Liberaawks

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

symphonica7
Gold Member

Liberaawks

Post by symphonica7 »

Like it or hate it...everything is but a whisper in the grand scheme of it all..I'm just glad and very proud to be a part of Libera our Libera :D shine ON then, as you've been...!

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
paul
Site Admin

Re: Liberaawks

Post by paul »

Errrm!

Not so sure about this one symphonica. :roll: Maybe because I have always associated this song with a hero of mine, Jeb Corlis, Free base and wing suit legend.

This is a must see video i might add.

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

paul30003 wrote:Errrm!

Not so sure about this one symphonica. :roll: Maybe because I have always associated this song with a hero of mine, Jeb Corlis, Free base and wing suit legend.

This is a must see video i might add.
:D Much Respect....Paul......Amazing video by the way!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol:
Last edited by viabuona on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted Video
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

However, I am disappointed.....you don't like a Libera video created by Libera Inspiration..... :( I'm starting to feel like the Dreams Forum is a "click" and anything different or what is not in the "Norm" is not accepted........I Love Libera just as much as anybody here........but I've to got say.....I don't feel very welcome here.....seems all the admins and members are long time fans and have a certain way of how Libera is supposed to be viewed...it makes for newbie fans intimidated......and the lack of support and encouragement from a fan to another is a far cry.......sorry.......but that is my LiberaHeart. My hope is for negativity to cease...and all things Libera Positive will be welcomed with open arms......that's just simply not the case. With much Respect to you Paul..can't say the same about some others....good day to you sir.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

symphonica7 wrote:However, I am disappointed.....you don't like a Libera video created by Libera Inspiration..... :( I'm starting to feel like the Dreams Forum is a "click" and anything different or what is not in the "Norm" is not accepted
"created by Libera inspiration" - hmmm, and there I was thinking there wasn't a whole lot of Libera in this new vid. Not in the music, nor in the images (only a few - I consider private vids or images of the boys in a non-Libera setting simply as non-Libera). I get the point of your vid and it's well crafted, but it's not really about Libera if you ask me.

As you know, all fans are welcome here. We're an open forum which means you're free to express yourself within the rules but not everyone will always agree with you. That's the nature of a free and open conversation.
If you want to raise a topic about this, please do so in the Off Topic section. This part of the Forum is meant to discuss videos. Thanks.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

"created by Libera inspiration" - hmmm, and there I was thinking there wasn't a whole lot of Libera in this new vid. Not in the music, nor in the images (only a few - I consider private vids or images of the boys in a non-Libera setting simply as non-Libera). I get the point of your vid and it's well crafted, but it's not really about Libera if you ask me.

As you know, all fans are welcome here. We're an open forum which means you're free to express yourself within the rules but not everyone will always agree with you. That's the nature of a free and open conversation.
If you want to raise a topic about this, please do so in the Off Topic section. This part of the Forum is meant to discuss videos. Thanks.

And you just re Affirmed my original thoughts Maartendas...thanks for the encouragement....really appreciate...not really. Before I leave, I just want to reiterate that Libera is beyond you or me.....was here before us and will be here well after us......I'm just glad to have been a part of it, but it seems you all or the majority of ya hold yourselves to higher standard and feel as though you are the elite of Libera fans.....go on then and celebrate that. Kudos my friend. What makes this particular video not so much about Libera as any other Libera fan vid?? the fact that it doesn't contain a Libera track or the fact that it contains images of our boys not posted publicly on google search? It doesn't change the fact that I Love Libera just as much as any other fan here or elsewhere....and every scene is made with effort and Love......it's not just I who feel Ostracized on this site.....I share the sentiment of many other Libera fans...good luck to you in your future Libera Endeavors, but sir this is an Epic Fail......thanks for Lifting others up.....absolutely Brilliant! : " ) I'll be sure and spread the word about the Dreams Forum.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

You are welcome on the forum Wake! Rest assured and shine on! :D Your videos are well made and the many ’’likes’’ under your videos is a clear proof of this!

Regarding ’older fans’, ’snobs’ and ’younger fans’ – I’m also just a humble greenhorn, joined the forum in 2010. I have always supported the point that everyone can express his opinion freely here. Preferably in a reasonable and respectful way. Otherwise people would scare off each other.

You will usually face some criticism when you post private photos of the choir members. And that's not because the forum is snobbish but because Libera's official view about using photos is well known. On the other hand, well made fan videos and musical endeavours help to keep the fan base more active and growing! That's good for the choir in general since it makes easier to spread their music and message to a wider audience.

