The Christmas Album CD (2011)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: The Christmas Album CD

Post by TullyBascombe »

It's such a surprise to hear a little kid with the last name "Ustynovich - Repa" speak with such a thoroughly British accent.
AndreasZ

Post by AndreasZ »

Just received my copy from amazon.de today. An absolutely
fantastic album. :!:
I think my Cd-player has to work overtime today :wink:
And tomorrow. :) And the rest of the year.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The contest is open !! :D

http://www.liberachristmas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feared it would have requested some creative or writing talents, with a ranking made by some judge, but fortunately it looks like simpler, it's apparently just a draw :)

To enter to the contest, you have to email to three persons about the Christmas Album.
And you can do a maximum of 5 entries, so you need to mail to 15 persons to maximize your chances :)

To be won :
- 25 Posters signed by Libera, value $10
- 5 Libera hoodies signed by the group, value $65
- 1 Official Libera Robe, value $85
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Edit : Errr.. problem ! :lol:

The access page is now displayed, but when I want to submit my entry for the contest, I receive an error message :
Access denied for user 'libera_usr'@'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' (using password: YES) (IP masked)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Arff big frustration !! :(

The contest is too restrictive !!
It's only for : "legal residents of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry"

http://www.liberachristmas.com/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pfff... Can't EMI think worldwide ??? :|
The music industry is so archaic, it's incredible !
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yeah, that has always been the case for contests by EMI USA, even for their other artists. EMI/Virgin Classics (not sure where it's from, perhaps the UK) is the one dishing out contests internationally.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

whaaat. sorry but thats rubbish. why would you not include some of Liberas largest fanbases in this - asia and europe?! seems completely ridiculous when they dont have to have more prizes, they just get more exposure from ppl emailing! not happy :(
Danie :D
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Edit : Errr.. problem ! :lol:

The access page is now displayed, but when I want to submit my entry for the contest, I receive an error message :
Access denied for user 'libera_usr'@'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' (using password: YES) (IP masked)
Well, I received the same error message, and I DO live in the US. :? :?:
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So much for EMI U.S saying they would look into changing the rules for the next comp they did after the April comp EMI u.s did and all the emails they got off us . So nothing has changed at all . And let's see if they do a u.k comp as I bet that will not happen.
EMImusic

Post by EMImusic »

Hi everyone,

In regards to the contest being limited to the United States - we did in fact do extensive research with our legal team on this and were very disappointed to find out that the laws around contests vary dramatically from country to country (even from state to state in the US). The legal preparation, signup monitoring and prize limitations required to make a contest truly global simply weren't feasible this time around.

We're as disappointed as you are that this contest couldn't be extended beyond the US, and we do promise that we will continue working towards a proper worldwide Libera contest. For now please accept our humble apologies, and we wish you all a wonderful holiday season.

And as always, thank you for your support of Libera and their recordings.

Sincerely,
The EMI Classics US Team

PS - To those of you in the Philippines, enjoy the concerts!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

It's nice to see a comment :D Lovely.
However, it seems it would be easier to apply for US residency and then to enter the contest :wink: :mrgreen:

Can't wait for my CD and the concert in London :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

EMImusic wrote:We're as disappointed as you are that this contest couldn't be extended beyond the US, and we do promise that we will continue working towards a proper worldwide Libera contest
Strange feeling of déjà-vu... I wonder where I read that already ? :roll: Maybe here.

EMImusic wrote:Hi Libera Fans!

This is partly addressing issues/questions about the ongoing Libera giveaway contest and to give you guys a preview of Libera's upcoming Christmas album!

We’ve been listening to your responses to our Libera 2011 USA Summer Tour (http://www.angelrecords.com/liberatour2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), and just wanted to address a few things. First off, regarding the over-13 age limit – this is a very strict law that we unfortunately can’t do anything about! Secondly, regarding the USA-only limitation for the contest, this is because we set it up around their US summer tour and budgeted accordingly, and weren’t aware there would be so many requests from overseas to participate! Since the contest has already begun, we can’t legally change it to make it international at this point, but we can tell you that there is a contest in the works for the upcoming Libera Christmas album which we’ll be sure to make available to all countries, so we hope all you international fans can wait until then!

Thank you again for supporting Libera and their wonderful music – to show our appreciation we’d like to offer a free download of a preview track from the upcoming Christmas album, available here: http://www.emiclassics.com/liberaUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Enjoy!

Sincerely,
The EMI Classics US Team
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

It's disappointing that the comp is for the US only but no point ragging on EMI in the US - at least they are doing something for their fans and interacting with the forum. What we need is to get the other branches of EMI to be as proactive......
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I don't know why then EMI U,S don't tell the u,k branch to pull there finger out and do a UK comp as there is a massive demand for one?'
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Technically the form is now working, we can submit entries.
But I'm not fitting the rules as I'm not an American resident, so my entries are void before being.

At least I will input a few american emails from people I know that may not be already awared about the contest.