How are we doing.

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

How are we doing.

Post by paul »

We have had quite a few new members in recent month, I'm sure this is partially because we are now an open forum. I thought it may be interesting to some of our members to show the Website stats for the past few months.

http://www.libera-dreams.com/stats.html
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: How are we doing.

Post by maartendas »

Inna from DearMadine made a whole post recently about where all the Libera fans come from, it's neat to see that the map of the world that she made from her data pretty much matches the one on here: http://dearmadine.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... s-are.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope you don't mind me sharing this one, Inna ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I would have expected that, as fans tend to frequent the same places for the latest gossip and news, Libera Dreams is right up the top of this source of information. We are so current that even Libera themselves keep an eye on us ;)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Wow over 21,000 visits - that's pretty impressive for just 3 months. Global coverage too, although the US generates the most visits. Not surprising considering it was Kevin and his LIberaUSA Ytube channel from which the domain was originally created from. Quite a responsibility you now have Paul, for being the Admin of one if not 'the' most popular sites for libera related news. ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Wow over 21,000 visits - that's pretty impressive for just 3 months. Global coverage too, although the US generates the most visits. Not surprising considering it was Kevin and his LIberaUSA Ytube channel from which the domain was originally created from. Quite a responsibility you now have Paul, for being the Admin of one if not 'the' most popular sites for libera related news. ;)
Yes I know, and I have plans to get the main site up soon, for that I will be needing people to contribute and help. Also I still have the old gallery to put back online with much more media to add to it.

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Just an update on how we are doing.

Our Google position for the search word "Libera" ranks us 2 places behind Libera official sites.
Only Wikipedia and last.fm are in front of us.

We rank higher for Libera than EMI Classics themselves.

With a higher volume of media content and a Website, I'm sure we can move up once again and become the leading source of information next to Libera themselves.

The ongoing support from all our members have helped us achieve this and although concert related traffic is slowing, the statistics still show a rise in visitors. With the upcoming Philippines tour, I expect this site to have many many more visitors and new members so I would like to get a Website up and running as soon as possible.

I'm going to discuss this further with viabuona

So a big thank you to all our members for support and keeping this forum active.

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

paul30003 wrote:Yes I know, and I have plans to get the main site up soon, for that I will be needing people to contribute and help. Also I still have the old gallery to put back online with much more media to add to it.
Have you still got all the previous images from the old gallery? There were some fine contributions from fans of their first US tour in 2008. What type of content will you be hosting on the main website and how will it be structured? I'm not sure in what way I could help, I have a basic background on website creativity, but that was from a few years ago. I haven't kept updated with the latest tricks of the trade.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
paul30003 wrote:Yes I know, and I have plans to get the main site up soon, for that I will be needing people to contribute and help. Also I still have the old gallery to put back online with much more media to add to it.
Have you still got all the previous images from the old gallery? There were some fine contributions from fans of their first US tour in 2008. What type of content will you be hosting on the main website and how will it be structured? I'm not sure in what way I could help, I have a basic background on website creativity, but that was from a few years ago. I haven't kept updated with the latest tricks of the trade.
Yes, I am currently uploading the old gallery complete with all the images.

I'm not sure about any passwords or usernames as yet, but if you all had your own, then they should still work.
Although there are a few images still being uploaded, the gallery is in fact now available.

http://www.libera-dreams.com/gallery/

As for the Website, I am considering a CMS portal, joomla is what I had in mind. As for contributors to write up information, I know you would be able to do a fine job helping with the Website content.

The content, would be current and past information about Libera, a full list of the choristers and a little info about them, Libera's discography, Tour information, both past and upcoming, future album releases. All this information will be linked to the forum discussions.

Basically what I am looking for, is not web designers, but people who can write up good quality biographies and informative reviews and I'm sure with your knowledge of Libera, you would be able to do a fine job.

