A Different Version of "Lullabye?"

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Amie_Hill
Silver Member

A Different Version of "Lullabye?"

Post by Amie_Hill »

While looking for something else on Wikipedia, I found myself on the "Christmas Album" page, and saw the following entry under a listing of various special releases. The Philippines Edition lists a version of "Lullabye" sung by Ralph Skan and Isaac London. Has anyone else heard this? Is it online anywhere?

Philippines Edition [2]
No. Title
16. "Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel)" (solos by Ralph Skan and Isaac London)
17. "Himig Pasko"
john45
Gold Member

Re: A Different Version of "Lullabye?"

Post by john45 »

Ralph and Isaac sang the solos in "Himig Pasko".
"Lullaby" is the Josh Madine version.

See http://mini-angels.blogspot.ca/2011/11/ ... album.html
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

The Wikipedia contributor appears to have made an error, placing Ralph and Isaac's names after the wrong song. I thought I would have heard about a different version of "Lullabye," but had to check it out. Thanks, John.
nurdlingers

Post by nurdlingers »

The first time I heard "Lullabye", via the Libera video and with Josh Madine doing the solo, I was absolutely blown away. I had never heard the arrangement before, and was moved by the Libera presentation, almost an anti-war theme. A year or so later, I discovered the song was written by Billy Joel, whose music has never really been my cup of tea. Given the choice, I'll take LIbera's version any day of the week. Really, an outstanding video, and Josh does a number with it!
labbie

Post by labbie »

When I attended Libera's concert in Boston back in April, I was very impressed by the lovely rendition of 'Lullaby' performed by Camden Stewart.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

labbie wrote:When I attended Libera's concert in Boston back in April, I was very impressed by the lovely rendition of 'Lullaby' performed by Camden Stewart.
With great a capella harmonising by Sam and Alessandro.