A new mini album to be released in Japan?

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

It's a very beautiful song! Can't wait for the whole song!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dearmadine wrote:This really is a song of life that almost reconnected me to the long-lost memory of the very beginning of my life. It helped me imagine how things must have been when the song of my life formed as it finds the harmony (which would be my family). Then every word in this song becomes so personable and tears well up in my eyes as the chorus arrives. What a splendid 100-second that inspired me to appreciate all the great people I have in my life and the amount of love they have for me. Even the line, "Love plays along in our lives yet to come," how optimistic!
:D It's testimonies like these that really prove the worth of Libera as more than just the beautiful music.

For me Song of Life is also becoming one of my top favourite Libera songs already, and part of the reason for that are the lyrics. "There's a whisper in the dark as a new life comes to be" - it's like the beginning of creation. From a whisper to a tune, to harmony, to words that rhyme - where "another lends a tune and their voices now combine" - making the song together, a message of hope for the future... And Libera embodies all of that. "with the chorus of sound of the world all around" - So beautiful...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dearmadine wrote:Here's a 1:40-long preview clip of Song of Life uploaded by koma1380. Absolutely delightful I must say :D Can't wait for the full version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LM6RbnB87I
What a song 8) Thanks Inna :D
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

maartendas wrote:
dearmadine wrote:This really is a song of life that almost reconnected me to the long-lost memory of the very beginning of my life. It helped me imagine how things must have been when the song of my life formed as it finds the harmony (which would be my family). Then every word in this song becomes so personable and tears well up in my eyes as the chorus arrives. What a splendid 100-second that inspired me to appreciate all the great people I have in my life and the amount of love they have for me. Even the line, "Love plays along in our lives yet to come," how optimistic!
:D It's testimonies like these that really prove the worth of Libera as more than just the beautiful music.

For me Song of Life is also becoming one of my top favourite Libera songs already, and part of the reason for that are the lyrics. "There's a whisper in the dark as a new life comes to be" - it's like the beginning of creation. From a whisper to a tune, to harmony, to words that rhyme - where "another lends a tune and their voices now combine" - making the song together, a message of hope for the future... And Libera embodies all of that. "with the chorus of sound of the world all around" - So beautiful...
Aw Thank you maartendas! I can probably jolt down an essay when the full version comes out lol. I think Song of Life will give you another level of experience if you're religious. There's just so many beautiful metaphors. I can imagine how it will touch a religious person's heart :D
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The album cover shows a pregnant older lady and a younger lady standing beside her, so is the story about an older woman being the surrogate mother for the younger one?
lucyjubilate

Post by lucyjubilate »

TullyBascombe wrote:The album cover shows a pregnant older lady and a younger lady standing beside her, so is the story about an older woman being the surrogate mother for the younger one?
Yes, you are right. I read some introductions about this drama and the older lady was the younger one's mother. She decided to do this for her daughter for the young girl could not have children herself. The drama itself is quite short with only 6 episodes. And it seems that surrogacy is still a controversial issue in Japan so this drama is quite a brave take.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dearmadine wrote:
maartendas wrote:

Aw Thank you maartendas! I can probably jolt down an essay when the full version comes out lol. I think Song of Life will give you another level of experience if you're religious. There's just so many beautiful metaphors. I can imagine how it will touch a religious person's heart :D
Yes, I could write a lot more about it too :) I also love "we shall never be alone as we link our hearts in one" - those are words, when I hear them - or sing them to myself, as I have been doing a lot lately ;) - that I am reminded of their meaning and importance and that I want to try to live by them. The same goes for "a song begins to form as it finds the harmony" - that's practically a recipe for life..!! :) Often Libera songs remind me of values and beliefs that I hold dear, but tend to disappear in the busy or difficult day to day life, and they allow me to reflect on those things in a beautiful way. Their songs can comfort and reassure me, encourage me, inspire me... And just listening to Ralph sing this, with such joy and sweetness - gladness is actually the right word I think... it adds so much more to the meaning. You could read the lyrics as a poem, and take meaning from them, but hearing them, put into practice as it were, really makes them come alive.

And "the endless song of life" - yes I do see that in a religious way. It puts me in mind of the Jewish people in exile who sang their stories of how they believed God made the world, how they believed in God - the words of which we now know as the book of Genesis in the Bible. Words that were originally sung, generation after generation, in order to keep their faith alive - telling of the breath of God breathing life into man so that man may be happy and free. It is exactly this feeling that I get when I hear Song of Life (the "whisper in the dark" - which is the same whisper that starts any creative process to this day - whether it is writing a book, building a house, starting a friendship, etc). For me, there is a direct link between that first breath of God, that first dawn of life, and this song here, now. Libera's Song of Life is like an echo of that ancient song of life that is still being sung day after day, through us and by us, as notes on God's score.

