Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Benj
Silver Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by Benj »

My mom was actually sad cause she said they grow up so fast. Then she saw Kavana who is actually her favorite and she said "Oh, Kavana didn't grow up that much yet!" :lol:
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Benj wrote:I'm hoping the organizers will tour them to Bohol which is just beside Cebu so the kids can see the famous Chocolate Hills. And then in Manila, the Ocean Park with lots of colorful fish bigger & fatter than cows.
If I ever get to visit the Philippines, I know who to ask for touring advice. :D

And wouldn't it be great if Libera DID get to go, they'd show pictures of it?
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

My first day in my trip to Manila last weekend also consisted of a lot of eating. Vacations, and in their case, tours, are for eating! :lol: I think we drove by the Balikbayan store on Sunday/Monday. I'd love to hear that impromptu jazz piece that Liam and Josh played in the store.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Benj wrote: I'm hoping the organizers will tour them to Bohol which is just beside Cebu so the kids can see the famous Chocolate Hills. And then in Manila, the Ocean Park with lots of colorful fish bigger & fatter than cows.
Not to mention photo-ops with cute little tarsiers!

timjanni

Post by timjanni »

Link removed, sorry for that. :oops:
Last edited by timjanni on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
psykick

Post by psykick »

Reading their blog makes me sooooo hungry! Man i'm craving for Asian food. Here's a video of Lechon being cut. Notice how crisp and juicy the skin looks.. they have plenty of these in the Philippines and Libera said what they're having is 'enormous.'

[youtube][/youtube]

Time Magazine chose Lechon as the best pork dish in the world. I'm very glad that the kids got to taste this!
Last edited by psykick on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Lauren wrote:
Benj wrote:I'm hoping the organizers will tour them to Bohol which is just beside Cebu so the kids can see the famous Chocolate Hills. And then in Manila, the Ocean Park with lots of colorful fish bigger & fatter than cows.
If I ever get to visit the Philippines, I know who to ask for touring advice. :D

And wouldn't it be great if Libera DID get to go, they'd show pictures of it?
Anytime Lauren :D I'm wondering why they haven't been there yet, it'll be great for their video blogs.
I also wish they would build theaters at the Banaue Rice Terraces, Chocolate Hills or the perfect coned Mayon volcano.
Then Libera will perform there having those landscapes in the background-- that'll be awesome!

Meanwhile i don't think Libera will be happy with that youtube link of Himig ng Pasko; but fans obviously would love to see it. The video's cut security must've caught him but the video should've been erased from his camera.
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

Benj wrote: ...
I'm wondering why they haven't been there yet, it'll be great for their video blogs.
I also wish they would build theaters at the Banaue Rice Terraces, Chocolate Hills or the perfect coned Mayon volcano.
Then Libera will perform there having those landscapes in the background-- that'll be awesome!
I think they all got to be back at school again on monday, so there is not much time for fun. I still hope it's not too exhausting for them with all that jetlag and the tight schedule.
skittles

Post by skittles »

timjanni, aren't halloween and all saints day holidays in the UK? my school follows the British calendar and they're holidays for us. i'm not sure though, could anyone actually living in the UK confirm?
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

The blog talks about a photo shoot - I wonder who did the shoot and what it was for (maybe for their own website gallery?). Looking forward to those pictures!

I love that last picture with the boys on stage in an arc - one of those trademark Libera live pictures that every tour seems to have some of.
I also love the picture of Josh and Liam at the piano, it looks so natural the way they're playing together :D

I would be thrilled if Tiarnán was the blog author as I feel I can identify with him a lot and I am also a writer :)

Also, I think the author of the Inquirer article does prefer the video walls - she talks about being able to single out soloists this time around, and the walls helped to do that. So an improvement from last time.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

skittles wrote:timjanni, aren't halloween and all saints day holidays in the UK? my school follows the British calendar and they're holidays for us. i'm not sure though, could anyone actually living in the UK confirm?
I only checked the school holidays on common websites for the southern London boroughs. From that I think holidays were from Oct 24th to Oct 27th. But I really have absolutely no idea what else might change that, as I'm German. Would be interested, too, if I'm wrong about that. :)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Here at the venue already. Hasn't started yet. Oj not really. It's starting. Bye.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

phlibera wrote:Here at the venue already. Hasn't started yet. Oj not really. It's starting. Bye.
Have fun!

While we wait for your rave review, here are some pics I took with my sis ipod touch. Sorry for the quality. :wink:

This group of girls were just about ready to propose to Josh. :lol:

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

If anyone else is seeing small frogs like I do, go to this link: http://imageshack.us/g/89/29586910150343788934930.jpg/ :lol:

skittles

Post by skittles »

aww. i can see me and my friends looking very uninterested next to that group of screaming girls. that sucks, i hope it didn't look like that to them. we were very excited really!