Top 10 Libera songs Spring 2011

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

BrightEyes
Silver Member

Re: Top 10 Libera songs Spring 2011

Post by BrightEyes »

Hey Gang,

I've been away for a while, but could not resist this thread.

I hope you've all been doing well, and it's nice to see so many new members.

I like these topics because they give all of us the chance to talk about the songs we love best. So sticking just to Libera, here are some of my favorites:

1. Time
2. Sanctissima
3. We Are the Lost
4. Agnus Dei
5. Stay With Me
6. Going Home (with Michael Horncastle)
7. Ave Virgo
8. Be Still My Soul
9. Far Away
10. May The Road Rise Up

But I love the St Philips boys too, so here's some more wonderful music from Angel Voices 1, 2, and 3:

1. Sailing
2. San Damiano
3. Bright Eyes
4. Evening Falls
5. Always There
6. Sailing
7. Close Every Door To Me
8. Bailiero
9. Walking in the Air
10. Pie Jesu

Anyhow it is good to be back talking about Libera again :) I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'll need you guys to fill me in on the latest news.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

BrightEyes wrote:Hey Gang,

I've been away for a while, but could not resist this thread.

I hope you've all been doing well, and it's nice to see so many new members.
Welcome back BrightEyes :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Good to see you're back, BrightEyes :)
Latest news?? Well, let's see - how about... a succesful Canadian tour, a movie soundtrack (Libera singing on the Mark McKenzie soundtrack for The Great Miracle), another movie collaboration (Venus in Eros with some of the Libera boys acting in it and Libera songs on the soundtrack) and a new mini-album in Japan Miracle of Life, with new song and video Song of Life :D All this since Epsom. Now we're just waiting for any news regarding another tour and a new release. Anticipation is always high... which is why these topics come in handy in the meantime ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

The Lamb

the voice sound sooooo young on that one. I think 'favorites' change all the time depending on which CD you are listenign too at the time. Soemthign 'registers' and........ I love to listen to the same song twice in a row by different soloists or even era's of the choir. Every time there is something different, not better that would be so wrong to say that, different, wonderful.
I guess like everyone here IK just love Libera
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Good to see you're back, BrightEyes
Latest news?? Well, let's see - how about... a succesful Canadian tour, a movie soundtrack (Libera singing on the Mark McKenzie soundtrack for The Great Miracle), another movie collaboration (Venus in Eros with some of the Libera boys acting in it and Libera songs on the soundtrack) and a new mini-album in Japan Miracle of Life, with new song and video Song of Life All this since Epsom. Now we're just waiting for any news regarding another tour and a new release. Anticipation is always high... which is why these topics come in handy in the meantime
Thanks Paul and Maarten :D It's good to be back. I've missed you guys!

I'm sorry I was away from the boards so long. That is quite a lot of news and I see there's so much new music, that my top 10 for Libera may have to change soon. :D

But the St. Philips Boys Choir music is timeless - sort of like golden oldies. I could never leave those songs out of a top 10.

I appreciate the update, Maarten. 2011 looks to be like a special year for Libera :D I hope you enjoyed Epsom.

Oh and Kay, I liked "The Lamb" too, for that same reason. Mini-Ben did a fine job there. In the same way "Touch the Sky" from Time, with James Mordaunt.

Another previous soloist from many years back, Liam O'Kane had several tracks where his voice sounded noticably younger than the other boys. You may want to check out "Close Every Door to Me" from Angel Voices 2.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

I did say my list changes all the time. These last few days, before taking Sunny out for his last walk of the evening we (my wife and I) have been watching Peace videos. Time has become a firm favorite, and would now easily make my list.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
jols

Post by jols »

really hard to choose but here is mine :D

1. HEAVEN
2. SONG OF LIFE
3. FAR AWAY
4. LIBERA
5. SANCTUS
6. BAYAN KO
7. TIME
8. EXSULTATE
9. YOU WERE THERE
10. STAY WITH ME
Josh: Everyone in Libera has their own personality and their own way of singing. But when we come together, we become..... LIBERA
emmaclaire

Post by emmaclaire »

Top 10 songs?
1. Love and Mercy
2. Song of Life
3. Time
4. Far Away
5. Eternal Light
6. Going Home (Michael's version)
7. Orinoco Flow
8. You Were There
9. Lead Kindly Light
10. Touch the Sky

lol.
I thought I'd add that today on my English final we had to write an essay about the poem they gave us. The poem was "Do not Stand at my Grave and Weep" .. I couldn't help but sing it in my head!
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Okay, it's no longer Spring ;) but I didn't want to start a whole new topic again.

My reason for coming back to this thread was my listening to Sancte tonight. I just needed to hear that song and it just symbolised and brought together everything I love about Libera and all that they stand for. I have sometimes doubted whether it should be in my top 10 but I realised it deserves to be there forever as I think it is perfect. I needed to hear a prayer song like this tonight and I also feel the world needs to hear this. Sancte is a prayer to the Holy Spirit to come. The Holy Spirit brings light and comfort and all good things in the world. Hope. Faith. Love. It is a song that expresses how I can feel about the world and my own life sometimes. Today was one of those times. Today was one of those days where I just kept getting stuck in myself. And just before calling it a day and going to bed, dissatisfied, feeling no peace, I remembered this song and played it. And everything fell into place. I felt the plea for the Holy Spirit to come, but at the same time I also felt the joy and wonderful things of the Holy Spirit, in the voices and the instruments. Everything just came together, in a perfect composition, and because of that, it's now in my top 10 of all time :D

And so, here it is, my top 10 favourite Libera songs, of which there's no discussion possible. At All. Ever. None. :lol: :wink: (mostly for very personal reasons, like the one I just described above)

Locus iste/Sanctus
Going Home
Song of Life
Ave Maria (Caccini) (I prefer the Luminosa version but I love Tom Cully's solo on New Dawn as well)
Evening Falls (St. Philip's Boys Choir, I know, but I'm allowed to *cheat* in my own top 10 :lol: )
Stay With Me
Lament
Sancte
Faithful Heart
The Fountain
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

LOL yes i know its not Spring anymore, but im not sure where im supposed to write my fav. songs so here we go :D

1. Sancte
2. song of Life
3. Adoro te
4. O Sanctissima
5. Faithful Heart'
6. Panis Angelicus
7. Air (on G string)
8. Ave Maria (Connor's version)
9. I vow to thee my country
10. Voca Me

:mrgreen: yeah....:D Libera is amazing
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

Ok, let it be known that I absolutely ADORE every Libera song!!!! :D :)
So I'm not putting any numbers on my list-- all of these are equal for me. But some of my favorites are:

Libera (Liam's version 8) )
Sancte
Time
Lullabye (yeah...)
Recordare
Vespera
Silencium
Veni Sanctus
Fountain
Song of Life

And, not meaning to go against the object of this topic, but I have some more....

Lead, Kindly Light
Sanctissima
Mother of God.....

in short, every Libera song. :D
I really like the powerful Libera songs... the ones that are dramatic. But I'm never not in the mood for a Libera song!
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"