Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Re: Right Now

Post by Murkskis »

maartendas wrote:made tea and started reading the forum with my cat on my lap, really tired but also grateful. What a day...
Wow, you had a very active day!
It was raining here in Riga for a few hours as well. I had a chance to feel it properly as I was on my bike and got pretty soaked! :lol: But the weather was warm - some +23°C so I didn't care too much :D
And my cat also sometimes joins me in evenings when I'm browsing the forum, Youtube or other endless corners of the web :)
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Shutting down the server and the PCs. :D

The next 14 days I'm living on a houseboat. I hope that I will find from time to time a hotspot to read some news about the concerts but.... :roll:

Well, don't worry - there is a CD-Player on board and I got the right CDs with me :lol:

Talk to you in August :mrgreen:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

viabuona wrote:Shutting down the server and the PCs. :D

The next 14 days I'm living on a houseboat. I hope that I will find from time to time a hotspot to read some news about the concerts but.... :roll:

Well, don't worry - there is a CD-Player on board and I got the right CDs with me :lol:

Talk to you in August :mrgreen:
Anywhere exciting that man? Have a good holiday and see you in August.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Enjoy the break viabuona and see you in August.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Have a nice time Tony!
Can't guess at what CD's you will have :roll:

It will make a nice change to be reading some concert reviews instead of trying to write them ;)

Speak to you in August :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Have a good time and see you in August :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

What is occurring in August ? :)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

fan_de_LoK wrote:What is occurring in August ? :)
Just a few concerts :wink:
And even more importantly, we expect that Tony will be back in August :mrgreen:
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Right now I'm really upset because I'm pretty sure I'll not be able to see Libera when they come. It just isn't in my budget to travel at this time. I just bought my first house so all the extra cash I did have went towards the down payment, and on top of that I just got a couple thousand dollars worth of medical bills that I have to take care of soon. But I'm gonna try and take a small loan out at work so I could maybe still afford it.
Dennis
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

whitetail1985 wrote:Right now I'm really upset because I'm pretty sure I'll not be able to see Libera when they come. It just isn't in my budget to travel at this time. I just bought my first house so all the extra cash I did have went towards the down payment, and on top of that I just got a couple thousand dollars worth of medical bills that I have to take care of soon. But I'm gonna try and take a small loan out at work so I could maybe still afford it.
I would say, don't be upset.

At times, we have to prioritise our Lives, as much as we all love Libera, Libera must not take precedence over our daily lives. If we have the time and a little spare cash, then its fine to take time out to see some concerts. What you must consider, is the bigger picture. You own your house, there will be other opportunities for Libera concerts in the future. For now you can sit back and relax in your own home and listen to some Libera on CD and take great pleasure from reading others concert reports. What are the other options.

Not getting the medical care.
Not owning your own house.

I would say that a bit of a no brain er, so cheer yourself up and look to future concerts. If they have such a big fan base there then I'm pretty sure they will return next year and if they do, USA will be for me also next year :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

As for wanting to see them badly but not being able - I am only hoping/wishing that one day I will get to attend a Libera concert in a church. That will be enough for me. That is my only Libera wish left. I have seen them twice in concert and celebrated Mass with them at St. Philip's also twice. For myself I wish nothing more and maybe my church concert won't ever be given. I can already live with that. It's a wish and if it will be possible I will take the opportunity and be so happy. But if not - then pity me but it's not important. I care most for them being able to sing where they are most succesful and what is best for them. I can be so happy and proud by reading and hearing about tours that I cannot be a part of myself.

I also say this because I 'know' and hope and pray that one day my life will be different from what it is right now. I am living a working life now, well, looking for work right now but still - I got my own apartment, my own things, my writing, my cat. But I have experienced a longing for a religious life - to live with a community of people without personal possessions but only living by faith, prayer and good deeds. A life in which attending a Libera concert, let alone abroad, is out of the question. So I know that when the day comes that this life will be a reality for me, I can no longer do the things I do now - attend choir concerts, buy CDs etc - chat and blog like I do now.

It may sound strange but it's the truth - I am living in "meantime" for some years now. And I don't know how long it will be from now. I only know that I am expecting at the horizon a point, or a moment when I know I will be ready, when I can answer that call and leave this life behind.

So - in all that perspective, I am so grateful for all that has been given me so far - because I know I can't keep any of it. Just like if I would keep living the life I lead now - you can't take a Libera concert with you. And even the boys change, grow up, new boys come etc. It's there, but fleeting. I am just grateful for the experiences and know that I have to let them go. So I know I can't grasp all that my heart desires all the time... My *real* heart's desire is waiting for me...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

whitetail1985 wrote:Right now I'm really upset because I'm pretty sure I'll not be able to see Libera when they come. It just isn't in my budget to travel at this time. I just bought my first house so all the extra cash I did have went towards the down payment, and on top of that I just got a couple thousand dollars worth of medical bills that I have to take care of soon. But I'm gonna try and take a small loan out at work so I could maybe still afford it.
Congratulations on getting your first home, Dennis! That's so exciting! Sorry about the medical bills. Hope you are OK. And I don't want you to have any money stresses, but do hope you can make it to Chicago. We'll miss you otherwise. :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
javerylibe

Post by javerylibe »

A man with whom I interviewed for a teaching and tutoring position called back a bit earlier today in order to offer me a second interview—which is good—but said that I need to change the way I dress in order to appeal to his 'more conservative' clientele. I could understand a comment like that if I had turned up in shorts and a hoodie, but I wore a suit and a tie when I met the man, and he's only seen me that once.

So right now, I'm a bit confused and wondering if I should go into Interview No. 2 in full academic dress. :roll:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

javerylibe wrote:A man with whom I interviewed for a teaching and tutoring position called back a bit earlier today in order to offer me a second interview—which is good—but said that I need to change the way I dress in order to appeal to his 'more conservative' clientele. I could understand a comment like that if I had turned up in shorts and a hoodie, but I wore a suit and a tie when I met the man, and he's only seen me that once.

So right now, I'm a bit confused and wondering if I should go into Interview No. 2 in full academic dress. :roll:
What was he wearing at the first interview?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
javerylibe

Post by javerylibe »

Yorkie wrote:
javerylibe wrote:A man with whom I interviewed for a teaching and tutoring position called back a bit earlier today in order to offer me a second interview—which is good—but said that I need to change the way I dress in order to appeal to his 'more conservative' clientele. I could understand a comment like that if I had turned up in shorts and a hoodie, but I wore a suit and a tie when I met the man, and he's only seen me that once.

What was he wearing at the first interview?
I didn't even think to make note of it. I don't remember him wearing a tie, but I could be wrong. If that's the case, though, perhaps I was dressed too 'severely'? He said that I needed to look 'more like a tutor' but couldn't tell me what that meant or what he would like me to change. :?