Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by Murkskis »

It seems they are working on promotional side, a bit similar to pop concerts, but Libera clearly have their own way on how to approach this all :D

Sure, many of us would love to attend a concert in Philippines or in Japan.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Back when i became a fan there was a set of rules in place. So no myth and you should check your facts before you say its an urban legend.

I can not remember them all but one was not to approach the boys, never to try and touch the boys. Dont try and strike up convos with the boys or lead them away from the chaperones.

This was in 2007.
Conversation with Steven Philipp, Libera Chairman, July 31, 2011

SP:There are so many folks that come up with wild ideas about what we think.

SP: ..but these crazy misconceptions people get, like with the meet and
greets..
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:Back when i became a fan there was a set of rules in place. So no myth and you should check your facts before you say its an urban legend.

I can not remember them all but one was not to approach the boys, never to try and touch the boys. Dont try and strike up convos with the boys or lead them away from the chaperones.

This was in 2007.
Conversation with Steven Philipp, Libera Chairman, July 31, 2011

SP:There are so many folks that come up with wild ideas about what we think.

SP: ..but these crazy misconceptions people get, like with the meet and
greets..

Mr S P said that in 2011. Them rules that i saw was 2007.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

The situation with M&G with the boys in the UK is what it is and we just have to accept it. But to be fair Mr P was speaking to a stranger; he was hardly going to say anything that might cause offence was he.

Am I alone in wondering what all the fuss is about when it comes to M&G's, photo op's and signings? They are not ours to demand. Lets just be thankful for new songs and some concerts (of which I would like more of both but the poor little buggers need some down time to enjoy being kids :D )
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:Mr S P said that in 2011. Them rules that i saw was 2007.
Taking aside the notion that these rules have never been published, written or sourced from any official directive apart from the chitter-chatter of fan gatherings, most of those propositions are common sense and constitute safe practice don't they? i.e. leading them away from chaperones, physical contact? You need not worry though, true or not, rules like this are only aimed at those that carry the Y chromosome as part of their genetic makeup.
Yorkie wrote:Am I alone in wondering what all the fuss is about when it comes to M&G's, photo op's and signings? They are not ours to demand. Lets just be thankful for new songs and some concerts
Nope your not alone. The peformances and singing at a live concert is more than good enough for me. Even those rare UK concerts that did have a CD signing a few years back, I didn't join the queue. Nothing wrong with those that do, but it's not for me.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:Mr S P said that in 2011. Them rules that i saw was 2007.
Taking aside the notion that these rules have never been published, written or sourced from any official directive apart from the chitter-chatter of fan gatherings, most of those propositions are common sense and constitute safe practice don't they? i.e. leading them away from chaperones, physical contact? You need not worry though, true or not, rules like this are only aimed at those that carry the Y chromosome as part of their genetic makeup.

Them rules came from Libera im pretty sure. Its when i first joined so its blurry but im sure that them rules was from an offically source and was up on a website.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:The situation with M&G with the boys in the UK is what it is and we just have to accept it. But to be fair Mr P was speaking to a stranger; he was hardly going to say anything that might cause offence was he.

Am I alone in wondering what all the fuss is about when it comes to M&G's, photo op's and signings? They are not ours to demand. Lets just be thankful for new songs and some concerts (of which I would like more of both but the poor little buggers need some down time to enjoy being kids :D )

I would like just because i am sick of being treated differently just because i happen to live in England. Its about the Principal of the matter now.

And thank you Yorkie. Bang on .... Mr S Phillips could never come out and say " we cant do m&g's" in London due to safety concerns over some fans :roll: .. we simply just don't get them and they can make as many excuses as they want but that is it in a nutshell .

Too keep on topic :lol: :) i am really impatient to see the set list. More so than who is doing the tour
psykick

Post by psykick »

dani wrote:
Yes i would love to experience a concert in Japan or Philippines just because its such a different environment from the u.k . Its a lot more something like you would get at a pop concert
For those who wish they were in the Philippines for a different experience, I found this video on youtube showing the opening number of Miss Universe '94 that was also held in PICC, where Libera will be having their concert next week. Josh wasn't even born then! Hehe.

[youtube][/youtube]

I was privileged to be there for their 2009 concert and it was absolutely stunning.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Those hairs! So 90's. :lol: The stage will be a lot smaller than the one in Miss Universe '94, though, when Libera comes back there next week.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The likelihood of someone from Japan, the US, or the Phillipines coming to Britain and stalking one of the boys would probably be very small, the risk is probably greater in the UK. People talk to the kids while they're in line, some of the kids are quite young and may not be as skilled at keeping personal data secret. If one of them accidently tells someone his school or address at a M&G in the Phillipines it's pretty unlikely that person would use that information to persue the child, the cost would be prohibitive. In Britain that's not the case.

I think that churches in general are becoming more concious about security issues. Our vestry just commited our church to put windows in the priests' office door to protect the scurity of people meeting in private with the priest. We're doing the same with the doors to the nursery. We're debating whether we have to do that on church children's classroom doors also. At present we have a rule that no church school teacher can be alone in a room with only one student.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Yorkie wrote:The situation with M&G with the boys in the UK is what it is and we just have to accept it. But to be fair Mr P was speaking to a stranger; he was hardly going to say anything that might cause offence was he.

I agree x1000 :)
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
skittles

Post by skittles »

Josh Madine's 17th Birthday will be on the 26th, a day after the PICC Concert! So PILIPINAS, come and greet Josh at the concert! Prepare your banners and tarps and hold them high on the Meet and Greet and Concert dates!
Libera Three-Sixty just posted that on their facebook. It looks like we've got one back row singer confirmed, even though there wasn't much speculation about Josh in the first place.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

Moppi wrote:
Nikki178 wrote: I'm kinda bummed since I bought my tickets some time ago and I bought on my own so no chance of a photo-op. In the first one, we were able to just walk up to Ben C. and Callum and have our pictures taken with them.
I know how you feel with this, but then again 20? Kinda steep although understandable, it might overwhelm stuff if it was scaled down to 8-10 or something.

True with the walking up to part, I did just that with the meet and greet for the Peace tour with Callum as well. :lol:
Not the choir. :D I think they have a time limit when it comes to their public appearances since they're all minors. Photo-op with each one would take forever.

Callum's so funny! I asked him to sign an album cover during the Peace tour and he was like "that's my hand!" pointing to the hand on the cover. I can't get Steven's autograph though. I didn't recognize him back in 09. Wasn't he part of the choir for like 10 years? :wink:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Got our tickets for October 28. Sadly the ticket contains the image of the original poster (that is to say, with Josh's time travelling head). :(

Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

You ticket looks way cooler than the Manila tickets. :wink: