You are so lucky, it's crazy. I envy both of you to no end. :D
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Right Now

Post by maartendas »

Szepilona wrote:Today in choir we sang Tallis Canon! :D
That's great, I listened to the Moody Church live version again today, such a precious moment...

So, question to all home schoolers - what's it like? What are the advantages? I've always been a little intrigued by that.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

I can see one disadvantage. This week is my spirit week at school. Since I go to a Catholic school we wear uniforms, so this week we wear whatever we want according to the theme is for the day, for example tomorrow is decades day, and each grade is assigned a different decade. Freshmen are 60s, Sophomores are 70s (that's me!), Juniors are 80s and Seniors are 50s. On Friday we have our pep rally where we welcome the varsity football team, the varsity cheerleaders and the kickline (which I am on!). We all go outside and sit on the bleachers on the football field by grade. We have really fun event like which grade can scream the loudest, which grade has the best poster, the annual "go home freshmen!" chant, the varsity cheerleaders and kickline perform in front of the entire school. And then homecoming is on Sunday, which is a huge football game and it's a lot of fun, and pretty much the entire school goes to that, too! The whole thing is a lot of fun, and If I was homeschooled I would miss out on that! But of course I would love to sleep in all the time instead of wake up at 6 every morning :D
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

It's also great because in the afternoon I get to tour around on Libera Websites! 8)
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for your responses :)

Something cool happened tonight. After choir practice I found out my bike had a flat tire (that was not so cool) so I rang the church door bell to see if they had a pump for it. Our conductor was the only one still inside and he said no, I don't think so, but I can give you a ride. During the ride I asked him about his experience in a boy choir in Dresden where he grew up. Because at the start of choir practice this evening he had told us a little bit about that, in order to illustrate how new members of a choir are helped by more experienced members of a choir to learn a lot of new music for the first time. But he hadn't said what choir it was exactly he sang in as a boy. Turns out it was the world famous Dresdner Kreuzchor :D He first sang as a very high soprano and then after his voice changed he became a low bass :)
Also, it was the time when there was still East and West Germany. And on his 17th birthday, in 1980, the Dresdner Kreuzchor went to West Germany for a concert - but he never went back! He finished school in West Berlin, took up music studies, and ended up in the Netherlands. Amazing story huh :)
It was very nice to get to know this fascinating background of our conductor :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

libera36 wrote:
Liv Castor wrote:Right now, I, um, am taking a break from school ( I am homeschooled ) to look up Libera stuff. Just finished my delicious breakfast of a slice of rasberry torte! Yipee!

Back to science now...... :roll:
Hey, I'm homeschooled too! *virtual high-five* :mrgreen:
Ok. This is just too weird. I am homeschooled to! Isn't it great?!!
Since I am homeschooled, I get to do more extra curricular activities, and I can spend more time on the things I love, ( which are oil painting and pottery, plus Libera :D ) This is really cool! :D glad I am not the only one..
Last edited by Julia on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

maartendas wrote:Thanks for your responses :)

Something cool happened tonight. After choir practice I found out my bike had a flat tire (that was not so cool) so I rang the church door bell to see if they had a pump for it. Our conductor was the only one still inside and he said no, I don't think so, but I can give you a ride. During the ride I asked him about his experience in a boy choir in Dresden where he grew up. Because at the start of choir practice this evening he had told us a little bit about that, in order to illustrate how new members of a choir are helped by more experienced members of a choir to learn a lot of new music for the first time. But he hadn't said what choir it was exactly he sang in as a boy. Turns out it was the world famous Dresdner Kreuzchor :D He first sang as a very high soprano and then after his voice changed he became a low bass :)
Also, it was the time when there was still East and West Germany. And on his 17th birthday, in 1980, the Dresdner Kreuzchor went to West Germany for a concert - but he never went back! He finished school in West Berlin, took up music studies, and ended up in the Netherlands. Amazing story huh :)
It was very nice to get to know this fascinating background of our conductor :D

That's so cool!
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Amazing? Perplexingly mystifying cool. :)
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I am also homeschooled! :D Well, at least I was until I started college last week. :) I really liked having a flexible schedule, and the curriculum my family used was really good (although challenging).
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Right now I am nursing my pricked fingers :cry: from sewing my patches on my new karate uniform! :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Szepilona wrote:Right now I am nursing my pricked fingers :cry: from sewing my patches on my new karate uniform! :D
Wax on, wax off.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

I'm very interested in uk proxy servers right now!

A few fans might want to see something on BBC website tonight.. :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Murkskis wrote:I'm very interested in uk proxy servers right now!

A few fans might want to see something on BBC website tonight.. :wink:
I'm hoping they wont be seeing me! have you found a good one?

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Nope, I couldn't find, but someone (very devoted fan :wink: ) advised me to use 'myiplayer'.

P.s. I hope it's not too confidential !
The broadcast has started!!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I'm sure I saw the back of F_D_L's head during that first song!

Mercy & Love