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

paul30003 wrote:Basically what I am looking for, is not web designers, but people who can write up good quality biographies and informative reviews and I'm sure with your knowledge of Libera, you would be able to do a fine job.
No problem Paul. If I can help I will. I remember there was a chap called Alan Johnson who had a UK website with some really good chorister profiles. They linked to every song, album and TV appearance that spanned a libera boys service. Sadly he couldnt' keep up with the updates and the site went down. Wish I could have archived some of that stuff. Still I'm sure we can do a good job ourselves if we put the effort in. I wouldn't want to just copy & paste from BCSD for example, no matter how great that site is too. We would need to be original and present it in a different way.

P.S. Re: The Gallery - I tried with my old details and it wasn't recognised. Then I clicked on the forgot password option and entered my registered email address but is advised me I did not exist. Not sure if it's just me.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
paul30003 wrote:Basically what I am looking for, is not web designers, but people who can write up good quality biographies and informative reviews and I'm sure with your knowledge of Libera, you would be able to do a fine job.
No problem Paul. If I can help I will. I remember there was a chap called Alan Johnson who had a UK website with some really good chorister profiles. They linked to every song, album and TV appearance that spanned a libera boys service. Sadly he couldnt' keep up with the updates and the site went down. Wish I could have archived some of that stuff. Still I'm sure we can do a good job ourselves if we put the effort in. I wouldn't want to just copy & paste from BCSD for example, no matter how great that site is too. We would need to be original and present it in a different way.

P.S. Re: The Gallery - I tried with my old details and it wasn't recognised. Then I clicked on the forgot password option and entered my registered email address but is advised me I did not exist. Not sure if it's just me.
Maybe you could try and reregister?

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

There is also the Libera Database and Libera's World with lots of info etc.
Since so many info is already out there, we don't need to do a lot of work, maybe all we should try to do first of all is make sure everything can be bundled together on here and direct people to other relevant websites. Like we could be a spider in the web (no pun intended ;)). Then when we've accomplished that, we could think about taking things a step further.
I would be glad to help. I've collected quite some Libera pictures over the years and am always glad to contribute my writing skills. However, I am a busy man as well so it would come on top of everything else, including my activities on here. But I would like to add what I can.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

You might ask the members if they have any photos from the Canadian and American concert tours this year and open up sections in the gallery for them to post their photos to. Come to think of it, the last photos were added in April of last year so there are no pictures from the American tour of 2010.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

maartendas wrote:There is also the Libera Database and Libera's World with lots of info etc.
Since so many info is already out there, we don't need to do a lot of work, maybe all we should try to do first of all is make sure everything can be bundled together on here and direct people to other relevant websites. Like we could be a spider in the web (no pun intended ;)). Then when we've accomplished that, we could think about taking things a step further.
I would be glad to help. I've collected quite some Libera pictures over the years and am always glad to contribute my writing skills. However, I am a busy man as well so it would come on top of everything else, including my activities on here. But I would like to add what I can.
I would prefer to use original material, but what you suggest, could be used a guide. I would rather not do a copy and paste job on the website.

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

TullyBascombe wrote:You might ask the members if they have any photos from the Canadian and American concert tours this year and open up sections in the gallery for them to post their photos to. Come to think of it, the last photos were added in April of last year so there are no pictures from the American tour of 2010.
I agree, we need current photos in the gallery.

I have been so busy with work these past few months, so have not had time of energy to achieve so much that I have set for myself. The gallery was put up so that people got some more of the original Libera Dreams back. There is still much work to do, as you say "Current more up to date photos” and much much more.

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

We have most of our visits from USA. Here is the top 10 States

1. Texas 1,942
2. California 1,635
3. Pennsylvania 839
4. New York 797
5. Illinois 761
6. Maryland 616
7. Wisconsin 604
8. Michigan 539
9. North Carolina 503
10. Minnesota 372

Can't think who may have been visiting from Texas :mrgreen:

- Plato