That is how I see it, the way I would describe what I feel, how I feel about life and people. (Hey, I'm a poet, what would you expect ;-))
But - if you're not religious, I think you could get the same things from it as I do - you would just phrase them differently. Everyone has their own way (tradition) of talking about these things of life.

I know all of the above is a far cry from the subject matter of the TV series - although not really - if you think about surrogate motherhood as an example of how life is being passed on to a new generation, and how people can give such an important part of themselves to help someone else. It kind of fits the message of the lyrics.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Keekii

Post by Keekii »

I didn't know surrogacy was a controversial issue in Japan, but it is a little bit everywhere, right?

Well, back to Song of Life, am I the only one who wish this song will get a music video? I think it's quite possible that they'll make one, in order to promote the drama ^^ I really hope they will!
paopao

Post by paopao »

Keekii wrote:I didn't know surrogacy was a controversial issue in Japan, but it is a little bit everywhere, right?

Well, back to Song of Life, am I the only one who wish this song will get a music video? I think it's quite possible that they'll make one, in order to promote the drama ^^ I really hope they will!
i'm pretty sure you're not alone here, we all want a proper music video to accompany it, considering what they have done for Far Away and You Were There.

as for the Surrogacy issue, yes, some Asian countries (perhaps Japan too) do still find this issue a little "disturbing" to talk about publicly, sort of Taboo. something to do with eastern culture and religions, i think. :)
Grunthex

Post by Grunthex »

dearmadine wrote:Here's a 1:40-long preview clip of Song of Life uploaded by koma1380. Absolutely delightful I must say :D Can't wait for the full version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LM6RbnB87I
Sadly, the user seems to have removed the video, not sure why!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Latest from Libera EMI Japan put through the google translator;
<Started delivering> "The Miracle of Life" (Kino Kise life) PC 4 delivery / delivery start from 6New!!
Supposed to show postponed, will begin broadcasting 19 Series 4 NHK 10 "Verde Madonna" theme song "Miracle of Life" (Kino Kise life) of the PC and Narimashi June 4 Higai Hazime delivery or.
Your guess is as good as mine, I'm just wondering what that reference to June 4th is? Maybe a postponement of some kind?? Perhaps our friends from Japan can help?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
paopao

Post by paopao »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Latest from Libera EMI Japan put through the google translator;
<Started delivering> "The Miracle of Life" (Kino Kise life) PC 4 delivery / delivery start from 6New!!
Supposed to show postponed, will begin broadcasting 19 Series 4 NHK 10 "Verde Madonna" theme song "Miracle of Life" (Kino Kise life) of the PC and Narimashi June 4 Higai Hazime delivery or.
Your guess is as good as mine, I'm just wondering what that reference to June 4th is? Maybe a postponement of some kind?? Perhaps our friends from Japan can help?
Thanks Jimmy.
umm.. 4月6日 is actually April 6th, and i couldn't find anything related to June in the original text, so i think Google mistranslated it :)
not sure about the rest though. anyway, iTunes Japan has already displayed the song's runtime, which is 3:43. It's probably available to purchase for Japanese fans?
Here
Teyko

Post by Teyko »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Latest from Libera EMI Japan put through the google translator;
From April 6th. 'The song of Life' can D/L from some PC sites such as the iTune music store http://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/id425393876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've already downloaded the full song :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

paopao wrote:umm.. 4月6日 is actually April 6th, and i couldn't find anything related to June in the original text, so i think Google mistranslated it :)
ooops, silly google translator... I thought it was another delay :?
Teyko wrote:From April 6th. 'The song of Life' can D/L from some PC sites such as the iTune music store http://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/id425393876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've already downloaded the full song :D
Thanks Teyko - lucky you!! - I tried changing it to the Japan store, but still no luck for us outside the land of the rising sun. Hope they make it available soon for fans overseas. :)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Teyko

Post by Teyko »

JimmyRiddle wrote: Thanks Teyko - lucky you!! - I tried changing it to the Japan store, but still no luck for us outside the land of the rising sun. Hope they make it available soon for fans overseas. :)
Oh, I thought the iTune music store service is world wide.
I realy hope they make it available for outside Japan :?