Do people think there will be a proper summer tour

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Do people think there will be a proper summer tour

Post by dani »

this year?

No sign of any announcement and somebody in the group has mentioned Olympic tickets which is the end of July.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Do people think there will be a proper summer tour

Post by Yorkie »

I would be surprised if there wasn't any concert but the chances of a trip abroad are reducing, although not impossible - they do leave it late sometimes to make an announcement.

I hope to send off for a new passport this week just in case!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:I would be surprised if there wasn't any concert but the chances of a trip abroad are reducing, although not impossible - they do leave it late sometimes to make an announcement.

I hope to send off for a new passport this week just in case!

I cant personally see a massive tour abroad. Maybe a few concerts but no big summer trip to the states or anything. Still hoping to be proven wrong tho :mrgreen:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

We are almost to the day when they announced their summer tour plans for last year. I think they might strip it back to basics this year in honour of 'austerity' and maybe pitch a few local appearances around their Choir holiday. I can't see it being a tour that would cover the distances and costs previous years have done. It's not inconcievable they might not tour, but probably unlikely they would go concert-free during the six week holidays.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:We are almost to the day when they announced their summer tour plans for last year
Thank you Jimmy :)
I just see old topics and you are right, we are highly entering into the announcement period :
* Summer tour 2010 in the USA : Announced the 21th of June, with venues details said the 3rd of July.
* Summer tour 2011 in the USA : Announced the 20th of June.

I agree with you Dani about the low chance to see them do a big tour this summer.
In my case I would be very pleased if they stay in the UK this summer, doing one or few concerts :)
The only thing I hope in that case is them avoiding the London area, Hotels fares would be fatal during the Olympics ! :mrgreen:

On the other hand I have seen recently 4 small hints (more or less fetched) on twitter about Japan, so I'm wondering if they can they go back to Japan if EMI supports them financially? (but the recent allusion to the Olympic tickets seems to compromise this hypothesis)

Going back till 2004, here the concerts they did during summers :
* 2004 : 1 concert, the 25th of July, at the Eastleigh Music Festival,
* 2005 : no summer concert, (but they went twice to Japan in 6 months, April and October),
* 2006 : no summer concert,
* 2007 : 2 concerts in June, and 1 in August, the 8th, in Heene,
* 2008 : 1 concert, the 30th of July, in Torquay (announced the 14th of June).
* 2009 : 3 concerts, announced for once very early. Dublin announced in December, Belfast and Edinburgh announced the 26th of February.

Referring to the past 8 years, the exception seems to be more the two last years with big tours in far country, than the other 6 years where summers were not so busy.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

dani wrote: Maybe a few concerts but no big summer trip to the states or anything. Still hoping to be proven wrong tho :mrgreen:
While I (and probably most of the rest of the North American fanbase) hopes you're proven wrong as well, I don't think you will be.

I still feel something will be put together, just not in the USA or Canada.
The Olympics are over with on August 12th and school doesn't start until September 3rd.
Perhaps a tour might be presented in the second half of the summer holidays rather than the first?

I don't think that Japan is a likely stop for the summer as those concerts always seem to be announced well in advance
to allow for ample time to sell tickets and do promotion. If the TV appearance Kavana mentioned is to promote a future
visit, I can't see it happening any earlier than the fall.
liberainchicago

Post by liberainchicago »

I doubt if Libera will do any kind of overseas tour this summer. especially around the timeframe of the Olympics. But it would be nice to see them back here in the states sometime soon. Or a show at St. Peter's in West Belfast, my old stomping ground. I would fly over for that. Loved their last show there.