Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Re: Right Now

Post by Rebecca (: »

Szepilona wrote:not ready for school tomorrow... :(
Hope it goes well! :D
My first 3 days were surprisingly uneventful, which I guess is a good thing! Although, the amout of homework is quite horrific, espically for the first week! I am happy though, that some of my photography was already choosen for the 9/11 memorial showcase! I was so shocked to hear that! Hope you have a fantastic day! You as well, Emma, when you start!
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Rebecca (: wrote:
Hope you have a fantastic day! You as well, Emma, when you start!
Thanks a lot! I didn't start my summer reading yet though, which is really a bad thing :? 2 300 page books in like a week or so.. Not very smart!
Everywhere around you
DeProfundis130

Post by DeProfundis130 »

Rebecca (: wrote:Didn't quite know where to share this, but today my dad an I were out at lunch, and sitting at the table next to us was none other than Sean Groombridge, Libera's North American tour organizer and organist! We talked to him a bit, but it was such a coincidence that we'd see him! :lol:

Rebecca;

In my middle years I came to discover that in truth; "There is no such thing as, Coincidence"

In the spirit of sharing Your delight, All I can offer is "Go Figure"!!

Peace, Gerald.
DeProfundis130

Post by DeProfundis130 »

maartendas wrote:As for wanting to see them badly but not being able - I am only hoping/wishing that one day I will get to attend a Libera concert in a church. That will be enough for me. That is my only Libera wish left. I have seen them twice in concert and celebrated Mass with them at St. Philip's also twice. For myself I wish nothing more and maybe my church concert won't ever be given. I can already live with that. It's a wish and if it will be possible I will take the opportunity and be so happy. But if not - then pity me but it's not important. I care most for them being able to sing where they are most succesful and what is best for them. I can be so happy and proud by reading and hearing about tours that I cannot be a part of myself.

I also say this because I 'know' and hope and pray that one day my life will be different from what it is right now. I am living a working life now, well, looking for work right now but still - I got my own apartment, my own things, my writing, my cat. But I have experienced a longing for a religious life - to live with a community of people without personal possessions but only living by faith, prayer and good deeds. A life in which attending a Libera concert, let alone abroad, is out of the question. So I know that when the day comes that this life will be a reality for me, I can no longer do the things I do now - attend choir concerts, buy CDs etc - chat and blog like I do now.

It may sound strange but it's the truth - I am living in "meantime" for some years now. And I don't know how long it will be from now. I only know that I am expecting at the horizon a point, or a moment when I know I will be ready, when I can answer that call and leave this life behind.

So - in all that perspective, I am so grateful for all that has been given me so far - because I know I can't keep any of it. Just like if I would keep living the life I lead now - you can't take a Libera concert with you. And even the boys change, grow up, new boys come etc. It's there, but fleeting. I am just grateful for the experiences and know that I have to let them go. So I know I can't grasp all that my heart desires all the time... My *real* heart's desire is waiting for me...
Maartendas;

Brian Wilson's words come to mind as to all that; "WOW< WOW"

God Speed, and as I am sure you are already aware of one of my favorite quotes; "Be Still, And Know That I Am God". !!!

Peace, Gerald.
DeProfundis130

Post by DeProfundis130 »

maartendas wrote:
whitetail1985 wrote:Right now I have a wonderful Drum and Bugle Corps practicing in my backyard for a performance tonight!!! Wonderful sounds of music, makes me wish I would have been a little more active in my marching band in Highschool. For those of you who don't know what a Drum Corps and Bugle Corps are here is a show I got to see in person back in 2006 the last year they held the Championships in Madison.
Wow :shock: That didn't look or sound anything like I expected :)
Btw Whitetail how big is your backyard? :)
This reminded me of some clips I once saw of Pachelbel's Canon being played by marching bands... Like this:

[youtube][/youtube]

(what's funny is that the only comment below this vid on YT is someone explaining that this song is actually called Sanctus :D)
Maartendas;

As surprising as this piece is, and its setting, it very much propounds to me what we have in Libera and where only it can be found; That pure, Angelic Sound that is only found in pre-Adolescent Males.

Peace, Gerald.
DeProfundis130

Post by DeProfundis130 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Congrats on your new feline friend.

Only one thing for it....

[youtube][/youtube]

Yorkie's favourite :wink:

Re: Name, call him 'Dave'.

