The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by carina_gino20 »

Yorkie wrote:It is of course about personal preference - it is impossible to please everybody all of the time. But playing Devil's advocate on this one (fasten your seatbelts because this is going to get bumpy) would people's opinions be different if it wasn't Josh singing?

grabs hard hat and runs for cover
Oh, Yorkie, whatever could you possibly mean? Elaborate please :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Lauren wrote:Oddly enough, I went to QVC's home page, clicked on "Watch QVC Live", and it works! Even in the US I can watch it! :D

It'll be on at 3 am Chicago time. Anyone else want to tweet while we watch? :lol:
Ooh... Thanks for the hint. Tried it and it works ok here in the Philippines, too. :D :D :D It will be around 5:00 PM Philippine time this Saturday. :)
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

@Philibera: Join our Twitter party on Saturday! :D
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

hannah_kirstin wrote:@Philibera: Join our Twitter party on Saturday! :D
:D What's the official hash tag? :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

phlibera wrote:
hannah_kirstin wrote:@Philibera: Join our Twitter party on Saturday! :D
:D What's the official hash tag? :)
Hmm, how about #LiberaQVC?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
libera36

Post by libera36 »

phlibera wrote:
Lauren wrote:Oddly enough, I went to QVC's home page, clicked on "Watch QVC Live", and it works! Even in the US I can watch it! :D

It'll be on at 3 am Chicago time. Anyone else want to tweet while we watch? :lol:
Ooh... Thanks for the hint. Tried it and it works ok here in the Philippines, too. :D :D :D It will be around 5:00 PM Philippine time this Saturday. :)
Good gosh... 4am, my time... I think I'll pass, and watch it on YouTube when I wake up! :lol: Somebody is going to record it, right?
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

libera36 wrote:Good gosh... 4am, my time... I think I'll pass, and watch it on YouTube when I wake up! :lol: Somebody is going to record it, right?
We could ask Jimmy... :lol: :lol:

So, #LiberaQVC? #LiberaChristmas?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

carina_gino20 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:It is of course about personal preference - it is impossible to please everybody all of the time. But playing Devil's advocate on this one (fasten your seatbelts because this is going to get bumpy) would people's opinions be different if it wasn't Josh singing?

grabs hard hat and runs for cover
Oh, Yorkie, whatever could you possibly mean? Elaborate please :lol:

I wont answer for Yorkie ( I'm sure he has his own ideas) but it's pretty clear to see that Josh is the only non treble getting solo"s here . And it does not take a genius to figure out that's it's because Josh is so popular .

If this new change in direction actually involved any of the of the other 6 or 7 boys with changed voices it would be nice. As it is Josh has had

Time
Faithful heart
Eternal light
Coventry Carol
Veni Veni

And it would seem its just because josh is Libera's poster boy and sells them cd's. Let's wait till Josh goes and I bet that suddenly non trebles won't get solo's .
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Dear Madine your whole site is about Josh so of course you will love that he is still getting solo's. He is cute and sweet and the girls lap it up and in return makes Libera money .

But personally it grates as If this was really about giving the crowds something new then he would not simply pick Josh. Liam sings in the choir at school so is he incapable of singing lead now his voice is no longer a treble?
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

dani wrote:I wont answer for Yorkie ( I'm sure he has his own ideas) but it's pretty clear to see that Josh is the only non treble getting solo"s here . And it does not take a genius to figure out that's it's because Josh is so popular .

If this new change in direction actually involved any of the of the other 6 or 7 boys with changed voices it would be nice. As it is Josh has had

Time
Faithful heart
Eternal light
Coventry Carol
Veni Veni

And it would seem its just because josh is Libera's poster boy and sells them cd's. Let's wait till Josh goes and I bet that suddenly non trebles won't get solo's .
dani wrote:Dear Madine your whole site is about Josh so of course you will love that he is still getting solo's. He is cute and sweet and the girls lap it up .

But personally it grates as If this was really about giving the crowds something new then he would not simply pick Josh.
Dani, I would love to hear any Libera boys getting a solo as I mentioned on my review. I don't deny that Josh is my favorite member but let's not forget that I'm also a Libera fan just like everyone here.

If you really think Robert Prizeman has given solos to Josh only because he has a bigger fan-base or he is "Libera's poster boy and sells them cd's" as you put, I personally think that's a pretty degrading statement to say about Libera's music and Libera as an organization.

If you were to ask me 'then why Josh has so many solos?' I can give you my answer but that won't satisfy you so you should really ask Robert Prizeman for that. Whatever his answer might be, I don't consider your opinion as a viable option of RP's many possible answers.
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

dearmadine wrote:
Dani, I would love to hear any Libera boys getting a solo as I mentioned on my review. I don't deny that Josh is my favorite member but let's not forget that I'm also a Libera fan just like everyone here.

If you really think Robert Prizeman has given solos to Josh only because he has a bigger fan-base or he is "Libera's poster boy and sells them cd's" as you put, I personally think that's a pretty degrading statement to say about Libera's music and Libera as an organization.

If you were to ask me 'then why Josh has so many solos?' I can give you my answer but that won't satisfy you so you should really ask Robert Prizeman for that. Whatever his answer might be, I don't consider your opinion as a viable option of RP's many possible answers.

I do not mind that you do not agree with me. After all its just my opinion. And we all have our favorites but as i just want too see other boys being given an opportunity that Josh is being given. You have 7-8 boys with changed voices yet only one is getting solo's.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

dani wrote: I do not mind that you do not agree with me. After all its just my opinion. And we all have our favorites but as i just want too see other boys being given an opportunity that Josh is being given. You have 7-8 boys with changed voices yet only one is getting solo's.
I agree with you that I also wanna see other older boys getting solos as they are all talented. They are all proven Libera veterans with years of experience. I just don't agree on your reasoning that Josh was given solos by RP because of his looks and popularity. If we don't agree, we don't agree. Also fine with me. Enjoy the rest of the album!
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

dearmadine wrote:
dani wrote: I do not mind that you do not agree with me. After all its just my opinion. And we all have our favorites but as i just want too see other boys being given an opportunity that Josh is being given. You have 7-8 boys with changed voices yet only one is getting solo's.
I agree with you that I also wanna see other older boys getting solos as they are all talented. They are all proven Libera veterans with years of experience. I just don't agree on your reasoning that Josh was given solos by RP because of his looks and popularity. If we don't agree, we don't agree. Also fine with me. Enjoy the rest of the album!

I would just say the whole package of Josh is getting solo's. He is clearly the most popular member in places like Japan and the Philippines and he is a drew for the fan girls.

I don't think any other member of Libera has a actually fan site dedicated to just them.

Josh is a marketing dream :D
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

As with Songs of Praise, I'll record it Saturday morning and upload it to YT. Will pass on the link asap.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

FanInPlymouth wrote:As with Songs of Praise, I'll record it Saturday morning and upload it to YT. Will pass on the link asap.
Cheers Michael, I'll actually be working Saturday and then cheering on the demise of Guy Fawkes at an organised event later on - so although I will record it I won't be able to make it available for YouTube until very, very late on. Let's get #LiberaQVC trending on Saturday (okay it's never going to happen with 'Beliebers and GaGa's monsters about but still...), I might be able to send a tweet twor two at work.

The only time I have watched QVC (aside from channel flicking) is from the two links on here, one for Billy Elliot's performance and the other Aled Jones. Getting artists to perform as a way of selling their merchandise is much better than listening to the presenters scripted patter. It's great that the libera boys will be able to sell their own CD ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez