Vote for your favorite Libera music video!

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Vote for your favorite Libera music video!

Post by maartendas »

EMI Classics opened up a voting poll for which Libera music video the fans like best.

This is going to be hard!

http://emiclassicsus.com/liberavideovote/
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Re: Vote for your favorite Libera music video!

Post by LuxVenit »

maartendas wrote:This is going to be hard!
Haha, that's the understatement of...I dunno, something epic. I swear I listened and watched the entire playlist at least twice before even working out a top three, and even THAT was dicey. Why do they do that to us? Make us pick just ONE...puh!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Do I have to have a Facebook account to vote? I don't do Facebook.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I think so, yes. It said in the e-mail that I got from them announcing the poll that you need to vote via Facebook. This is to make sure everybody votes only once... I haven't yet voted though so I'm not sure if you need an actual account. :?:

ETA - Voted, and here's my comment (runners up were Song of Life, Be Still My Soul and Time):

I chose I Am The Day. It's so creative, dramatic and emotional. It shows the different "worlds" of Libera: the white robes, the mysterious Harry Potter-like scene and even a ghostlike appearance. The editing is very neatly and skillfully done, and the recurring image of the bird as well as the theme of imagination both echo freedom (Libera) and childhood. It's an ambitious song choice and it has some legendary Libera members together in one video (Steven, Big Ben, Tom and Michael). All in all it's a multi-layered video full of meaning and beautifully made. To me, Libera deserves no less!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hmmmh, no Voca Me?

How can any list of Libera's best videos be complete without VM? Not my favourite version Far Away either (prefer the SoP one in Stratford-upon-Avon). I think my choice would have to come from one of the following:

Vespera
Be Still my Soul
Stay With me

Not surprised to see the recent videos at the top of the voting lists - is that because they are sung by recent Libera boys because I can't believe they are really the best videos (Time excepted).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

maartendas wrote:I chose I Am The Day. It's so creative, dramatic and emotional.
Agreed. It's the one I've gone for too. Along with Vespera, Voca Me, Libera (stone statues in woods) they were shown on Classic FM when they had their TV Channel. All the videos are great, but they haven't since reached the level of this creative roleplay/acting. We Are The Lost was a very touching video, surprised it didn't make the list.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I chose Time. It's so powerful.
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Yes, they should have included Voca Me... Although then it would not have been as easy a choice. :mrgreen:

I voted for Vespera – while some of the special effects could have been used better, it is beautifully filmed and some of the shots are visually just stunning. Of the more recent ones Time really stands out, but I feel it's somewhat overdone. Song of Life is very nice too, but now that I think of it, I actually feel like all the new ones are quite boring. You know, they are mostly just combinations of nice shots without any particular.. idea.

Interesting to see I Am the Day getting so many votes: I've never been a huge fan of the Locus Iste, Libera, IATD videos. Poor use of special effects and colours in my opinion – but I guess it's just me then. :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

How could I forget about Voca Me! It is indeed strange that they didn't include it... But yeah, it would have made the choice harder. In fact, for me it would probably have ended up going between Voca Me and I Am The Day.
Lumi wrote: I actually feel like all the new ones are quite boring. You know, they are mostly just combinations of nice shots without any particular.. idea.

Interesting to see I Am the Day getting so many votes: I've never been a huge fan of the Locus Iste, Libera, IATD videos. Poor use of special effects and colours in my opinion – but I guess it's just me then. :lol:
But I Am The Day and Libera both have a very strong theme/storyline being played out, just the sort of "idea" that you miss in the new ones ;)
chris17

Post by chris17 »

As far as their semi-recent videos, Lullabye definitely has an storyline/idea, although for me that's not a plus...I like the song Lullabye less because of the music video, to be honest. But that's just me. I didn't like the IATD or Libera videos when I first got into Libera, either, because they seemed too weird to me at the time. I don't mind them now, but I don't watch them a lot. (Also, the storylines are still kind of vague - I kind of get what's going on, but not really, if that makes sense....maybe I just need to watch them more.)

I picked Time as my favorite...I also like Stay With Me, Song of Life, and Carol of the Bells. If you count Sing the Story as a music video, I like that one too. I do tend to like their more recent videos more, probably because there's more of the boys singing, and less trying to figure out what in the world is going on and how it relates to what they're singing. Maybe if I actually got to see the boys singing in real life and didn't have to rely on YouTube so much, I'd like the idea-based music videos more. :wink:
sillybear

Post by sillybear »

:!: This does look hard!
If I could vote, I'd choose either Song of Life or Be Still My Soul. Song of Life because the entie video, especially the chorus really draws you in, and I love all the sunset colored lighting.I also like Ralph's comfortable and peaceful expression. Be Still My Soul because the song is amazing! The video's simple set-up is nice too.
Call me Cara
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

after much internal debate, I came to a stalemate and chose You Were There, because it was that video that really got me interested in Libera. That being said, I probably could have chosen 8 others as my favorites, just because I like them all for different reasons.