hi! im new!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

emmaclaire

hi! im new!

Post by emmaclaire »

Hello! My name is Emma! I am new to the website entirely. I am 14 years old. I am from New York in the USA. I am a huge Libera fan. I'll do a quick brief on how I was introduced into Libera. In 8th grade last year, we were watching this video in school, featuring Libera's song Far Away. [youtube][/youtube] (sorry you have to watch it on youtube.) Some of the girls even started to cry! But anyway, I am very curious and I thought the song was gorgeous, so I went home and looked it up. I found out the group was Libera and I bought the song on iTunes. Soon after I started listening to every ther song. So I have like, 68 songs on my iPod of theirs now. I've never been to a Libera concert before because my parents and little sister think Libera isn't for kids my age. The laugh every time they see my listening to Libera. So it is extremely frustrating. Could any of you give me advice on how to approach my parents to let me go?! That would be great! So yeah, uuhh. Thank you! :D
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: hi! im new!

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Emma and welcome to the forum - that song was my first Libera song too. I don't think I'm really the right person to give you advice on how to talk to your family but we have a few fans your age on here so maybe they will help.

The main thing is you can always talk to other people that feel the same way as you do on here so feel free to post away and join in the chat.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Hi Emma and welcome.

You have come to the right place to talk about Libera. Also you will find all the latest news here. :P
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hey Emma! Welcome! :D I'm Rebecca, as you can see from my username ;D, and I'm 14 as well!(althoguh, I'm one of the only other fans this age, in the US at least!) :D
As for advice, to go to my first concert I pretty much just had to beg... I got laughed at as well at first, by all 3 of my siblings, but with time they just learned to except it. I do come from a classical/choral music family, but even my parents thought it was weird that a teenage girl would spend her time listening to a boys choir instead of the latest pop singer. It did take me 3 years to convince them to take me to a concert, but I think it was worth it.. ask anyone who was there and they'l say how in shock I was... :roll: I really hope you get to go to a concert soon, and that your family will become Libera fans! :D

---
Oh! I just realized that we've talked before! Well anyways, hi again!
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Hi Emma! Hope you'll enjoy it here! But I'm sure you will :lol:
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Hi Emma ! Welcome on Dreams! :D

I also can't understand why so many people think that only popstars deserve attention :roll:
Whatever, you will meet here a lot of fans that can truly appreciate Libera's music!
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Hi Emma, welcome at Libera-Dreams. :D
Well, the best you convince your mother or dad to accompany you to a concert. Libera has then one fan more :lol:
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

Welcome to the forum Emma. Enjoy your time here.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Hey! Emma! Hope to get to know ya a bit....! Have an amazing moment!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Hi Emma. Welcome to the forum. Hope you had a great time here :)

Charmaine
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Welcome Emma, and as you have noticed people here are very friendly ;) Hope you have a good time here.

I'm surprised your family feels that way about Libera - I would say Libera has a lot more to offer to young kids than most mainstream artists. But just shrug your shoulders about that and enjoy Libera together with other fans :) and feel free to join in the discussions :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

I just want to thank all of you for being so supportive to me. I learned today that I really can't tell my family about Libera. So thank you so much!
Everywhere around you
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Wow! That's really sad.....I'm really sorry...........
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Hi, Emma! I think you're the one I e-mailed, right? Glad you joined the forum! It's fun to share your enthusiasm for Libera with other people. Hope you really like it here! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Lauren wrote:Hi, Emma! I think you're the one I e-mailed, right? Glad you joined the forum! It's fun to share your enthusiasm for Libera with other people. Hope you really like it here! :D
Yeah I am! Thanks so much for making me feel welcome everybody! I am in the working progress of asking my mom to let me go to these concerts. Even though they are 1227 miles away, I still want to go!
Everywhere around you