The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by JimmyRiddle »

182 on the Billboard Top seasonal album charts w/e November 6th according to this - 396 sales - Partial week though, hopefully they will climb higher than that. If only Libera could have that "ASAP rocks" style exposure over in the US.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

plumpuff6 wrote:I just looked for the Christmas album on iTunes, and there's another track I didn't see before! It's called "Gaudete-Canticum Novum" and seems to be a remixed version of the 2008 version from "Eternal"???
I heard it on youtube. Not liking the remix very much as it's just weird (at least for me) to do it to a centuries-old carol. I would have loved to hear their 2008 version live though. :D

If it's from Eternal, is it Liam doing the solo?
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

[youtube][/youtube]

I kind of like it actually :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

maartendas wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

I kind of like it actually :)
Wow. That video is loaded with pictures I and Jimmy from Japan took. And once again Adrian uses them and does not credit us. Just swell. :roll:
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

For "O Music & Video" store, The Christmas Album is still #1 for the past week. Coldplay at #2. :D
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

That Gaudete is just soo tacky. I can not believe they actually put that rubbish on a Libera album. Its an actual insult to put that on there.

Its a poorly remixed track that is garbage.

What is the point of it ? .... Libera are never going to be played in clubs so i fail to see the point of who its actually marketed at.

ETA- Not a dig at Libera as they will have little say on what gets selected. It would be a EMI move.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:That Gaudete is just soo tacky. I can not believe they actually put that rubbish on a Libera album. Its an actual insult to put that on there.

Its a poorly remixed track that is garbage.

What is the point of it ? .... Libera are never going to be played in clubs so i fail to see the point of who its actually marketed at.

ETA- Not a dig at Libera as they will have little say on what gets selected. It would be a EMI move.
I have to agree with you on that.

Gaudete was never one of my favorites.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Gaudete is nice, but it's not something you'd like to hear over and over cause the tune just keeps on repeating. (Maybe Tom's Silent Night would be a better addition because it's readily recognizable as a christmas song in any country.)

I notice that there are some songs Libera can't really do without, maybe that's why it was added then. I've been hearing Gaudete since Angel Voices 3 & it's again added in Aled's with Libera dvd. I thought maybe this xmas song is really popular in England. Was actually surprised it 's not added in The Christmas Album now.

Among non- xmas songs, i think Salva Me, Stay With Me & Libera are the songs they can not do without. I mean was there ever a concert where they did not perform those songs? Even in the recent Christmas concert they still did it so there was actually more non xmas songs sung. I know it's a big classic favorite among you guys but are those songs they can never really do without?
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

plumpuff6 wrote:I just looked for the Christmas album on iTunes, and there's another track I didn't see before! It's called "Gaudete-Canticum Novum" and seems to be a remixed version of the 2008 version from "Eternal"???
Man, that remix is brilliant! I've been playing it non-stop. Kudos to the remixer!! :D :D
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

FanInPlymouth wrote:
Man, that remix is brilliant! I've been playing it non-stop. Kudos to the remixer!! :D :D
I like it and they might have had some fun creating it. :D
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Benj wrote:Gaudete is nice, but it's not something you'd like to hear over and over cause the tune just keeps on repeating. (Maybe Tom's Silent Night would be a better addition because it's readily recognizable as a christmas song in any country.)

I notice that there are some songs Libera can't really do without, maybe that's why it was added then. I've been hearing Gaudete since Angel Voices 3 & it's again added in Aled's with Libera dvd. I thought maybe this xmas song is really popular in England. Was actually surprised it 's not added in The Christmas Album now.

Among non- xmas songs, i think Salva Me, Stay With Me & Libera are the songs they can not do without. I mean was there ever a concert where they did not perform those songs? Even in the recent Christmas concert they still did it so there was actually more non xmas songs sung. I know it's a big classic favorite among you guys but are those songs they can never really do without?
You forgot Sanctus. Libera, obviously, will be there as it's their theme tune.

Gaudete is one of my fave Christmas carols. But I'm not a fan of this remixed version.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I do not mind the original Gaudete ( slightly repetitive ) but Liam has a good solo on it.

I just do not like the remixed Gaudete and do not get the point of it as a " bonus marketing tool" on Itunes . A bonus song is a incentive to download the album because you want the " bonus material" yet this song is anything but a bonus. It has not even been remixed by Libera unlike Heaven ( New Dawn) .

And not only that if you had never heard Libera before and heard that first then you would not then look for other songs because its so awful. I came across Libera via Youtube and if i had heard that remixed version first then i would never search for other songs. It is a total miss representation of Libera's sound and should never go on any promotional album of Libera.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:I came across Libera via Youtube and if i had heard that remixed version first then i would never search for other songs. It is a total miss representation of Libera's sound and should never go on any promotional album of Libera.
Same story for me also.

I first heard Libera on TV, can't remember which song now, but I can certainly say that it was not one of their better songs. I did not really give Libera a second look until I came across Salva (Joe Snelling solo), It was this song that captivated me. If they are going to use a bonus track for promotional purposes, then I fully agree that Gaudete is not a song to promote Libera.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

If I understand things correctly, the remix was made by Libera fans in the UK. I see it as a nice little extra, not a promotional tool to help attract new listeners.

Btw Lauren - maybe it's wise to start adding watermarks to your pictures, if people keep using them without your permission? I know it's quite a step, but I just wanted to share the idea with you.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

+1 for Gaudete and I like the remix (although not as much as the original).

Yorkie has spoken.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love