USA summer 2014

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

mbbrose

Re: USA summer 2014

Post by mbbrose »

Here is a resource some may be interested in: http://www.wmata.com <---Washington transit authority.

There is a feature where you can plan your trip and figure out the trains you'll need to catch on the metro if that's how you plan to get around. Parking in DC can certainly be a hassle, so if public transit works for you I'd highly suggest it. There are even commuter stations outside of the city in Virginia and Maryland, depending where you're coming from so you can leave your car and ride the metro into DC for the day/evening.

Just a thought! I'm from the area and want to be of help as much as I can.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

In case anyone didn't see this, Libera is looking for fundraising to help cover the costs of their concert. There are bonuses if you donate certain amounts. The first bonus is a cute Libera moose. :)

http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2014/07 ... aiser.html
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

OK, I'll bite. Who else?
PaulWSpaceRockDodger

Post by PaulWSpaceRockDodger »

In the lead-up to Libera's Washington concert in August, I have been interested to see the creative new online marketing launched by the website libera.org , which solicits funds for "Libera in the United States" and lists the event organizer as John Rexroad. Mr Rexroad is listed on the www.eventbrite.com website as the "President of the newly formed Libera of the United States Trustees". Am I correct in assuming that this new organization is officially linked to/ approved by Libera?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

PaulWSpaceRockDodger wrote: Am I correct in assuming that this new organization is officially linked to/ approved by Libera?
You are correct. Primary purpose is to provide tax relief for US donors but also to promote Libera and provide support for Libera's US tours.
PaulWSpaceRockDodger

Post by PaulWSpaceRockDodger »

Thanks for the confirmation. It is great to see this new energy being put into fund-raising for Libera. Perhaps Libera fans in other countries will be inspired to organise similar fund-raising efforts to supplement what is being done in the UK and USA.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

AAH :D the wait is finally over!
Good things come to those who wait, it is said and this is proven true. A new live CD and DVD, whoohoo :D

Okay, party mode aside, I'm sad I can't be at the concert but that's a minor point.
All I can really do is look forward to the finished product, and hearing about the reports after the show 8)

Ever since I first heard him solo in concert I have hoped there would be a recording of Matthew Jansen's solo voice but I wonder if we're still on time...
ETA -- whoa, totally forgot about his solo on Gaudete on the Christmas live DVD. Sorry Matthew!! :roll:

And there are so many other things to wonder and hope for... Since I am no longer regularly checking on here I am a bit out of touch with the Libera world so I wonder how many new faces there will be and what we can expect.
Last edited by maartendas on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
chris17

Post by chris17 »

In case anyone missed it, Libera posted a video, in which Sam, Alessandro, and Alex Gula introduce the moose (or "mooses" :) ) that are available for people who support the Washington DC concert. Still waiting for mine to get here. :D

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

They all left together on this one, previously Ben did a runner leaving Ciaran and Alessandro to hold fort - all in good humour ;)

Noticed a recent spike in ticket allocation - and maybe to do with the Basilica posting a notice on their facebook page - probably shifted a few amongst their 71,000 following.

So far over 1,100 tickets have been allocated and according to the seating plan the maximum capacity is 1,468 - so they appear to already have a pretty decent turnout for the filming. I'm presuming that all 180 reserved seating at the front will be taken up.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm saddened that there's no weekend concert. Attending this concert would mean losing 2 days work.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Libera being very fan friendly with their latest tweet
"Sightseeing in Washington. If you see us out and about tweet your pics"

...early indication of the concert attendees ;) - looks like Sam L will add further to his already 'oldest libera member to perform in white-robe' title...always a good sign when you see a strong back-line for the lower voices, just wraps up the harmonies in a comfort blanket.

P.S. they could have over 1,700 bums on seats for the concert, would be an American record (taking into account the obvious that tickets were free, still need to fill them). Oh and some seats at the front are becoming available again, so you'll have to be quick to snap these up!
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
P.S. they could have over 1,700 bums on seats for the concert, would be an American record (taking into account the obvious that tickets were free, still need to fill them). Oh and some seats at the front are becoming available again, so you'll have to be quick to snap these up!

Ah! Thank you for posting about more seats opening up! Thanks to you I was able to get a much closer seat :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

mbbrose wrote:

Ah! Thank you for posting about more seats opening up! Thanks to you I was able to get a much closer seat :)
Lucky you - if you live near by are you intending to go to the rehearsal on Wednesday as well? You should if you get the chance, doors open at 7pm.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

Yes! Luckily I do live close enough to make that. I'll be coming from about an hour south. I think now I will just plan to stay in the area tomorrow night and hang around until the concert.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

They will probably swear you to silence as to anything that happens at the rehearsal (song list, etc) but we will expect a full write up on Thursday :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love