Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Lexi wrote:
jennaluvspbr wrote:i just got a phone call from my aut in chicago they are haveing major snow this weekand boy what a srpries they get
Hi Jenna! Your aunt must live near me! I'm in Chicago, too! Yeah, we had off school today and tomorrow also. It's very windy, so the snow is blowing all around. We could get 2 feet of snow! :D
wow i wish u luck i did not know u live in chicago how nice my unt wants to take me on a cuires soon
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Rebecca (: wrote: Probably an inch :lol:
Just kidding, but I don't even think they have a set amount, since it's so rare that we get any at all. Last year we got about half an inch and we had an early dismassal... My mom called the district wipms, since she had grown up in London and Maryland. I think that was just to be nice though, cause half of us had ever seen snow!
Maryland?? We're pretty wimpy here too! :D The norm where I live is a couple of inches every year, with last year being the exception. :wink: It does get very icy here though, so schools are often delayed or closed because the roads are too dangerous to have so many buses on. The city I live in has a grand total of 2 real snow plows; all the rest are just construction equipment with a plow attached! :lol:
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Well the snow is just about done and this is what I've got to deal with... And chicago is much worse :lol: :lol: Image
Dennis
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Hi, Dennis! Good job digging out! Yup, it's still snowing here in Chicago. 20 inches so far. :shock:

Paul is out there snowblowing to his happy heart's content. I, however, never touch a shovel. It was part of the agreement when we got married that if I agreed to move up north, I would NEVER have to shovel snow. :wink: :D

Lauren
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hope you are all enjoyig your snow!
We have been experiencing power rolls all day, where they cut our cities power for 30 minutes at a time to give to other areas. Glad to be helping out :lol:
Things are looking very good for a late Thursday night/early Friday morning snow! Keeping our fingers crossed!
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Rebecca (: wrote:Things are looking very good for a late Thursday night/early Friday morning snow! Keeping our fingers crossed!

Would you like some of ours? :D

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Lexi wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:Things are looking very good for a late Thursday night/early Friday morning snow! Keeping our fingers crossed!

Yes please! :D
if we get any at all they have said from half an inch in an inch, so we will gladly take as much of yours as you'd like to get rid of!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Lexi wrote:

Can I have some too? Please? :lol:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

School is off for tomrorow! :D
They are expecting snow starting at midnight, and stopping by noon tomorrow! Light snow has fallen approximately only 35 times since 1895! We're only suposed to get 1 - 2 inches, but our roads are so unequiped for snow and ice that they have to close down school and many stores and offices.
I'm so extremely excited!!!! This is more snow that we have ever gotten!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Nicki wrote:Enjoy your day off! Has the snow started yet?

I started thinking earlier about what extreme temperatures we get in TX. Back when Libera performed here it was 108 degrees, and yesterday morning it was 7. Not too many places get to feel a 100 degree range of temperature :lol:

In other news, I have a feeling once we return to school we're gonna have to rush to make everything up and catch up, so I'd better get on that and start reading ahead.
Thanks! :D Not yet.. I'm sitting by the window waiting.. although I doubt I'll even be able to see it when it starts! I've asked my dad to wake me up early tomorrow, so that hopefully I can take some good pictures!

That's very true.. ours aren't that etreme, well, the high is - we hit 111* over the summer, but the coldest is only mid 20's. But yeah, not many states are like that! It makes us special! (plus how many other places can say they've been a part of 6 coutries? :lol: )

Oh yeah, that's true. How many day's have ya'll missed?
The district is trying to decide when our make up day will be.. a board member suggested over spring break... I was like "NO WAY!!! I'm gonna be in London watching Libera then and you can't make me come to school!!" I know my shouting didn't influence their decission, but they decided to not make it spring break. Funny that we have to make up one day, and we didn't have to make up anything when we were out nearly two weeks for Ike.
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Nicki wrote:Enjoy your day off! Has the snow started yet?

I started thinking earlier about what extreme temperatures we get in TX. Back when Libera performed here it was 108 degrees, and yesterday morning it was 7. Not too many places get to feel a 100 degree range of temperature :lol:

In other news, I have a feeling once we return to school we're gonna have to rush to make everything up and catch up, so I'd better get on that and start reading ahead.
Hey Nicki and Rebecca :)

I was born in Texas, but it's been a long time since I've been back there. Here in California it is in the 60's. I sure do not envy your single digit or triple digit temps. Out here I'm positively freezing if it gets down below 30 which is quite rare.
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Awwww this is disappointing... There hasn't been a single flake of snow... only lots of ice. Almost all roads are closed, so we're stuck in our neighborhood for a day or two. On the brightside, it's perfect photography weather! I've been outside all morning taking pictures. :D (Although now I'm freezing!!)
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Nicki wrote:Oh cool, what part are you from? :D I like the extremes, Idk why. And this snow is really nice, but I'm ready for summer now. Or at least spring!

It's been snowing since midnight, so here are a couple pics:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2793/snow1b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1823/snow2t.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (My poor car, it's been frozen there since early Tuesday morning...I should really go run it for a few minutes.)

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9806/snow3rz.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Lexi may have gotten a liiittle bit more than this ( :lol: ), but it's not too bad for TX!
Hard to believe we live in the same state!! That's a ton of snow :D

This is our street/part of the yard right now.. pretty wimpy!
BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Nicki wrote:Oh cool, what part are you from? :D I like the extremes, Idk why. And this snow is really nice, but I'm ready for summer now. Or at least spring!
I was born in Gainesville, which is a little town right on the Red River, bordering Oklahoma. It's a bit north of Dallas.

... and I agree with you, after Christmas is over, I've had enough of winter and I'm ready for spring.

Goshamighty!! That's a lot of snow for Dallas!!
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

You talk about snow, we had that kind of snow around Christmas! I can post a picture this weekend but it's about the same as what Lexi just showed. Not usual for our region (i.e. country ;)) though.

Right now there is massive wind blowing ever since last night - it's late at night again now too so stormy weather for almost 24 hours non stop now. 53 km/h apparently as we speak.

I'm going to get a friend of mine who has a machine for it to make me some Libera accessory buttons :) I'm wonderig what pictures to choose though. Maybe my avatar? the Peace album cover? or..?
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above