The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

phlibera
Gold Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:No no, I recorded the show on my PVR from the UK to air broadcast :D I have it for ever and can watch it on my tv any time I want :mrgreen:
Oh, right, I forgot. Yorkshire is in UK. :lol: Now if only Dani taught you how to upload to Youtube. :) If only the QVC studio was big enough to fit the whole choir, eh? That would have been awesome as you broadcast in HD unlike our networks here.
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

Sorry people. I did upload the video but it has proved problematic as it was continually "processing"; Yuki & Lauren tried to embed it into blogs and YT was having none of that!

I have deleted the vid and am starting to upload again.

Sorry to be a pain - I blame YT completely!
Last edited by FanInPlymouth on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Ooh, thank you FanInPlymouth. Am going to watch now, but I thank you in advance. :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

phlibera wrote:
Yorkie wrote:No no, I recorded the show on my PVR from the UK to air broadcast :D I have it for ever and can watch it on my tv any time I want :mrgreen:
Oh, right, I forgot. Yorkshire is in UK. :lol: Now if only Dani taught you how to upload to Youtube. :) If only the QVC studio was big enough to fit the whole choir, eh? That would have been awesome as you broadcast in HD unlike our networks here.
Well, technically speaking the UK is in Yorkshire but it's an easy mistake for foreigners to make. Unfortunately, not all channels are in HD and QVC isn't one of the ones that are.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:Well, technically speaking the UK is in Yorkshire but it's an easy mistake for foreigners to make.
See, why don't I believe you? :D

It's wonderful to being able to catch a note or two from some of the members. A nice side effect of having only a few members perform. That makes it 4 live performances shared in Youtube and a mini-twitter party in a single day. All in all a great day!

P.S. Stefan looked so young in the "Deep Peace" video. :)
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Yay! Just watched it. Great to see everyone. Eoghan looks like he has so much fun, every once in a while he looked up to Ralph and smiled. Nice to see that.

For me it doesn't sound like they are miming. Prob some backround, but you'll def hear some difference with the CD.
White Christmas is definitly not mimed. Stefan solo is very different from the CD. I like his new vibrato.

LOVE it!! Thanks for uploading!
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

The one day I sleep in past 9 AM this year was the day they're on tv... figures :lol: anyways, I just watched their preformance! They did fantastic! Was really hoping for White Christmas! :D Looking foward for more TV apperances this holiday season! (I might even try to stay up for a few in the future, if necessary :lol:)
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Wow i just watched the QVC performances over at dearmadine's blog. I think she tweeted about re-uploading it on youtube too. Kindly persevere people, we're all counting on you :mrgreen: It's the closest we can get from having a new live concert dvd.

So there were mistakes huh! But even those sounded good. :lol: I see we have a new friend from Finland. I also saw a fan tribute from Russia on youtube. Is there still any doubt which is the best choir (sorry, boy group) in the world? 8)
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

Benj wrote:Wow i just watched the QVC performances over at dearmadine's blog. I think she tweeted about re-uploading it on youtube too. Kindly persevere people, we're all counting on you :mrgreen: It's the closest we can get from having a new live concert dvd.

So there were mistakes huh! But even those sounded good. :lol: I see we have a new friend from Finland. I also saw a fan tribute from Russia on youtube. Is there still any doubt which is the best choir (sorry, boy group) in the world? 8)
Hey Benj, I'm gonna re-upload on YT since Michael is already doing it. I can upload if Michael continues to see a problem on his end but I'm gonna wait first. In the mean time, you can watch it on my blog :)

http://dearmadine.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... n-qvc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Thanks for the upload! Yep, definitely live!
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

libera36

Post by libera36 »

carina_gino20 wrote:Thanks for the upload! Yep, definitely live!
I agree, it's definitely live. There was definitely a backing track as well, which was really loud at the beginning of Joy to the World, but they seemed to tone it down a bit for the second two songs!
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Thank you! Must be hard uploading all 17 minutes of it, including the interviews. Funny i'm watching this now at 2 am. It would've been a lot easier if i watched it live at 5 pm earlier on my time of the world. :lol:

I still couldn't get over watching Himig ng Pasko (did you people like the song? :lol: ) and now we have 3 more live performances available. Santa came really early this year.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I have just watched it on youtube and indeed i was wrong. They do sing. Too be fair when you only watch it once , it did look mimed.

And the backing track still over powers them a lot of the time. I really only notice they are singing live when you hear them go out of sync with each other .

It was great to see Stefan get a televised solo even if it i wished it had been a better song that showcased his range better. Also did Ralph have a cold? . Just his voice sounded deeper to me ( huskey).
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Benj wrote: I still couldn't get over watching Himig ng Pasko (did you people like the song? :lol: ) and now we have 3 more live performances available. Santa came really early this year.
Me to. I keep watching it again and again 8)
dani wrote:I have just watched it on youtube and indeed i was wrong. They do sing. Too be fair when you only watch it once , it did look mimed.
Phew! :D What a relief - I thought Santa is not here yet, but apparently I was wrong :lol:
FanInPlymouth wrote: I have deleted the vid and am starting to upload again.
Sorry to be a pain - I blame YT completely!
No worries. We have plenty of time :mrgreen:
Anyway, it's so nice of you to share these videos!
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

dani wrote:And the backing track still over powers them a lot of the time. I really only notice they are singing live when you hear them go out of sync with each other .
I'm just curious, when specifically do you hear the backing track overpowering them?

Because when I first watched them this morning – even though I was still half asleep – one of my first thoughts was that since they have some of the harmonies only on the track (or just one boy singing a harmony in addition to the track) they actually should've (at least at times) had it quite a bit louder to match it with the volume of the boys singing live. I mean I'd rather say that for most of the time the boys overpower the backing track. :lol: