The Great Miracle Soundtrack by Mark McKenzie with Libera!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

paopao

Post by paopao »

i know i'm so late but WOAH! listening to Benedictus Deus is the best minute spent in my life.. just got to love Stefan's solo at the beginning.
now i want this song in extended version, or being added into Libera's future release.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Erik Woods, the host and producer of the soundtrack radio show ’Cinematic Sound' has reviewed 'The Great Miracle' here @ 1:14.31 Although he's very enthusiastic he doesn't quite mention Libera in name. Still positive vibes all the same.

paopao wrote:just got to love Stefan's solo at the beginning.
now i want this song in extended version,
Quite right, I think we would all love an extended version of 'Benedectus Deus'
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Erik Woods, the host and producer of the soundtrack radio show ’Cinematic Sound' has reviewed 'The Great Miracle' here @ 1:14.31 Although he's very enthusiastic he doesn't quite mention Libera in name. Still positive vibes all the same.

paopao wrote:just got to love Stefan's solo at the beginning.
now i want this song in extended version,
Quite right, I think we would all love an extended version of 'Benedectus Deus'
Yep with Benedectus you just get into it and then its over. It is wonderful but needed an extra 1 min added to it :D
cinsoundradio

Post by cinsoundradio »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Erik Woods, the host and producer of the soundtrack radio show ’Cinematic Sound' has reviewed 'The Great Miracle' here @ 1:14.31 Although he's very enthusiastic he doesn't quite mention Libera in name. Still positive vibes all the same.
My apologizes for not mentioning the Libera Boys Choir. I didn't get any liner notes or PR with the promo album Mark McKenzie sent me.

-Erik-
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

cinsoundradio wrote:
My apologizes for not mentioning the Libera Boys Choir. I didn't get any liner notes or PR with the promo album Mark McKenzie sent me.

-Erik-
Hi Erik - no worries, I was just letting people know not to expect a direct link with Libera when they listened to it. I know details of the performers especially the adult choir are a bit thin on the ground. Thanks for taking the time to register here and provide feedback. I agree 100% with your review by the way. It's a memorable album. I've listened to it in full several times and would love to see a live performance of it some time.

P.S. I'm not sure of your contacts in the radio industry, but I'm sure Libera would be keen to respond to any invitation to be interviewed by local media ;) Although I'm not inside the circle, so something may have already been arranged in this respect.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I think this is common among choirs featured in a soundtrack. Off the top of my head, the choir that sang "Somewhere In My Memory" for the Home Alone soundtrack isn't known.
Keekii

Post by Keekii »

phlibera wrote:I think this is common among choirs featured in a soundtrack. Off the top of my head, the choir that sang "Somewhere In My Memory" for the Home Alone soundtrack isn't known.
This is actually too bad, as I would love to know the choirs behind such songs. It would be a good way to promote the choirs too. Btw I love Home Alone<3 and Somewhere in My Memory is one of my favorite Christmas songs!
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Me, too. "Somewhere In My Memory" is a favorite of mine, too. Maybe someday Libera will be featured in a Hollywood movie soundtrack where the songs are all English. :)
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

phlibera wrote:I'm beginning to think that the beginning solo is that of Ben.
The first couple of seconds sound like Ben, a little bit, but to me I think it sounds like Stefan's voice, especially when he says the words, "Benedictus Deus". Also I think it's Stefan because of the overall tone quality, like it sounds like a more traditionally-trained voice, and doesn't he sing in another choir besides Libera? His voice kind of reminds me of Ed Day's, a little bit. He kind of had that more traditional choirboy sound, in my opinion.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

phlibera wrote:I think this is common among choirs featured in a soundtrack. Off the top of my head, the choir that sang "Somewhere In My Memory" for the Home Alone soundtrack isn't known.
Are you sure? Hollywood is really fanatical about including every last person possibly involved with the making of a movie in their movie credits. I'll bet that if you rented the movie and closely examined the end credits you'd find the choir mentioned.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I have found a few images of the movie :)

This one fits perfectly with the cover of the MP3 album :)

More on the french forum ;)

jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

fan_de_LoK wrote: 
I have found a few images of the movie :)

This one fits perfectly with the cover of the MP3 album :)

More on the french forum ;)

wow i like the angels thats a good sotry is it a bout a girl who see angels or people going to heaven??
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I have also added a 3'25'' video composed with excerpts from the movie, found on the Imagica site, the companie that made the movie ! :)

Sorry, you must go to the french forum to see this video, I can't put it here, apparently the Libera Dreams forum cannot embed HTML... :?

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Thanks for the postings FDL

There are some realy powerfull images. I must try and get the movie.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yes, thanks. I take it that the movie will come out first in Spansh. We might have to wait for a translation/dubbed version.