What are some songs you would love Libera to sing?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Rod Stewart's "Forever Young" might make a good song for them, though they might need to modify it considerably to fit their style. http://www.youtube.com/embed/yGEe_zpddNI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Alternatively it might make a good background track for someone wanting to make a video tribute to Libera.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

TullyBascombe wrote:Rod Stewart's "Forever Young" might make a good song for them,
Good choice. He sang this at Wednesday night's concert in Boston - and there is precedent with "Sailing" which sadly was not on Wednesday's set list.
kay
Silver Member

Songs

Post by kay »

I would love another version of Onward Christian Soldiers without the deep voices. I think the boys treble will carry the song. Every time I hear this it takes me back to when I began junior school at 7 years old. We didnt go into assembly then and I heard the, what seemed to me giant boys and girls, singing this, and it has remained a favourite of mine ever since.
Then I would also like to hear their interpretation of How Great Thou Art.
Keekii

Post by Keekii »

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested (it wouldn't surprise me if it had been) but I would love to hear Libera sing "In Dreams" from LOTR, just like Joseph McManners has done a cover of the song.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

liberavieve wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
LiberAeterna wrote: How's the Renaissance music album New College released (called Sancte Deus)?
Sorry, don't have that one but it's now on my Amazon wish list!
Stunning.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Back tracking on this thread a bit but this is indeed a fabulous album by a fantastic choir.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Carlo

Hallo...

Post by Carlo »

I Hope Libera Sing Eternal Source Of Light Divine (Handel), its really goosebumps me every time I heard this song, anyone know The Song And They Shall Protect Lyrics ???
AngeModerne

Post by AngeModerne »

Being a Michael Jackson Fan I Would Have to say
"We Are the World"
"Heal the World"
Those Two Would Probably Be Well Sang By Libera
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

AngeModerne wrote:Being a Michael Jackson Fan I Would Have to say
"We Are the World"
"Heal the World"
I've always wanted them to sing we are the world! When I was in 6th grade we sang a very nice version of it, and after hearing it I'm sure Libera could pull it off greatly! :)
AngeModerne

Post by AngeModerne »

Rebecca (: wrote:
AngeModerne wrote:Being a Michael Jackson Fan I Would Have to say
"We Are the World"
"Heal the World"
I've always wanted them to sing we are the world! When I was in 6th grade we sang a very nice version of it, and after hearing it I'm sure Libera could pull it off greatly! :)
OMG Yes They Would Probably Make Me forget that Michael Jackson composed the song, because after their version Orinoco flow i forgot who enya was, when shes the one who produced the song lol
labbie

Re: What are some songs you would love Libera to sing?

Post by labbie »

I have heard various choral versions, some by children's choirs, of "Hymn to Freedom" by the great Canadian musician Oscar Peterson. I am sorry that I don't know how to put a YouTube video into this post, but I am sure that it would be easy to find. The version I was listening to was lovely, and an arrangement for Libera would be wonderful.
emmaclaire

Re:

Post by emmaclaire »

Rebecca (: wrote:I think Mr. Prizeman could do something real special with this...

[youtube][/youtube]

that would be sooo beautiful! i was already picturing it in my head. lol.
i was thinking that this would be beautiful if they sang it! [youtube][/youtube]
Thoughts of love surrond you
Everywhere around you
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The Glasgow Love Theme is all instrumental - there's nothing to sing. There are a couple of outstanding songs on the soundtrack for that movie. I think Libera could sing the Beach Boys "God only knows...". Eva Cassidy's "Songbird" is another nice one, but I don't think it's their style. "All I want for Christmas...", "Clouds" and "The Trouble with Love" are also not really Libera material IMHO.

I could imagine Libera singing "All I Want for Christmas Is You" in a concert in Japan and starting a riot of Japanese girls.

You'll have to excuse me no. I've got to go dust off my copy of Love Actually and go watch it. It's one of my favorite movies.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

TullyBascombe wrote:The Glasgow Love Theme is all instrumental - there's nothing to sing.
So is Air by Bach ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

maartendas wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:The Glasgow Love Theme is all instrumental - there's nothing to sing.
So is Air by Bach ;)
What is it called when simple non-syllabic vocalizations are set to music like the arrangement of Libera's "Air"? I'm sure there must be a formal name, I don't know what it is. Would you envision something like that for the Glasgow Love Theme? I can't, but I could easily see someone setting a tender love song to it's melody. Come to think of it, why is it called the Glasgow Love Theme? I don't recall any part of the movie taking place in Glasgow, so was the theme written originally for some purpose ohter than this movie?

Not that Libera couldn't sing a love song. They've sang "Faithful Heart" and "Secret".
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Well it turns out that the author, Craig Armstrong is from Glasgow, so that settles how the tune got its name.

Thinking a little more about it I can imagine someone giving the Glasgow Love Theme the same treatment that Libera gave "Air". Libera could probably do a good job of it, though I think the work has an emotional complexity to it that Libera generally doesn't tackle. I say that because to me the theme summarizes the intricate web of stories that make up the whole of the movie, an intertwined mis of romance, silliness and the bittersweet.