Hi everyone, I'm new here ^^

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

LiberaMe

Hi everyone, I'm new here ^^

Post by LiberaMe »

Hi everyone... I was so excited when I found this forum for the first time (forgive my poor English... it's not my mother language).
I'm Indonesian, but now I'm learning Chinese in China (I hope Libera may come to China before I leave, because it's unlikely that they will hold any concert at Indonesia... at least not in a few years). I accidentally found Libera 5 months ago ("Angel Voices-Libera at Concert--Ave Maria") at Youku (a Chinese Youtube) while searching for PCSM videos. It's absolutely love at the first sight (or sound, haha), and I have to admit that since then I forgot PCSM almost entirely.
After listening to them for a while, I finally got to realize why I'm so in love with this boy group. I've been a fan to classical music, but Libera... the way they sing is just so different, so unique, so celestial. And unlike other boy choirs, they seem to enjoy every song they sing. No shrill voices at all (and I'm definitely not a fan to shrill voices), although the pitch of their songs are all high.
The first Libera song that enraptured me was... "Libera". I just LOVE it (the 2005 MV was a bit scary, though, but still like it for the cultural and religious values in it, hahaha), and I'm happy to know that the group named themselves after this song. And that's also why my username is LiberaMe.
At first, my favorite soloists are Tom (of course, the legendary one :) )and Josh (that smile, duh, THAT smile!!), but as time goes on, I found out that my current favorite soloists are... Not-So-Mini Ben and Stefan. Ben, because he sounds soooooo WOW in Peace, and his personality reminds me of my little brother(cute cute cuteeee... with a peculiar gift of hyperactivity :D ). And Stefan... does it need any reason other than his voice? But of course, all Libera boys are equally unique and special, and I like them all. With or without my favorite soloists, Libera is still the same wonderful Libera.
OK, I find myself to be a chatterbox already. It always happens when I got stuck in Libera stuff. Maybe that's all for now, because I still have some exams awaiting me in a few days, and I haven't even started reviewing yet (all because of Libera, of course, but no blame here... I enjoy it so much :D )
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Hi everyone, I'm new here ^^

Post by maartendas »

Welcome, LiberaMe! This is the right place for Libera chatterboxes ;)
I hope to visit your beautiful country one day. Where in Indonesia are you from?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Welcome, LiberaMe! Great to have you here :D
Also, good luck on your exams! I just finished mine last week! :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Welcome, welcome, welcome and...........

[youtube][/youtube]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
LiberaMe

Post by LiberaMe »

Hello, maartendas, Rebecca, and Yorkie! Nice to meet you all.
I hope to visit your beautiful country one day. Where in Indonesia are you from?
I'm from the city of Jambi, and if you don't know where it is (because some of my own fellow countrymen don't even know about this town's existence), it's at the middle of Sumatra island. Or try Google Earth, it may works :wink: Every visitor is welcomed, maartendas :D
good luck on your exams! I just finished mine last week!
Aww... so lucky of you, Rebecca! I even have an exam at December 31. It's Saturday and New Year's Eve. Such a perfect timing, hahaha...
And Yorkie, thanks for the welcome video. Haven't read or watched Oliver Twist yet, but I love this video for its "Britishness" (sorry, have no idea how to express it). I really want to visit UK, once in a lifetime at least. At first I love UK for giving me J.K.Rowling, Roald Dahl, and Agatha Christie (I'm their huge fan, until now). Now I love UK the more because Libera is also from UK.
Anyway, merry Christmas all! :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Welcome to the forum LiberaMe!
It's nice to see that this forum is getting more popular in China :)

Just checked out the Chinese Youtube- 'Youku' and found many Libera's videos. At least one of them had more than 50 thousand views- Ave Maria (Leiden's version)! :o Stay With Me and Far Away also have a lot of views.

And good luck with your exams! An exam on Dec 31st- wow! The Chinese calendar must be quite different from the Western calendar!

Wishing you a Merry 4th Christmas :wink: and a Joyous New Year! :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks LiberaMe for getting back to me. Sumatra - I read up a little bit on the island and recalled the devastation of the tsunami. Seven years ago already. I hope your fellow countrymen are on the road to recovery. This time of year must bring back memories.
And thanks for the welcome :) I would love to visit one day, for the nature but also the culture, the people. And to understand more of the Dutch history which unfortunately is pretty dark... But I don't know when I will be able to. Sometime :)
And yes, good luck on those exams!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Hi, LiberaMe! Welcome to the forum! So happy you are here! We love chatterboxes here. You are already very interesting to read. :D Hope you do well on your exams!
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Hi LiberaMe. So how is it that you're now living in China? Are you a student?
LiberaMe

Post by LiberaMe »

Hello, Murkskis, Lauren, and TullyBascombe! Nice to meet you all!
Yes,Murkskis, there're a lot of Libera videos on Youku, "Going Home" and "Time" (my favorite so far!) also have a lot of views. Well, the calendar is quite different. We had no Christmas, New Year, or Easter holiday here (while at Indonesia we'll enjoy these holidays), so I must say that Christmas in China=sucks (though Libera's Christmas album definitely made it no longer sucks :lol: )
Hello again, maartendas! Whew, I just realized that you're Dutch. Yes, I'm afraid Dutch history in Indonesia was pretty dark... but the Dutch also built many buildings and facilities (e.g. railways), brought science and technology to Indonesia, so it's like the two sides of a coin, I think :) And thanks for wishing me good luck on exams, I'll need it so much, hahaha...
Lauren, are you the blogger of http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? I've read your blog, it's very interesting and informative :D
Yes, Tully, I'm an undergraduate. It's all coincidences, you know. I originally planned to study English Literature at Jakarta. But right after I was admitted, my Chinese tutor offered me a scholarship to China (she had connection to a certain overseas Chinese organization). So I took the offer and here I am, hahaha. If I didn't take the offer, maybe I wouldn't even get to know about Libera or this forum. A lecturer here introduced the film "Les Choristes" to us, and after that I started to search for PCSM videos (but I've been a fan to classical and choral music long before I watched Les Choristes), and you know the rest of the story :D
Ziqian

Post by Ziqian »

Its a struggle for many foreigners to learn chinese ,i think.but u did well!(one of my foreign friends have learnt chinese for 5 years,but he cant type chinese characters at all:b)i found that our experience r quite similar.(yeh PCSM...:P),im looking forward for their visit to china as well.By the way,how long ll u stay in china?
chinese new year is coming soon,happy new year!:)
Last edited by viabuona on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Violation Forum Rules #11
LiberaMe

Post by LiberaMe »

I still have about 1.5 year before graduation. But I plan to continue taking postgraduate degree. ********************** So I think I still have a few years to wait for Libera's concert here :D
Happy new year too! *****
Last edited by viabuona on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Violation Forum Rules #11
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

LiberaMe wrote:Lauren, are you the blogger of http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? I've read your blog, it's very interesting and informative :D
Glad you like Mini-Angels! It's my daughter, Lexi's, blog, but I proof read, post the pictures and write the boring articles like info about concert venues. She is much more interesting to read. :lol:

What an amazing opportunity to get to study in China! Hope you do very well on your exams! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Welcom to the forum! :D :D Glad you've joined us!
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest