''Time''- new offical video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just got an email from management asking that we please either direct link or embed the video from EMI's page to our webpages and such, that way, we respect their rights and they receive the benefits of views and link clicks. We respect their wishes and we have removed our hard link to our file on the website to a direct link to the YouTube page and removed the video from our YouTube page.

This just shows how closely management and officials watch over this site. We are always in close contact with management and officials regarding any issues big or small. So please, we ask that you all respect their rights and do the same.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Going to tell us who in Libera management it is that is monitoring us Kevin? I'd like to know who the baleful eye of Big Brother belongs to!

And just for the record, I have no idea what all that there modern embedding links mumbo jumbo stuff means.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im assuming its all members of management, Andy just emails me and lets me know either what he sees or what other members of management sees. Either way, just know that this board, this entire network, is monitored.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, I've refined my attempt at the lyrics. Not 100% happy with the first line of the last verse but i'm pretty sure about the rest of it. Anybody want to comment?

I am the hours and moments of your yesterday
I am your time gone by
O'er days and ages fleeting, long since passed away
As endless years roll by.

I rise in the spark of life, the dawn of all time.
I call to the paths still yet to be
The music is everywhere
In life, in the sea and air, to join in the powerful song of all eternity.

I am the hours, the days and moments yet to come
Until the end of time
All the centuries and seasons that are still to run

I rise in the spark of life, the dawn of all time
The music is everywhere

The note of creation rings
And all in the heavens sing
The glorious song
Through all eternity.

I am the dawn of all time.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:Well, I've refined my attempt at the lyrics. Not 100% happy with the first line of the last verse but i'm pretty sure about the rest of it. Anybody want to comment?

I am the hours and moments of your yesterday
I am your time gone by
O'er days and ages fleeting, long since passed away

I rise in the spark of life, the dawn of all time.
The music is everywhere

I am the hours, the days and moments yet to come
Until the end of time
All the centuries and seasons that are still to run

I rise in the spark of life, the dawn of all time
The music is everywhere

The note of creation rings
And all in the heavens sing
The glorious song
Through all eternity.

I am the dawn of all time.

Seems about right :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I think you've got it right now.

I've been listening to the video over and again (just to check your work :D ) and I agree with the restoration of glorious in that troublesome last verse.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

lacrymosa2 wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:
Lot wrote: It's understandable but where's Flynn ? :D
He was in the video.
Which section was he at?
I watched the video slowly and I'm sure that neither Flynn nor Matthew was in it.

Other than Josh and Ben who stood alone, there seemed to be three groups.

The first had Sam, Freddie, the unknown black boy from the Christmas greetings (I do hope we get a name soon :oops: ) Sammy and James T.

The second contained Liam, Ralph, Alex, Ed, Alfie, James M, Kavana and Jakob.

The third had Tiarnan, Daniel, JB, Carlos and Henry in back and Stefan and Lot's unidentified chorister in front.

I have never seen Matthew perform live, but he doesn't look like the unknown chorister to me. I'm sure Flynn is missing because there wasn't anyone else in the video. :(

I'd be happy to be proved wrong on this because I have high hopes for Flynn in Libera. He has always been a pleasure to watch and I think he was starting to earn his spurs in last year's concerts. Would love to know who the two unknowns are but I suppose we will have to wait until April for that....
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

I really enjoy this song. In fact, it ties in to the concept of "O Sanctissima" by relying mostly on delicate instrumentals. Usually, I am not a fan when Rob Prizeman uses too much synthesizers on the piece or when he replaces the high notes in pieces like "Sanctus" or "Far Away" with Fiona Pears' violin, but the violin ties into this piece very well. Listening to it, I felt that the song had two features in common with "Voca Me", such as Josh's voice resembling Chris Robson and how the piece did not overly rely on synthesizers and drum machines. The difference of this piece compared to the other Libera repertoires, including "Voca Me", is that the choir only provides the "aahhs" and the soloists delivered majority of the lines and no Latin verses were used in this piece. Although I do like the Latin verses in some of their classic works.