Let’s not forget about some cultural differences- people have different understanding of ‘privacy’. It varies from country to country. This is an international forum after all. Even on a personal level - some people feel it’s ok to share their photos with everyone, some people just prefer not to do so. It’s an individual choice.

By the way, you have received only 'likes' from me. That’s my friendly message!
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Seems I have upset you for having an opinion. Just to reiterate, I said "Hmmm.. not sure about this one symphonica"
I stated that this was because I associated it with a hero free base and wing suit legend. Why do I not think its Libera?

Reason one. The grunginess of the music, rather than the sweet melodic choral sound that Libera are!

Reason two. The nature of the lyrics, see below.

Reason three. As it has been brought up already, personal video's which are not Libera.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this video came from your heart, and the production of this video was pretty amazing, its just the content that did not work for me. I say me, because it is my opinion, others may take a different view on this.

Lyrics to Sail!

This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
I blame it on my A.D.D. baby

This is how an angel dies
I blame it on my own sick pride
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself (myself)

Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

La la la la la
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la,

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Murkskis wrote:You are welcome on the forum Wake! Rest assured and shine on! :D Your videos are well made and the many ’’likes’’ under your videos is a clear proof of this!

Regarding ’older fans’, ’snobs’ and ’younger fans’ – I’m also just a humble greenhorn, joined the forum in 2010. I have always supported the point that everyone can express his opinion freely here. Preferably in a reasonable and respectful way. Otherwise people would scare off each other.

You will usually face some criticism when you post private photos of the choir members. And that's not because the forum is snobbish but because Libera's official view about using photos is well known. On the other hand, well made fan videos and musical endeavours help to keep the fan base more active and growing! That's good for the choir in general since it makes easier to spread their music and message to a wider audience.

Let’s not forget about some cultural differences- people have different understanding of ‘privacy’. It varies from country to country. This is an international forum after all. Even on a personal level - some people feel it’s ok to share their photos with everyone, some people just prefer not to do so. It’s an individual choice.

By the way, you have received only 'likes' from me. That’s my friendly message!

Thanks Murk I totally understand! :) Have a moment of Awesome!
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

paul30003 wrote:Seems I have upset you for having an opinion. Just to reiterate, I said "Hmmm.. not sure about this one symphonica"
I stated that this was because I associated it with a hero free base and wing suit legend. Why do I not think its Libera?

Reason one. The grunginess of the music, rather than the sweet melodic choral sound that Libera are!

Reason two. The nature of the lyrics, see below.

Reason three. As it has been brought up already, personal video's which are not Libera.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this video came from your heart, and the production of this video was pretty amazing, its just the content that did not work for me. I say me, because it is my opinion, others may take a different view on this.

Lyrics to Sail!

This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
I blame it on my A.D.D. baby

This is how an angel dies
I blame it on my own sick pride

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself (myself)

Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

La la la la la
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la,

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Paul I'm not upset over this video, I respect your opinion as I've stated earlier! I hope you'll have an Amazing moment! :) it was Maartendas comment that really got under my skin at the time...now it means nothing. Good day! Carry on then! :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

symphonica7 wrote:
Paul I'm not upset over this video, I respect your opinion as I've stated earlier! I hope you'll have an Amazing moment! :) it was Maartendas comment that really got under my skin at the time...now it means nothing. Good day! Carry on then! :)
Well, I'm glad you are smiling again. As it happens I liked your video and I have to say your editing abilities are pretty amazing. The lyrics to the song are interesting and until Paul posted them I hadn't really noticed them - yeah maybe not really 'Libera' but I like the song :D

Anyway, I'll head back to my clique now :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Yorkie wrote:
symphonica7 wrote:
Well, I'm glad you are smiling again. As it happens I liked your video and I have to say your editing abilities are pretty amazing. The lyrics to the song are interesting and until Paul posted them I hadn't really noticed them - yeah maybe not really 'Libera' but I like the song :D

Anyway, I'll head back to my clique now :wink:
I blame it on my A.D.D........ :D I'm sorry......and that's part of being Human..... :) and that's why I Loves Libera and everything they stand for...... :) :) :) :) :) :) :D

2nd chances?? I believe in 7 chances and then some....but that's just me......I hope you'll all have a BriLLiant moment! :) Sing ON then......