Jiimy;
Fantastic. I wish the blonde youngster enjoyed it as the dark haired boy seemed to. I can't imagine Mr. P ever expecting that of any of the Libera youngsters

Peace, Gerald

PS: But then again, Who's to say? They might just be impish enough to be up for it. Perhaps as Comic Relief, and or it may even serve to make them yet more endearing.
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

emmaclaire wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:
Hope you have a fantastic day! You as well, Emma, when you start!
Thanks a lot! I didn't start my summer reading yet though, which is really a bad thing :? 2 300 page books in like a week or so.. Not very smart!
what books are they? What grade are you going into?
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Szepilona wrote:
emmaclaire wrote: Thanks a lot! I didn't start my summer reading yet though, which is really a bad thing :? 2 300 page books in like a week or so.. Not very smart!
what books are they? What grade are you going into?
The books are The Secret Life of Bees and Incantation. I'm going into 10th grade. But right now I'm in South Carolina and tomorrow I am driving home. I live on Long Island so it is a 13 hour drive so I can get some reading done there :) Also the path of Hurricane Irene is supposed to hit Long Island pretty badly around Sunday soo, maybe some reading there, too. :) Good luck on your first day today!
Everywhere around you
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

2300 pages in a few days? Hmm, that sounds tough!

I'm sitting at the lake right now.
Enjoying the peaceful atmosphere 8)
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Murkskis wrote:2300 pages in a few days? Hmm, that sounds tough!

I'm sitting at the lake right now.
Enjoying the peaceful atmosphere 8)
Oh, no! One book is 300 and the other 192. Definitely not 2300!

So according to the weather channels, Hurricane Irene is going to be the worst storm seen in the northeast of the United States in years.
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlsto ... large.html. If you look at that link, right above the word THIS that's Long Island. Things don't look too good.
Everywhere around you
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Oh my! I do hope everything is okay!
We got POUNDED by both Rita and Ike a few years back.. I can tell you, it's not fun. Probably the most terrifying thing ever. Really hope you stay safe. Also, I haven't finished my summer reading either :lol: luckly I have until September 13th!
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Rebecca (: wrote:Oh my! I do hope everything is okay!
We got POUNDED by both Rita and Ike a few years back.. I can tell you, it's not fun. Probably the most terrifying thing ever. Really hope you stay safe. Also, I haven't finished my summer reading either :lol: luckly I have until September 13th!
Thanks so much! So many states have declared a State of Emergency, so it's scary! And yeah, I have until that time too. Thank God!!
Everywhere around you
sf@gnum

Post by sf@gnum »

Good time of day, fellows!
maartendas wrote:Tell us more about your experience with the pigs and rescuing the cat! :D (you're a hero :) )
Oh, what am I a hero? Just this is the sacred duty of each - save the one who can still be saved! Image

The story was.
I came to visit my friend, he is the caretaker farm.
In fact, he's a musician, and works caretaker farm. Image Well, we rehearsed enough at night and by morning it was time to take on chores.
On this farm there are pigs, and not an ordinary pig, but the Vietnamese - they are smaller and gray in color. Such fun)))
except adult pigs have a few more piglets. These generally lovely))
When we went to the barn for grain, my friend showed me a mouse, which climbed last week in a vat of grain, and jump out since then and can not.
Eaten because it was heavy, and because the food in a vat awful lot, she did sit there whole week. Image
That morning, he decided that the time has come to her cat for breakfast.
Cat ate it, and while we went to water of chickens and ducks, the cat ate some rat poison that was spread out on the floor. Image
We could not give any medicine, because there was nothing, and the nearest pharmacy is 8 km from the farm.
But we found a way out! :!:
First, we washed his mouth with water from the remnants of the poison. Then I pulled out of the oven burnt piece of wood, separated from his wood charcoal, pound to a powder that piece, added water, and fed the resulting mass of the cat.
Thus, the cat survived, although the following 3 hours severely tortured...
But now as healthy as if nothing had happened! Image
such a story Image
sf@gnum

Post by sf@gnum »

And we have yesterday was a holiday, Independence Day of Ukraine, I was invited to provide musical accompaniment for a single event. And when I'm at 3 o'clock came to the house, I discovered that the front door closed and I can not enter Image
Well, I knocked a bit and shouted, but, apparently, everything is so "celebrated " no one could hear nothing.
I had to sleep on the street, sitting on a bench near the house. Image
And the nights are cold. But to me it's happiness in the form of a small stray kitten. I fed him potato chips and bread, we hugged and slept so before 7 am Image
So, as you can see, the cats in my life occupy very much space! Image
=Cats forever!=