Overall, I must say that Libera scored another five stars and kudos to Ian Tilley and Fiona Pears for creating this wonderful, original piece. Plus, it helps that Libera is the only junior music group I would listen to.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

lacrymosa2 wrote:I really enjoy this song. In fact, it ties in to the concept of "O Sanctissima" by relying mostly on delicate instrumentals. Usually, I am not a fan when Rob Prizeman uses too much synthesizers on the piece or when he replaces the high notes in pieces like "Sanctus" or "Far Away" with Fiona Pears' violin, but the violin ties into this piece very well. Listening to it, I felt that the song had two features in common with "Voca Me", such as Josh's voice resembling Chris Robson and how the piece did not overly rely on synthesizers and drum machines. The difference of this piece compared to the other Libera repertoires, including "Voca Me", is that the choir only provides the "aahhs" and the soloists delivered majority of the lines and no Latin verses were used in this piece. Although I do like the Latin verses in some of their classic works.

Overall, I must say that Libera scored another five stars and kudos to Ian Tilley and Fiona Pears for creating this wonderful, original piece. Plus, it helps that Libera is the only junior music group I would listen to.
I also thought the song resembles a bit of Voca Me but I think Josh's voice resembles Anthony's not Chris. hahaha
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

chix wrote:
lacrymosa2 wrote:I really enjoy this song. In fact, it ties in to the concept of "O Sanctissima" by relying mostly on delicate instrumentals. Usually, I am not a fan when Rob Prizeman uses too much synthesizers on the piece or when he replaces the high notes in pieces like "Sanctus" or "Far Away" with Fiona Pears' violin, but the violin ties into this piece very well. Listening to it, I felt that the song had two features in common with "Voca Me", such as Josh's voice resembling Chris Robson and how the piece did not overly rely on synthesizers and drum machines. The difference of this piece compared to the other Libera repertoires, including "Voca Me", is that the choir only provides the "aahhs" and the soloists delivered majority of the lines and no Latin verses were used in this piece. Although I do like the Latin verses in some of their classic works.

I also thought the song resembles a bit of Voca Me but I think Josh's voice resembles Anthony's not Chris. hahaha
Well, I guess I need to listen to Anthony's voice. I am familiar with Chris' voice, so that is why I pointed it out.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

lacrymosa2 wrote:
chix wrote:

Well, I guess I need to listen to Anthony's voice. I am familiar with Chris' voice, so that is why I pointed it out.
Is Anthony doing the "Lacrymosa, dolorosa..." part on "Voca Me"? If he is, then Josh does sound a lot like him, and I stand corrected.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I was away over the weekend so I missed the release. "P

First impressions...

I like it. I'll play it again and I'll probably like it even more. But I definitely loved Ben's chorus and was pleasantly surprised to see Josh do a solo.

No Tom Cully. :cry: But oh well...it was going to happen soon.

The video didn't really show much footage of the other boys singing...It was nice to see Ed and Liam there, as well as the boys that haven't joined the contests yet.

The song seems like a sad song for me, just going by the melody. Maybe I'll have to take a look at the lyrics.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dani wrote:
Lot wrote:Who is it ? What's his name ?
(~2:53)
Sammy without the glasses.
Definitely not Sammy. He's sitting with James T.

And I also did not see Flynn or Matthew. Of course, there are a lot of reasons why they are not in the video. Let's hope we see more of them because those two have very beautiful voices. :wink:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

carina_gino20 wrote:The song seems like a sad song for me, just going by the melody. Maybe I'll have to take a look at the lyrics.
Yes, you'd better look at the lyrics because it took me ages and I can't tell you how many listen throughs!

It's not a sad song in my opinion - solemn is probably more accurate. It is about God so I don't think it could be described as sad 8)

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:
Seems about right :)
Thanks Dani :D
Last edited by Yorkie on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love