SERVER AND NETWORK ISSUES

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I think most of the pictures are still there in the gallery. The media we can replace. I know he was having a bit of a problem with EMI telling him which videos he could use and at one time he had to remove a lot of them. I don't know what their policy is now. At some point we may have to make contact with them to clarify their policy.

Say, isn't there some EMI intern (andiemusic 27) poking around in the General Chat forum asking questions about how fans get exposure to Libera? Maybe we could talk to that guy and use him as our contact? Send some of the girls over to run their hands through his hair.

It seems to me we also have some talented sketch artists who might be persuaded to contribute some graphic art to the home page.

You know, I don't understand how a website can be abandoned and still be up and operating, I'd think that if I were a server owner and knew that a "tenant" had vacated I'd want to erase the thing and re-lease the "space".

To think, all this time we've been squatters.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

TullyBascombe wrote:I think most of the pictures are still there in the gallery. The media we can replace. I know he was having a bit of a problem with EMI telling him which videos he could use and at one time he had to remove a lot of them. I don't know what their policy is now. At some point we may have to make contact with them to clarify their policy.

Say, isn't there some EMI intern (andiemusic 27) poking around in the General Chat forum asking questions about how fans get exposure to Libera? Maybe we could talk to that guy and use him as our contact? Send some of the girls over to run their hands through his hair.
It seems to me we also have some talented sketch artists who might be persuaded to contribute some graphic art to the home page.

You know, I don't understand how a website can be abandoned and still be up and operating, I'd think that if I were a server owner and knew that a "tenant" had vacated I'd want to erase the thing and re-lease the "space".

To think, all this time we've been squatters.

Already contacted him ;)

Yes squatters we have been.

as for wanting to remove this site to free up space and resources. A site like this would have minimal impact on a rented server and could easily go unnoticed even if it had a 1000 active members. With the low cost of disk space and bandwidth, I'm sure its not even been considered, I'm sure it would have been deleted once the domain renewal notification was received by Mark. As for the media, Mark has informed me that Kevin has removed all media from the server. We will have to rebuild the site and media repository from scratch. With many who could contribute, we can have an in depth media repository in no time at all. Hopefully, EMI will be willing to release or allow up some publishing rights also. :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Do we have anyone skilled in web design? Like I said, I know we have a few artists.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

TullyBascombe wrote:Do we have anyone skilled in web design? Like I said, I know we have a few artists.
Well, I do graphic designs for other websites, but we might want someone else to do it instead, cause mine arent as good as some other peoples :)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Good news!

I now have all the information I need to manage and upgrade the forum.

Before I do anything, I want to fully test the update to ensure no problems will arise to the forum posts and user accounts.

For now nothing will change here, but I will be duplicating this forum to a test location. Once done, I will post up links and I would appreciate everyone's help in testing the functionality of the upgrade, as I mentioned, this will not effect anything here and I urge you all to keep posting as normal.

:)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Good news. We've lost quite a few fan sites in the last couple of years and the loss of Dreams would have been a blow - where else would all my fans go to read my thoughts :wink:

Just let us know what you need a hand with testing Paul.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Good news. We've lost quite a few fan sites in the last couple of years and the loss of Dreams would have been a blow - where else would all my fans go to read my thoughts :wink:

Just let us know what you need a hand with testing Paul.
This weekend, ill be converting the current site to an updated phpbb version, with many more features. I want this conversion to be as seamless as posible, so I need all the functions of a forum tested to makes sure all sections are available to post in, all user settings and custom avatars are in place. And most importantly all users can sign in to there accounts.

- Plato
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

good to hear that the forum will be on going :D
its always a good read and source of information
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Great job Paul !! :D

Be sure I will test the embed HTML, like having a Google map integrated to a post in the forum, or a 360° photo display :)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: SERVER AND NETWORK ISSUES

Post by TullyBascombe »

I've noticed that the semi-visibel Home page has been taken down. Yesterday when I tried to log on I got a blank page with "Forum" in the upper left hand corner. After wating for the Home page to appear for about a minute I clicked on "Forum" and waited for another minute, nothing happened. I tried again today a couple of times, finally the forum appeared. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. The delay between clicking on the link to the forum and the appearence of the forum is so long that it's difficult to know whether to wait or to assume that the website is down.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

The website has been taken down.
Also the hosting provider has been having problems.
Status.jpg
Status.jpg (217.53 KiB) Viewed 5050 times
Status.jpg
Status.jpg (217.53 KiB) Viewed 5050 times

- Plato
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yeah, seems to be okay now, although the forum has been very sluggish and crawling along at a snail's pace for me the last few days. Maybe it will get quicker when the problems have been resolved.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yeah, seems to be okay now, although the forum has been very sluggish and crawling along at a snail's pace for me the last few days. Maybe it will get quicker when the problems have been resolved.
Same here. I hope the server issues will be resolved.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

This evening when I linked to Libera Dreams I got the blank page then almost immediately an automatic jump to the forum. I gather that's supposed to happen until the home page is back up. The forum is much quicker too, so i guess the server's running better.

I wasn't criticizing, I just wanted you to know in case you weren't aware.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

It seems that I may have corrected the speed problems with Libera Dreams.
Is everyone finding the forum ok?

Hopefully there will be no more problems with speed.

- Plato