matches on the various systems, it's a common database, reliable and trustful.

Of course it would be clearer if Libera can announce the concert on their site, but even if they don't for some reason, I will go to Moscow because I'm sure at 98% that the concert will be held.

Flights from Paris to Moscow and return are cheap, around £150 with KLM.
Flights from London to Moscow and return are incredibly cheap, there's some direct Easyjet flights from Gatwick at £40 !! Yes, forty pounds for a return trip to Moscow !! : :shock:
Hotels are not too expensive either, there some 4 stars hotels in centre town cheaper that some London 3 stars hotels.

For a very reasonable price we can have a week-end in Moscow to enjoy two concerts and to give a visit to the red square and perhaps a visit to the Kremlin. Isn't that tempting ? :)

The only issue is the procedure visa, which is complicated and painful, but well, no pain no gain.

A quick look at the venue hall :

Tickets can be bought online without too much complication.
The page to order the tickets : http://www.mmdm.ru/afishaDescription/7941
There's a link in the upper right corner to switch the site to english.

From the site home page you will have first to register and create an account, then you can order the ticket.
the only strange thing is that a phone number is asked and you can't change the Russian prefix code, so the phone number you enters will match nothing right, but this creates no issue, I received my eticket by email right after I ended my booking :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Can you guess which Libera songs can fit the given composers and writers names ? :)
"Beethoven, Pachelbel, Humperdinck, Watts, Prizeman et al., Christmas and folklore songs"

I translate here The Furby's guess :
The Furby wrote:Beethoven : "Sacris Solemnis" would be nice, but more probably "Joyful Joyful"

Pachelbel : "Sanctus" ("Sanctus II", "Locus Iste")

Humperdinck : "Prayer" (Also known as "When at night I go to sleep", the one that they used to sing in 2008-2009)

Watts : a dust of "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" is highly unlikely, we can more bet on "We Are the Lost" and/or "Joy to the World"

I agree with him and I add :
J'ajoute :
Prizeman : Voca me and How Shall I sing that Majesty,

I hope for the Shubert's Ave Maria that Tom sung so well in Washington,

As it's a Christmas festival, it's very likely to have Carol of the Bells, Still, Still, Still ou even O Holy Night

Hopefully How Great Thou Art it's still in the them.

For the Folklore, possibly a Russian song, but surely we will NOT have "America The Beautiful" :lol:

What are your guesses ? :)

The "Boni Pueri" repertoire looks quite wide : read here, "From Caccini to Star Wars" :mrgreen:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Why would Libera not announce the concert on their official age?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, it's a bit weird, but they may have their reasons... but possibly it's just a matter of time and they will publish it soon.

If you intend to go, you should start to organise yourself even without announce, there's obvious signs that the concert in Moscow will be held.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

The concert venue looks nice but I'm not going for two reasons - firstly the disgusting state of politics in Russia under Putin and frankly I don't much fancy Moscow in January.

And for those that say music, religion and politics are all separate issues, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie wrote: And for those that say music, religion and politics are all separate issues, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Which will not be for the first time.