Your Top 3 Choirs

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

sillybear

Re: Your Top 3 Choirs

Post by sillybear »

wowowowow.They sound so good. That song is beautiful!
Call me Cara
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yes, I own that CD too (or at least that song on another CD).

How about the same song by WCC?**

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

**I'm sure there used to be a better quality version on YouTube at one point but I can't find it :(
Last edited by Yorkie on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
sillybear

Post by sillybear »

So awesome. That song is stunning. 8)
Call me Cara
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Oh my. I just looked at the programme of the St. John's concert in December and it's mouthwateringly good, including Britten's Ceremony of Carols, Allegri's Miserere, organ pieces by Bach and Silent Night (probably my number one favourite carol of all time) :D It promises to be a great evening!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:Oh my. I just looked at the programme of the St. John's concert in December and it's mouthwateringly good, including Britten's Ceremony of Carols, Allegri's Miserere, organ pieces by Bach and Silent Night (probably my number one favourite carol of all time) :D It promises to be a great evening!
Sweet :D

Mercy & Love
sillybear

Post by sillybear »

maartendas wrote:Oh my. I just looked at the programme of the St. John's concert in December and it's mouthwateringly good, including Britten's Ceremony of Carols, Allegri's Miserere, organ pieces by Bach and Silent Night (probably my number one favourite carol of all time) :D It promises to be a great evening!
I love the Ceremony of Carols! We sang it at school. I hope you have fun.
Call me Cara
memelissascott

Post by memelissascott »

i think rober king is the most favorite singer.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Here's my blog about the St. John's concert last night: http://choirfan.wordpress.com/2012/12/2 ... -nijmegen/ :)
sillybear

Post by sillybear »

maartendas wrote:Here's my blog about the St. John's concert last night: http://choirfan.wordpress.com/2012/12/2 ... -nijmegen/ :)
*sigh* It sounds so good!
Call me Cara
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I forgot to mention in my blog that overall the men made more impression than the boys. The level of attention of the boys varied greatly, whereas the men seemed much more focused. I thought it worth noting, since I noticed the same at the King's concert, and I have never noticed it with the Roden Boys Choir for instance. I guess part of that can be explained by a difference in experience between (very) young boys and adult men, but I wonder if it might also be partly due to a 'holiday' feel for the boys, away from their daily schedules, which the Roden choristers, boys as well as men, simply don't have - they are organised basically the way Libera is, not tied to any particular church or school etc of their own.

Oh and I also forgot to mention there was one treble not singing, for reasons unknown. He did help out at the merchandise stand during the interval though. But other than that he just sat at the front row in the audience. I felt kind of sorry for him.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

ok... my TOP3:
1) Libera / St.Phillips b.c. / Angel voices :) (are you shocked?) :shock:
2) Riga Dom Cathedral Boys Choir ( because of music style / and I know some of them personally)
3) The Choir Of New College, Oxford.
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Narnian wrote:ok... my TOP3:
2) Riga Dom Cathedral Boys Choir ( because of music style / and I know some of them personally)
I think the idea is to pick your favourite 3 non-Libera choirs :D

Welcome back by the way.

Mercy & Love
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Yorkie wrote:
Narnian wrote:ok... my TOP3:
I think the idea is to pick your favourite 3 non-Libera choirs :D

Welcome back by the way.
THANKS, Yorkie :wink:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
PaulWSpaceRockDodger

Post by PaulWSpaceRockDodger »

I find it difficult to respond to the challenge of naming my top 3 choirs after Libera, as there are so many good choirs in the world. Focusing on boychoirs, the UK and continental Europe (particularly Germany) have some outstanding groups. For example, I was able to attend an impressive concert given recently in Montreal by the Thomanerchor of Leipzig, Germany, and two years ago I attended a brilliant concert in Dresden, Germany given by that city's Dresdner Kreuzchor. Similarly, I recently attended a first-class musical performed in Kingston-on-Thames (southwest London) by that community's Tiffin Boys Choir.

Looking outside Europe, I enjoy looking online at the songs of other choirs, including the following two:

---Drakensberg Boys Choir School (South Africa). Their website is: http://web.dbchoir.co.za
I especially liked their tribute to former President Nelson Mandela, or "Madiba". Here is the Youtube link to their song, "Madiba's Prayer":

---One of the several interesting American choirs that I have found is the Minnesota Boychoir. If you visit their website at http://www.boychoir.org I would encourage you to click on their Youtube link to their January 2013 Winter Concert.

I hope other "Libera Dreams" members will tell us about their favourite "other" choirs.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I like very much, all the choirs mentioned here. They all have amazing vocal talent, but I think there is very thin line between the skills of them all, and I don't think I have the musical skills to put them in any sort of order.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato