Other Choirs, Singers, Musicians that you like

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Other Choirs and/or Singers that you like

Post by fan_de_LoK »

maartendas wrote:If anyone has seen it, please let us know how it was and if it's possible to see it online.
Of course it's possible to see it live, even being abroad from UK, as it's possible to see the SoP :)
Per example with TVO (french site, sorry for that) ;)

About the broadcast : Interesting indeed :)
I liked the long chapter devoted to the song "Jerusalem"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Yes, a good show. I could try and rip it from iPlayer later and upload it if you don't manage to watch it elsewhere. And Maartendas, is that really the first time you heard Zadok? Much loved by the counter-tenor's of course as it is really a tour de force for their range.
Last edited by Yorkie on Fri May 27, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
maartendas wrote:If anyone has seen it, please let us know how it was and if it's possible to see it online.
Of course it's possible to see it live, even being abroad from UK, as it's possible to see the SoP :)
Per example with TVO (french site, sorry for that) ;)

About the broadcast : Interesting indeed :)
I liked the long chapter devoted to the song "Jerusalem"
Hi F_D_L - you don't often venture in to these parts, you haven't belatedly caught the choir bug have you? I've still not forgiven you for taking a dislike to my favourite Christmas Carols CD by Kings :wink:

Jerusalem is without doubt England's favourite hymn (well, it's mine and that's pretty much the same thing isn't it).

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yorkie wrote:Yes, a good show. I could try and rip it from iPlayer later and upload it if you don't manage to watch it elsewhere. And Maartendas, is that really the first time you heard Zadok? Much loved by the counter-tenor's of course as it is really a tour de force for their range.
Pleasw do. We don't get that sort of stuff on this side of the big ditch.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Hey Yorkie, Yes that was the first time I heard Zadok - I had heard the name of the song just never listened to it. I may sound sometimes like a choir geek - which I am ;) - but still a very new one ;) So lots to discover for me.

If it's not too much hassle I would appreciate if you could upload for me. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere first though, will post the link if I do.

F_D_L: It's good to know I can watch it live, next time I'll try :) (I couldn't have watched it anyway last night as I had to leave for an appointment right after I had posted about the show ;))
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:Hey Yorkie, Yes that was the first time I heard Zadok - I had heard the name of the song just never listened to it. I may sound sometimes like a choir geek - which I am ;) - but still a very new one ;) So lots to discover for me.
Well, better late than never as they say. There is some info about this in the show.
maartendas wrote:If it's not too much hassle I would appreciate if you could upload for me. I'll see if I can find it elsewhere first though, will post the link if I do.
It isn't showing yet on my download programme; it can take a few days. The show is an hour and a half long so it'll probably be easier to upload to a file sharing site than to try putting it on Youtube.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I spent some time today making two videos from the Roden Boys Choir CD I got this week. Hope you enjoy! :)

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

maartendas wrote:I spent some time today making two videos from the Roden Boys Choir CD I got this week. Hope you enjoy! :)

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
You did a wonderful job with these videos.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Wow!!! Loved em!!! Great Job!!! JesusPeace!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

symphonica7 wrote:Wow!!! Loved em!!! Great Job!!! JesusPeace!!!
Oh I didn't create them. Maartendas did! Unless you were just cheering my name for the heck of it. :lol:
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

jesuspeace34 wrote:
Oh I didn't create them. Maartendas did! Unless you were just cheering my name for the heck of it. :lol:

Great job Maartendas!!!! And Thanks for your awesome kind words on my last Libera video!!!!!!

And yeah JesusPeace that was a shout out just for you!!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

symphonica7 wrote:
jesuspeace34 wrote:

Great job Maartendas!!!! And Thanks for your awesome kind words on my last Libera video!!!!!!

And yeah JesusPeace that was a shout out just for you!!!!
Awwwww, I'm touched! :oops:

"SYMPHONICA7"!!!!!!! :D :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Ordered my copy today.......

[youtube][/youtube]

The next album I'm not so fond of:

[youtube][/youtube]

The third one is more to my liking:

[youtube][/youtube]

Mercy & Love
exultate

Post by exultate »

Hello
This is Connie Talbot. She was in BGT 2007. This song is her version of Adele Someone Like You [youtube][/youtube] :)
The music is everywhere. All you have to do is listen.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie - hey that's nice, I intend to purchase the Maria vespers someday soon :) I had a nice e-mail correspondence with their webmaster because I tried to purchase that CD online only to find out you needed a credit card, which I don't have, and then canceled my order to see for further possibilities at a later moment. But I had already put my e-mail address in one of the fields of the order form and the webmaster contacted me about the canceled purchase and asked if I maybe needed help with anything. So I explained, and he replied with a very friendly and helpful e-mail including an alternative order form and contact details of the choir and of their choir director (who I had actually e-mailed with in March, shortly before I left for London, when I had contacted the choir to ask if the CD might be available in shops in the UK). So, all in all very friendly, and also grateful for my interest in the choir. I love the fact that I can make them feel appreciated in what they do. I also felt that way, and a little proud ofcourse, when the Roden Boys Choir used some of my pictures on their site.

Exultate - welcome to the forum! Love your username and avatar :) Feel welcome to introduce yourself in the Newbies section on this forum ;) It's nice to see a fan from yet another European country here :) Libera's fanbase is growing ever more international :) And yes, I remember Connie - her audition is in my Feel Good videos list on YT ;) (that I need to officially compile one day, in order to have them all together - maybe I could post a link in the Fun Stuff section once I have.. ;))