The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by dani »

Why do they record the concerts then never release them?

Why not release a performance as promo on Youtube ? .. its not like everybody can go to concerts so that would be a popular move.

Its so frustrating to see 5 secs of concert songs in high-res for them never to be released to the public.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I agree. I want to see Eternal Light (concert version) again. :D

At 0:10 into the video, I think it's the only concert footage from Cebu. But it (compared to other footage from PICC) illustrates why I prefer that there's no screen at the back of the choristers. :D
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

dani wrote:Why do they record the concerts then never release them?

Why not release a performance as promo on Youtube ? .. its not like everybody can go to concerts so that would be a popular move.

Its so frustrating to see 5 secs of concert songs in high-res for them never to be released to the public.
I'm sure they record them for their own benefit. They watch them for what works, what doesn't, to train new boys, and probably for the family of the singers that couldn't be at the concert.

That's not saying they couldn't release them to the public, but there are many other reasons to record a performance other than just putting it up on youtube.

I'm not sure why they don't release them on youtube, but are there any groups that do that on a regular basis? I don't usually go looking for concert vids, but I doubt there are many out there of an entire performance (by any group or person, not just choral concerts). I think some of it may be because for the people that did go to the concert, they paid money to see it, by putting it up on youtube, anybody can see it for free.
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

I wish they would release some of the concert footage on DVD. I'd be willing to pay for it. I know it may not have the high production quality of the Leyden DVD, but then it shouldn't cost that much to put on the market either. I suppose there are concerns about copyright etc, but RP holds most of the copyrights anyway.

Just a thought, but it probably won't happen.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

According to the Polyeast Records Philippines FB, the repackaged Christmas album is due to be released on the last week of November.

*checks calendar*

So in less than two weeks? :) Ha! I have something to look forward to again. :lol:
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Nikki178 wrote:According to the Polyeast Records Philippines FB, the repackaged Christmas album is due to be released on the last week of November.

*checks calendar*

So in less than two weeks? :) Ha! I have something to look forward to again. :lol:
Yay yay yay! Happy dance! :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

carina_gino20 wrote:Yay yay yay! Happy dance! :lol:
Don't celebrate just yet. I don't think they've announced it even in FB. Let's see what the details will be. :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dani wrote:Libera have posted this.
- xmas album preview.
Oh wow. Major goosebumps at the footage of Veni Veni Emmanuel... And loved to see a bit of the choreography for Carol of the Bells.
And this just screams for a full live DVD -inlcuding the backstage footage of the boys just before they go on stage - all together fooling around, Jakub bouncing his head all excited, loved it!!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

Nikki178 wrote:According to the Polyeast Records Philippines FB, the repackaged Christmas album is due to be released on the last week of November.
Does anyone have any idea why the Christmas Album is being re-packaged only a few weeks after initial release? And does anyone know if there is any difference between it and the original?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

FanInPlymouth wrote:
Does anyone have any idea why the Christmas Album is being re-packaged only a few weeks after initial release? And does anyone know if there is any difference between it and the original?

It is just for the Philippines market and will have the song that they sung at the concert "Himig Ng Pasko" as a added track.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Debuts at #15 on the Classical Billboard Chart
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

dani wrote:It is just for the Philippines market and will have the song that they sung at the concert "Himig Ng Pasko" as a added track.
I wonder if they'll add anything else (like a video clip or something). I just realized that that album would be the first Libera album to be released twice in the Phils. I've always thought of New Dawn as the first one but then I realized they didn't release the one without "Bayan Ko" here. :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Malibu wrote:
dani wrote:Why do they record the concerts then never release them?

I'm sure they record them for their own benefit. They watch them for what works, what doesn't, to train new boys, and probably for the family of the singers that couldn't be at the concert.

That's not saying they couldn't release them to the public, but there are many other reasons to record a performance other than just putting it up on youtube.

I'm not sure why they don't release them on youtube, but are there any groups that do that on a regular basis? I don't usually go looking for concert vids, but I doubt there are many out there of an entire performance (by any group or person, not just choral concerts). I think some of it may be because for the people that did go to the concert, they paid money to see it, by putting it up on youtube, anybody can see it for free.
Tim
I think that when they video tape their concerts they don't have the luxury of setting up stage cameras and managing them in the same manner we've come to expect for a commercial presntation of a concert. When they did the Leiden concert DVD they had the cathedral set up with stage cameras and they planned in detail in advance who they would be filming at which angle and with what lens for every second of every song. Leiden after all was primarily a vfideo shoot first and a concert second. They may not have the luxury of setting up stage cameras in the audience areas in their usual concerts.
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

TullyBascombe wrote: I think that when they video tape their concerts they don't have the luxury of setting up stage cameras and managing them in the same manner we've come to expect for a commercial presntation of a concert. When they did the Leiden concert DVD they had the cathedral set up with stage cameras and they planned in detail in advance who they would be filming at which angle and with what lens for every second of every song. Leiden after all was primarily a vfideo shoot first and a concert second. They may not have the luxury of setting up stage cameras in the audience areas in their usual concerts.
I definitely agree. I even remember seeing a a video of the boys commenting on that concert and how the lighting had to be very high for the cameras to catch everything.
To make a professional looking video, like you said, they would have to set it up for that first, and a live concert second. Plus, a little handy cam isn't going to have as good of quality as a $10,000+ Beta professional camera.

This isn't to say I wouldn't mind seeing footage made without the proper lighting, with a cheap camera, :) but I can definitely understand why they wouldn't want to put out "questionable" quality vids.
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I agree with Malibu and TullyBascombe, the concert in Malina was not set for a DVD recording, the camera there were for the display on the screens on stages.

Treble53 explained on the french forum that in Leiden there was 7 cameras, plenty of microphones suspended above the stage with no microphones put on the stage, and much more powerful lights. In addition there was a real video editing console with different images coming from multiples camera.

We may have nice video sequences like on the video they did for the Christmas Album promotion :) but there is no hope for a commercial DVD from the Philippines tour ;)