Question from EMI U.S. - Best place to find new Libera fans?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

EMImusic

Question from EMI U.S. - Best place to find new Libera fans?

Post by EMImusic »

Hello Libera fans!

We've been brainstorming as to where might be some places online to advertise and try to reach new and potential Libera fans, considering sites about anything from Catholic youth groups to New Age music...but we realized that it might make more sense to ask current Libera fans about their thoughts/ideas! If people could respond with any info about how they discovered Libera, or where they think might be a good place for us to reach out and try to tell people about the group, that would be very helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks!
The EMI Classics US Team
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Question from EMI U.S. - Best place to find new Libera f

Post by JimmyRiddle »

EMImusic wrote:or where they think might be a good place for us to reach out and try to tell people about the group,
Most of the online forums I cybertravel too are already 'libera' aware such as this one. So not sure I can help you with covering fresh ground. However....

....If the rumours of a China tour are true, you might want to assign your representatives from asia to tap into some of the social networks over there, such as Qzone(facebook), Tencent QQ(instant messaging), and Sina Weibo(Twitter)...and spread the 'libera' message. Tudou & YouKu (YouTube) are also worth making an impact with, to advertise to a chinese audience what libera are all about.

Here's your first press cutting.... 他们来自伦敦南部的穷街陋巷,但像小天使唱
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Like many fans I first discovered them on Youtube. But now I also spread the word myself through conversation with people who are into choirs - whether they're singing in a choir themselves or just enjoy listening to them. Libera introduced me to the world of boy choirs, boy treble singing in church choirs and so on, and now I am in that world myself I try to make other people enthusiastic for Libera, so it works the other way around. I can't name a specific site or place to do this but just wanted to drop the idea of tapping into the choir geek universe ;)

Also, you might want to consider the age range that Libera appeals to which is very broad. This is reflected in the audience at their concerts: from the elderly to the still very young. I think they appeal to kids because they can identify with the choristers and hold an example and inspiration; and they appeal to elderly people because they are accustomed to the repertoire and ofcourse endeared by the angelic appearance of what could be their grandchildren. So just naming two more possible routes to further any brainstorm. Just think: where do kids gather online? And where do elderly people usually come together?

A side note: I think that word of mouth, from individual fans, is still an essential promotional tool for Libera. The way EMI could help is by keeping up the good work in giving us nice goodies to share with our friends - such as free downloads like Joy to the World, contests, videos etc. Remember, we as fans are your unpaid PR staff :lol:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

EMImusic wrote:Hello Libera fans!

We've been brainstorming as to where might be some places online to advertise and try to reach new and potential Libera fans, considering sites about anything from Catholic youth groups to New Age music...but we realized that it might make more sense to ask current Libera fans about their thoughts/ideas! If people could respond with any info about how they discovered Libera, or where they think might be a good place for us to reach out and try to tell people about the group, that would be very helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks!
The EMI Classics US Team
Seems to me that you aim to find U.S. specific suggestions, or am I wrong about that? (There are decent regional distinctions between all the countries I think.)
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

well im a teenager in the USA and the way i found Libera was through Youtube, and i know a lot of ppl goes on youtube a lot so maybe posting lots of videos would be nice :)
also maybe going on pbs or shows that would advertise Libera's music and charm would be good as well. That would probably get more attention from lots of viewers out there :)
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

You search for us-sites? Or worldwide spaces? I could give you some for Germany.
EMImusic

Post by EMImusic »

Thank you all for the quick suggestions! Based on your feedback, we're going to try a YouTube advertising campaign (and for those who were asking - we're only the US branch of EMI company so we can only do U.S. advertising...though we'll relay any suggestions to our other international branches!).

The album's currently at #2 on the Billboard Classical charts, so we're hoping we can bump it up to #1!

best wishes,
The EMI Classics US Team
labbie

Post by labbie »

If you can indeed relay information to other branches of EMI, please strongly encourage EMI Canada to promote Libera and their Christmas CD. The talent of this incredible group needs to reach more people in Canada. Some older music lovers may not be comfortable with web-based sites, or even with using a computer. This wonderful group is not as visible as it could be using traditional sources such as TV and radio.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

It was definitely Youtube for me. More specifically, I discovered Libera singing a Christmas song on Youtube and that's how it all started :)

P.S. I live in Massachusetts ;)
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

I have created a quick survey for Libera fans in the United States. The data can potentially be used by EMI Classics US to help promote Libera in future. No one asked me to do this. I just happened to be a marketing and Libera loving person. It will take you a minute to complete this survey. Thank you for your help and please share it with other Libera fans in the US!

To take the survey, please click the link below:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TVFXRZ3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Took the survey. :D

I just had an idea - not sure if it would actually work, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. If you somehow arranged to offer a single Libera song (or even a few songs) as a free mp3 download on Amazon, you'd probably get a few non-fans to download it and hopefully become fans - it's hard to refuse free music after all. (I just thought of it because Celtic Woman had a free download of Ave Maria today, and even though I don't listen to Celtic Woman, I downloaded it anyway...and I actually liked it better than I thought I would.) You could even just offer Joy to the World, which was free already but most non-fans wouldn't be aware of it. If you could put together a few songs as a free sampler - say a track or two from the Christmas Album, a track or two from Peace, and one or two of their classic songs (like Libera or Salva Me), I think the chance of getting a few new fans would be even better. :)

Anyway, as I said, I don't know if it would be possible to do something like that, or if it would be really effective (you'd probably know that better than I would), but it's an idea anyway. Good luck promoting Libera! :) Also, if it's helpful, I live in Washington state (not Washington D.C.).
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Survey taken.
Hope you find some data that's useful for the marketing team.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

There's always the time honored tried and true methoid of bribing disc jockeys to give air time to the music. Getting air time on the meia often helps. Their more public appearences in the US like during the Papal visit and that charity concert this summer certainly help also. Unfortunately the public appearences they make in the UK don't get broadcast over here. Oddly BBC America seems to largely consist of reruns of Star Trek Next Generation.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I discovered Libera via YouTube, and I think it was either Sanctus or Libera that I found. Instantly hooked, for life. :)

The free track downloads seem like a good idea to me, video clips, getting samples to radio stations, and also more advertising in shopping centers where people, like, shop. I know that I've found maybe two different Libera albums at Barnes and Noble, but that's not really a big market. I don't know how any of the licensing or stuff lke that works, but making CDs available in more stores would obviously open up the gate for more fans. Same with the advertising aspect - like a poster advertising their #2 spot on the Billboard list, or their new Christmas album, etc. A slightly more annoying way to promote Libera would be internet ads (again, I don't know much about that).

Old enthusiastic fans do a lot of "recruiting" of family, friends, pets, and the like. I know I do anyway, and I get shot down every time. Doesn't stop me though, and my sister often finds a Libera CD in the CD player of her car, or a dozen or so Libera tracks mysteriously placed onto her mp3 player. :D
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther