Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Right Now

Post by Yorkie »

Next two installments of The Choir - hope they are numbered correctly as they all converted with the same title (my mistake for not renaming the files as I converted them):

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Final part:

Mercy & Love
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Yorkie wrote:
Szepilona wrote:right now, I'm using the computer in our local library, due to the power outages in my town. Over 40 trees have gone down in the 10 block radius around my house, causing damage to 3 transformers and 7 electricity poles. Fortunately, I have not seen any major damage to houses or cars, and no injuries have been reported. Unfortunately, my sister had her wisdom teeth removed today and there isn't power to keep ice for her mouth or for air conditioning in the very humid 90oF. There isn't word from AEP yet on how long we will be without electricity.
That sounds like a nightmare, hope it gets fixed soon. Never understood why you don't bury the local electricity network in the States like we do over here - protects the wires from wind/ice. Of course burying the cables does have it's downside - if you need to work on them you have to dig up the road which causes its own disruption, but much more manageable than losing power to whole districts for days on end in those kinds of temperatures.
It finally came back on today, 48 hours after it first went off. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly everything was cleaned up; there are only a few trees still on the side of the road, and even those are mostly chopped up.
Burying the wires does sound better, especially in my neighborhood; when they'd work on them, we'd have an excuse to get new roads :lol:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

According to the news authorities in a number of co-operating countries including Panama, Ukraine and Russia took down a massive network thought to be responsible for 50% of the world's spam the day before yesterday.

Yesterday a spammer posted in 5 of the Off Topic threads.

Evidently they took down the wrong 50%.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

TullyBascombe wrote:According to the news authorities in a number of co-operating countries including Panama, Ukraine and Russia took down a massive network thought to be responsible for 50% of the world's spam the day before yesterday.

Yesterday a spammer posted in 5 of the Off Topic threads.

Evidently they took down the wrong 50%.
Those messages were promptly reported and removed, thanks to Libera Dreams police 8) Almost as good as any government staff :lol:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just about finished my ironing and am half packed for my trip tomorrow. Watching season 2 of the Sopranos as I go - borrowed box set from friend at work, didn't see it when it was on tv and am enjoying it. I think I could be a mafia boss :lol:

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:I think I could be a mafia boss :lol:
We thought you'd never find out.
Have a safe trip and enjoy!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:
Yorkie wrote:I think I could be a mafia boss :lol:
We thought you'd never find out.
Have a safe trip and enjoy!
"I'll make you an offer you can't refuse" - best watch out Maarten, you don't want to end up swimming with the fishes :wink:

All packed, just need to decide what book to pack and then I'm sorted.

Mercy & Love
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Right now I'm trying to relax with some Libera music. My father called me this evening to tell me that he will come to Holland in only three weeks. He lives at Bonaire. I haven't seen him in 3 years... I'm happy that I can see him, but him leaving was very hard for me. And it took me quit a while for me to get over it. So I'm a little bit scared too. Listening to Libera now, wish I'd be at the concerts!!
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Right now I'm trying to catch up with some me-time. I had an unusual week... started off fairly normal though a bit gloomy. By Tuesday morning it was a full-on downpour which lasted for about 48 hours causing massive floods all over Metro Manila. Luckily my apartment and my workplace and all roads in between those two places were not affected. That meant I could go to work. The going-home part got a bit tricky since we usually rely on cars provided by the company to take us home and during that time no car was available. Most of the public transportation have also stopped. Also, out of 20 people in my team, only five of us made it to work on Tuesday. Seven on Wednesday. A bit more by Thursday. By Friday we were just trying to catch up with all the backlog.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Glad to hear you are OK (well, relatively speaking). I hope the problems caused by the floods will soon be over.
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Right now, I am listening to some soft jazz music and trying to get over a rather bad headache (just got my braces ajusted which perfectly explains it :( )
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Right now, I'm left wishing I had been a little more braver and put more on a Euro win... but still a sensational 3 days of sport. The only time I feel European lol ole ole ole ole

[thumbnail]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg248/sc ... es=landing[/thumbnail]

[IMG=http://imageshack.us/a/img248/3737/rydercupeurowinbet.jpg][/IMG]
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

8-1? I think you were robbed Jimmy :D

great tv though. I left work early on Friday to watch and got some grief from a few of the women about 'boring' golf. They all seemed to be talking bout it though when I arrived at work this morning :roll:

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I'm baking my Christmas cake today. I've done all the prep work, have had my dried fruit soaking in half a bottle of cognac overnight, and I've done the fiddly job of double lining the cake tin. Just waiting for this afternoons Evensong broadcast on BBC Radio 3 and I'll start the mixing.

I like to make my mince pies on Christmas Eve whilst listening to the Festival of 9 lessons and Carols from King's :D I'm thinking of making my own Christmas pudding this year too 8)

Mercy & Love