Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Right Now

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:Where expecting our first bit of snow around 6pm, so I might get in a little tipple of bourbon to warm the old cockles :)

mmmnnnnnnn yes!

Which bourbon have you got in? I'm juggling between Wild Turkey, Knob Creek, Jim Beam Black and Makers Mark at the moment (plus the ubiquitous JD which isn't a bourbon of course). That said I think it will be rum for me now the sun is over the yard arm
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Lumi wrote: A group of men singing the Finlandia Hymn at the Helsinki Central railway station on Monday, as a flashmob in support of the presidential candidate Pekka Haavisto. (Finlandia isn't the de facto national anthem, but its meaning is nothing less.)

And of course the main reason I'm posting this here: Libera fans will no doubt recognise the melody. :lol:

The sound of the original recording isn't the best at times (pretty good around 1:05 though) but it must have sounded amazing live – the acoustics of that building are insane.
Thank you so much for sharing this- sounds fantastic and actually it was very inspiring!
I got a few ideas :wink:
paul30003 wrote:Where expecting our first bit of snow around 6pm, so I might get in a little tipple of bourbon to warm the old cockles :)
Speaking about my favourite drinks I should mention rum+cola, but I can have it very, very rarely these days. (Otherwise my doc would behave like a 'really angry bird' :lol:)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:
maartendas wrote:The Netherlands has received its first serious snow of this winter. It snowed throughout the late morning to halfway in the afternoon. The great thing was, it started ever so lightly just as Time from Peace was playing - so I was hearing that song and looking at the first snow flakes falling outside my window - perfect scenery somehow for that song :)
Just getting our first significant snow of the winter right now Maarten - I think I might dig out a few of my old favourite tunes to listen to as I watch the snow fall.
I found Tavener to be very fitting the first evening of snow.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote: I found Tavener to be very fitting the first evening of snow.
Nice idea - I might do a double header tonight of Taverner V. Tavener ahead of the Giants v Patriots game
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Not a bourbon ?

Well you learn something new every day.

Yes JD is the one for me.

Well it was last night, can't be drinking tonight though as I am working tomorrow.

Yorkie wrote:

mmmnnnnnnn yes!

Which bourbon have you got in? I'm juggling between Wild Turkey, Knob Creek, Jim Beam Black and Makers Mark at the moment (plus the ubiquitous JD which isn't a bourbon of course). That said I think it will be rum for me now the sun is over the yard arm
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

So today is...my birthday. I'm 28. I don't know why, but 28 seems really old. I didn't have a problem with 27 or anything, but I've been dreading 28 for a while. The only other one that was tough was 20 since I was no longer a teenager. Oh well, life must go on.

I'm glad I was able to talk the NFL into putting the Super Bowl on my day. Now if I can just get my wish that the Patriots win*, I'll be happy.

*I actually don't follow the Patriots, I'm a Lions fan, but Brady went to the University of Michigan, so that's why I'm rooting for them.
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Malibu wrote:So today is...my birthday.
Happy birthday and enjoy this day - it will never come back. :D
Malibu wrote: I'm 28. I don't know why, but 28 seems really old. I didn't have a problem with 27 or anything, but I've been dreading 28 for a while. The only other one that was tough was 20 since I was no longer a teenager. Oh well, life must go on.
In this case: Welcome to the club of old fogies :lol:
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Happy Birthday Malibu.

28 is real young so enjoy it.

I cant even remeber what its like to be 28 anymore and next week I become 41, that is old.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I know 28 isn't that old, but for some reason it just seems like it is.

Just in case you don't post about your birthday, I'm going to wish you an early birthday now (although I'm sure Viabouna will make sure to let everyone know :wink: )
Tim
Lead thou me on.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Happy Birthday Tim :)
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Malibu wrote:Thanks for the birthday wishes. I know 28 isn't that old, but for some reason it just seems like it is.

Just in case you don't post about your birthday, I'm going to wish you an early birthday now (although I'm sure Viabouna will make sure to let everyone know :wink: )
Tim
Ah yes, 28, a good age; I remember it very well, seems like yesterday. Now if only I could remember the real yesterday.

Happy Birthday Tim

John
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Not so much as a single flake of snow in central Virginia so far this winter. If this continues until Spring it will be the first year ever in my memory that we haven't had snow. That's 52 years since we moved here when I was 7.
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Malibu wrote:Just in case you don't post about your birthday, I'm going to wish you an early birthday now (although I'm sure Viabouna will make sure to let everyone know :wink: )
Well, it belongs if I know it :lol:
But we have a nice function at the bottom of the Board Index page, and today I can read there:

Birthdays

Congratulations to: BruceH (68)

Yes, happy birthday BruceH - hope you'll read this :mrgreen:
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Happy belated birthday to you, Tim! 28 is young, but you only think that when you're older. hehe I remember thinking the same thing about 20 also! :D

And happy birthday to Bruce!
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Thanks Lauren! People at work have been joking around with me getting older. One of my nick names at work is "Young Tim" and there have been some discussions if I should keep that name haha.
Lead thou me on.