Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Silver Member

Re: Right Now

Post by Sue »

Wow, we're the same age Tim! Do you know that Daren Geraghty is 3 years older than we? And Liam O'Kane, he is only one year younger than we. So..we couldn't be sooooo ooooold, you know? :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yesterday I attended my grandmother's funeral. She reached the age of 88 and died peacefully. She was my last living grandparent and I was very fond of her so it feels strange to miss her now. But it was a beautiful ceremony. One of my aunts played the piano and she played Chopin's Prelude in C minor - the exact same piece that The Fountain is based on. I already had a special feeling for that song but now even more so...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

My condolences to you Maarten. Things like that are always hart to deal with.
My grandma is aged 92 & she's in hospital at the moment cause of a heart attack..
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Well I got back from Europe last Saturday. It was a great trip. I wish I could have went skiing a little more. We were planning on skiing for a day and a half in St. Anton, but we were only able to go for one day. The views were breathtaking. One of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen. Other than that we drove the entire length of Germany...twice. I think we hit almost every major city.
I definitely want to go back to St. Anton to ski a little more.
I can't seem to embed these, but hopefully you guys can see them. If not, let me know.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

maartendas wrote:Yesterday I attended my grandmother's funeral. She reached the age of 88 and died peacefully. She was my last living grandparent and I was very fond of her so it feels strange to miss her now. But it was a beautiful ceremony. One of my aunts played the piano and she played Chopin's Prelude in C minor - the exact same piece that The Fountain is based on. I already had a special feeling for that song but now even more so...
Oh, my condolences to you, Maarten. Glad that you were able to have her with you for so long.

Lauren
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Malibu wrote:Well I got back from Europe last Saturday. It was a great trip. I wish I could have went skiing a little more. We were planning on skiing for a day and a half in St. Anton, but we were only able to go for one day. The views were breathtaking. One of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen. Other than that we drove the entire length of Germany...twice. I think we hit almost every major city.
I definitely want to go back to St. Anton to ski a little more.
I can't seem to embed these, but hopefully you guys can see them. If not, let me know.

Tim
Can't seem to view the pics, but glad you had a safe trip and a wonderful time! :D

Lauren
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Lauren wrote:
maartendas wrote:Yesterday I attended my grandmother's funeral. She reached the age of 88 and died peacefully. She was my last living grandparent and I was very fond of her so it feels strange to miss her now. But it was a beautiful ceremony. One of my aunts played the piano and she played Chopin's Prelude in C minor - the exact same piece that The Fountain is based on. I already had a special feeling for that song but now even more so...
Oh, my condolences to you, Maarten. Glad that you were able to have her with you for so long.

Lauren
Thank you Lauren. I am grateful for that, too.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hi everyone :) Just wanted to pop in and say that I just realized it's been a year since my first Libera concert.. wow... that's absolutely insane! It honestly feels like I was on the plane to London just a few weeks ago! Thanks to everyone for making this past year a great one! :D
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Hi Rebecca, great! I remember we met at Epsom. I think now you've been to several Libera concerts :P How many?
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Rebecca (: wrote:Hi everyone :) Just wanted to pop in and say that I just realized it's been a year since my first Libera concert.. wow... that's absolutely insane! It honestly feels like I was on the plane to London just a few weeks ago! Thanks to everyone for making this past year a great one! :D
I also remembered today is a year after Epsom (and my first ever Evensong proper, which was the 17th). It's been quite a year and 2012 looks like a good one too :)
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Sue wrote:Hi Rebecca, great! I remember we met at Epsom. I think now you've been to several Libera concerts :P How many?

It's been 4 now! :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Dear all,

I think the stress levels were a bit high these days, but that’s not really what I should talk about here. I just wanted to say I have received a few (or probably more) indirect complaints about my writing patterns and postings that have hurt and annoyed people.

Therefore I really do apologize for that and I promise to slow down on such postings in the future. There are no intentions to hurt anyone.

If somebody still dislikes me strongly, please ignore my posts.
Thank you.

Kind regards,
D.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Murkskis wrote:Dear all,

I think the stress levels were a bit high these days, but that’s not really what I should talk about here. I just wanted to say I have received a few (or probably more) indirect complaints about my writing patterns and postings that have hurt and annoyed people.

Therefore I really do apologize for that and I promise to slow down on such postings in the future. There are no intentions to hurt anyone.

If somebody still dislikes me strongly, please ignore my posts.
Thank you
Kind regards,
D.
Tell them to mind their own business Murkskis. I haven't seen anything that you have posted that would upset anybody. English isn't your first language; whilst you do speak, read and write English to an excellent standard, people need to consider that you are conversing in a foreign language

Me on the other hand, well, I'm just deliberately offensive.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Dear Murkskis!

Please do not stop posting, you are one of our most prominent and respected posters. I have not had a problem with anything you have posted; all your posts have been in line with forum rules. If anyone has issues with your posts, it is there problem, I would be interested to see some examples of what people are complaining about and give them a little piece of my mind. I'm sure there would be no legitimate reason for complaint and if anything, I would be just a language barrier. I think that is improbable as I find your English very good.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Thanks for the support. I appreciate that.
There are some other personal reasons.

Edit 2. I closed my Twitter account. I suddenly realized what was the true reason ....