Right Now

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

BrightEyes
Silver Member

Post by BrightEyes »

Rebecca (: wrote: We used to have to sing this song in music class in school, almost everyday. Not the coke version - or the Libera CD one (oh how I wish!) but the actuall one... I got pretty annoyed of it!
Me too, Rebecca!

3rd Grade, Jennie Barker Elementary School, Garden City, Kansas.

We also got to sing such lovely gems as...

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head
King of the Road
Snowbird

You know I can't remember anything else about 3rd grade, but singing those songs... That I will never forget.

Oh and Nicki, I hope you feel better... Just stay inside, have some nice chicken soup and... listen to Libera.

That should make you all better :)
"How can the light that burned so brightly, Suddenly burn so pale?"
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hope you feel better Nicki! I'm starting to get better, the 13 hours of sleep last night probably helped!

Right now I just found out one of the head coaches of the high school just died. He was beat in a parking lot (with a bat?) and had his head smashed to the ground (this is what I heard) and was in icu suffering severe brain damages. RIP.
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Maartendas. Spanish chocolate - sounds really good!

Wow, Rebecca. That is so sad. I'm so sorry.

Hope you feel better Nicki. A lot of people around here are sick too.

We don't have school tomorrow and probably not on Wednesday either cause we're getting a blizzard starting tomorrow. Supposed to be 20-24 inches of snow! I love snow!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Lexi wrote:Maartendas. Spanish chocolate - sounds really good!

Wow, Rebecca. That is so sad. I'm so sorry.

Hope you feel better Nicki. A lot of people around here are sick too.

We don't have school tomorrow and probably not on Wednesday either cause we're getting a blizzard starting tomorrow. Supposed to be 20-24 inches of snow! I love snow!
It is.. I didn't know him but I still started crying a bit. Many of my friends from the football team were crying.. and they never do...

Oh lucky! Feel free to send some of that snow down here, where it is 80 degrees! :lol: Hopefully we'll be getting a cold front tomorrow night, but still no snow.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Rebecca (: wrote:
Right now I just found out one of the head coaches of the high school just died. He was beat in a parking lot (with a bat?) and had his head smashed to the ground (this is what I heard) and was in icu suffering severe brain damages. RIP.
Unbelievable :( I will remember him in my prayers tonight. I hope you and your friends can cope with this, it seems like a scary thing to go through. Best wishes.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

maartendas wrote:
Unbelievable :( I will remember him in my prayers tonight. I hope you and your friends can cope with this, it seems like a scary thing to go through. Best wishes.
Thank you so much. It's sad that someone would do such a thing.

Well, I just found out that it might snow on Friday! :D
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Nicki wrote:Awesome! How much snow does it take to cancel school down there?

They already cancelled it here for tomorrow, and there was no school today either. I'm relieved, because I still have a cold. It's pretty miserable, lol.
Probably an inch :lol:
Just kidding, but I don't even think they have a set amount, since it's so rare that we get any at all. Last year we got about half an inch and we had an early dismassal... My mom called the district wipms, since she had grown up in London and Maryland. I think that was just to be nice though, cause half of us had ever seen snow!
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

They already cancelled it here for tomorrow, and there was no school today either. I'm relieved, because I still have a cold. It's pretty miserable, lol.
Just kidding, but I don't even think they have a set amount, since it's so rare that we get any at all. Last year we got about half an inch and we had an early dismassal... My mom called the district wipms, since she had grown up in London and Maryland. I think that was just to be nice though, cause half of us had ever seen snow!
Hahah that's awesome!!
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

symphonica7 wrote:

Hahah that's awesome!!
i just got a phone call from my aut in chicago they are haveing major snow this weekand boy what a srpries they get
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

jennaluvspbr wrote:i just got a phone call from my aut in chicago they are haveing major snow this weekand boy what a srpries they get
Hi Jenna! Your aunt must live near me! I'm in Chicago, too! Yeah, we had off school today and tomorrow also. It's very windy, so the snow is blowing all around. We could get 2 feet of snow! :D
whitetail1985

Post by whitetail1985 »

Just got my call from work telling me to stay home too much snow is expected so there closing tonight :D I say there a bunch of wimps but I live only 4 Blocks from work where as most people live about 25 miles from work
Dennis
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

I hope everyone stays safe with the snow and all!
We are having a windstorm right now! Our hammock is spinning like crazy and the windchimes just went flying off the tree! I'm waiting for a huge brance to snap... Although I don't really want it to happen.. would remind me too much of Hurricane Ike...
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

whitetail1985 wrote:Just got my call from work telling me to stay home too much snow is expected so there closing tonight :D I say there a bunch of wimps but I live only 4 Blocks from work where as most people live about 25 miles from work
My dad is staying home from work tomorrow, too. He never misses work. But he's going to work from home. He's from Michigan and says he's never seen a snow storm this bad. It's the wind that makes it bad. We're having thunder snow, too! :shock:
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Rebecca (: wrote:I hope everyone stays safe with the snow and all!
We are having a windstorm right now! Our hammock is spinning like crazy and the windchimes just went flying off the tree! I'm waiting for a huge brance to snap... Although I don't really want it to happen.. would remind me too much of Hurricane Ike...
Thanks Rebecca. Hope you stay safe, too. My dad built a fire in the fireplace, and we're all watching a movie (while I'm IMing on my laptop). :lol:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Lexi wrote:
Rebecca (: wrote:I hope everyone stays safe with the snow and all!
Thanks Rebecca. Hope you stay safe, too. My dad built a fire in the fireplace, and we're all watching a movie (while I'm IMing on my laptop). :lol:
Thanks! :D That sounds nice! We had a fire earlier, but my dad just put it out, since it was time for my little siblings to get ready for bed. It's going to be very cold tomorrow morning! In the 20's! I guess I'll need to bundle up just for the 3 minute drive to school. :lol: