Glad I've found you!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

theforestdweller
Silver Member

Glad I've found you!

Post by theforestdweller »

Hi All :) - I've been lurking here for a week or so and thought it was time to introduce myself. Like many I discovered Libera through casual browsing on Youtube and quickly became a fan. While not of any religious persuasion, or even a lover of classical music, I have always loved harmonies and melodies. Libera provide that in abundance :) . Such was the pleasure of the sight and sound of Libera that even my Wife who is v e r y difficult to please has also become enamoured of Libera.

We live in the UK in a beautiful part of the country called the "Forest of Dean" hence my Username :wink: . This puts us around 100 miles from London and for a retired couple like us means quite a trip to see live events - although our journey pales in comparision with the mileage many of you travel to see Libera :) .

We first saw Libera "live" at the Epson concert earlier in the year. This was an ideal venue for us since my wife suffers from a number of physical frailties including not being able to lift her head from her chest without a lot of discomfort. Careful selection of raised seating in a theatre environment where the seats are above the level of the stage makes things so much easier for her. It was with some trepidation that we booked "premier" seating at St. George's knowing that all seats (naturally in a Church/Cathedral evnvironement) would all be at the same level. However thanks to some very helpful people at the Cathedral we were allocated aisle seats aroun 6 or 7 rows from the front which gave as good a view as could reasonably be expected.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our evening and look forward to more live events within the UK. I think we'll even make a trip to the European mainland for a future theatre based concert within "Easyjet" reach, but perhaps not for an event without reserved and raised seating.

I think I've rabbited on enough for a first post, but look forward to joining in when I've something marginally useful to add to a thread :) .
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
paul
Site Admin

Re: Glad I've found you!

Post by paul »

Hi,

That was a very nice first post, glad you are enjoying Libera, their great live. The first concert for me was St Georges 2010, I travelled a few miles over the past year, after St Georges, i was at Epsom followed by 6 concerts in Canada. I skipped USA and Philippines and come full circle back to St Georges a year later.

Part of going to concerts for me is meeting the fans, many of whom I can call friends. We are as you may have already discovered a very friendly bunch on here.

Glad you found us, welcome aboard and ill look forward to your future postings :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Hi,

Great introduction.
One of the things I like most about the board is reading the
opinions and/or comments of our very diverse group.
Glad to see you decided to chime in.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Glad you found us, hope you feel welcome here!
It's wonderful to be able to experience Libera live :) I had the pleasure twice now but would love to make that more ;)
And yes, meeting forum members is great :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Hi theforestdweller and welcome on the forum. Hope to meet you on one of the next concert in UK (or elsewhere). :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Hi,
A very nice post of you :D
Welcome to the forum!
I'm glad you enjoyed the concert- it's really worth the trip!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Welcome.

[youtube][/youtube]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Welcome! :D
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

chris17 wrote:Welcome! :D
hello welcome i am so plest you come to libera dream forum
u hope you enjoy the fun time and get to no fans will and enjoy libera and if u goon tiwtter theboys are chattting with us on there so enjoy and welcome
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us, too, and that you'll enjoy yourself here. It sounds like you and your wife had the same reaction to your first concert as most of us. It was so good, you just want to go to another one. :D Hope to meet you at a future concert.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Glad you found us :D It always is nice to connect with other Libera fans :wink:
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again